Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicar street seating

Options
  • 26-08-2019 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hiya, I've only been to vicar street once and we were seated in the area in front of the stage - this was way back in 2017.

Currently booking tickets for a gig and it says that where we were seated at the previous gig is a "Standing" ticket

Am I correct in thinking that means there will be no seating available? As I'm lazy and can't dance so would prefer said seat, trying to decide between block E and the standing area so any insight appreciated!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If says standing, the floor seats will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

There's a large square floor area in front of the stage that has removable seats which are taken out for a "standing" gig. There are also seats all around the sides of the room that stay put, but as far as I know its just a first-come first-served kind of thing for those. The gallery upstairs is also all seated but I don't know if you need to buy special tickets for that

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hazelZzz

Ah cool! I went for the standing anyway, I'm sure I'll survive! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some will be seated in the side seats before the gig and when it starts they go down and stand, so if there are none at the start keep an eye out.

You generally get all seated just at the likes of comedy gigs or less lively bands/acts.

If not sold out they might let you upstairs.

Advertisement