Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find a new PM but I have a notification

Options
  • 26-08-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi. I'm getting a notification that I have a private message, but I can't find it! Please can you tell me where else it could be, other than my inbox? Thanks :)

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We recently suffered a spam attack involving PMs sent to users. We have deleted all those PMs.

This happened just over 2 weeks ago, so if your notification was received then the PM will have almost certainly been deleted by us when removing any remaining trace of this spammer

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi shortie_chik,

As Beasty mentioned, this is as a result of deleting spam PMs. You can get rid of the notification by sending yourself a Private Message and opening that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

You can get rid of the notification by sending yourself a Private Message and opening that one.

Thanks, Mark. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement