If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size vs OLED

Options
  • 27-08-2019 8:43am

Considering a new TV,
    Currently have a pani 50" from yourselves (2013).
    50" is a bit lost in our new house so thinking 65/75".
    The Philips 75PUS6754 looks good as I've always wanted an ambilight tv,
    But this 65 " OLED LG is tempting as its OLED.
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/lg-65-inch-smart-oled.html

Is the 10" drop in size worth it for the OLED ?#
    75" is some serious bragging right :pac:
    Budget is in or around 1500e .

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Considering a new TV,
    Currently have a pani 50" from yourselves (2013).
    50" is a bit lost in our new house so thinking 65/75".
    The Philips 75PUS6754 looks good as I've always wanted an ambilight tv,
    But this 65 " OLED LG is tempting as its OLED.
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/lg-65-inch-smart-oled.html

Is the 10" drop in size worth it for the OLED ?#
    75" is some serious bragging right :pac:
    Budget is in or around 1500e .

Thanks
    Hey BrownFinger.

There really is no comparison between the LED of the Philips and the OLED of LG.
    The OLED blows it away!

If it was me I would go picture quality over size all day long.
    Don't get me wrong the Philips is a nice television but not even close to OLED standards.

Starting point for OLED would be the LG 65B8S priced at £1499 or 1799 Euro so it does push your budget unfortunately.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203507-lg-oled65b8s-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Kenny,
    Yea leaning more for quality over quantity alright.
    Ah sure you know yourself,what's another 300e?
    Any sales coming up soon ?
    maybe a brexit sale :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Snipped by Mod

Thanks Kenny,
    Yea leaning more for quality over quantity alright.
    Ah sure you know yourself,what's another 300e?
    Any sales coming up soon ?
    maybe a brexit sale :pac:
    Hi BrownFinger.

Don't think there will be a Brexit Sale :)

Our latest sale was just on over the bank holiday weekend and finished up yesterday but there were no deals on the 65B8S unfortunately.
    I could squeeze one of them down to £1460 with free shipping if this helped with your budget any.

You could check with your bank to see what rate they would give you a a sterling purchase.

As Wheety mentions below our Euro pricing is not always a direct conversion of the sterling as we have to set our pricing to compete in two markets.
    Sterling pricing against our UK competitors and Euro against our Sourthern competitors but you are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for yourself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Wheety,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum. Queries here are for Richersounds to answer, its not appropriate to pitch in your advice/opinion from the sidelines:

As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have a query for Richersounds feel free to open a thread and ask away, but please do not post on this thread again.

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Cheers Ritz.

PM sent to you Kenny:cool:

PM sent to you Kenny:cool:
    Cheers BrownFinger.

Will get in touch ASAP :)

Hi Kenny,
    Got the TV yesterday and got it mounted last night.
    All I can say is WOW!
    The black levels/contrasts is unbelievable ,coupled with the size makes for impressive viewing.
    The only thing is my cat is now obsessed with the LG magic remote pointer:eek:
    Thanks for the recommendation .

BF

Hi Kenny,
    Got the TV yesterday and got it mounted last night.
    All I can say is WOW!
    The black levels/contrasts is unbelievable ,coupled with the size makes for impressive viewing.
    The only thing is my cat is now obsessed with the LG magic remote pointer:eek:
    Thanks for the recommendation .

BF
    Hey BrownFinger.

Excellent News that you are enjoy your NEW OLED.

They really are the business :D

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.