Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11, 11 Max/Pro, 11R

Options
  • 27-08-2019 1:36pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, if rumours are to be believed, the event is 2 weeks away on September 10th.

I'm really looking forward to this, smashed up my Xs Max, picked up an XR to tide me over, but really looking forward to seeing this years devices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The matte finish could be enough for me to upgrade, I loved my black 7. The glass back on my XS Max is never seen as it's cased up, but I never had a case on my 7, which is the way I like my iPhone.

That's if I can sell it and justify the upgrade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It’s rumoured to the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Seems like it will be one of the more minor update cycles this year in the history of the iPhone. Upgraded camera as usual and a spec bump doesn’t amount to much. Only novel feature that I’d like is the reverse wireless charging.

I bought the X on launch day and happy to keep it. This will be the first iPhone I’ve held onto for longer than 2 years since 2009 for me.

Something about Pro Max is really off putting.. sounds like a cream for fighting a really sketchy infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

DubDJ wrote: »
    It’s rumoured to the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Seems like it will be one of the more minor update cycles this year in the history of the iPhone. Upgraded camera as usual and a spec bump doesn’t amount to much. Only novel feature that I’d like is the reverse wireless charging.

I bought the X on launch day and happy to keep it. This will be the first iPhone I’ve held onto for longer than 2 years since 2009 for me.
    I'm the same as you, I've the X. Nothing about the upcoming phones has me excited or pushing me to upgrade. The same notch 2 years (and multiple phones) later as well.....disappointing there's such a lack of innovation.
    The iPhone 11, much like the Apple Event itself, I'll be skipping.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

So who's getting what?

11 Pro Max in Gold for me.

Still nothing on Vodafones website about pre orders tomorrow tho...hopefully they do have something tomorrow, there's a hole burning in my credit card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I wonder will there be decent trade in at the Belfast store in line with what's to be offered in the states?

5d77eded2e22af12b6464688?width=750&format=jpeg&auto=webp

I have a X and I might upgrade to the Pro Max if the trade in is reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I fed in my details to the www.apple.co.uk site and it said it would give me 290 sterling (€320) off an iPhone 11 Pro Max for my iPhone X 64gb. The same phone on Adverts.ie etc is currently listed at between €500 and €600.

So it's not a great deal from Apple, but on the flip side, you might not get those kinds of prices online if a lot of people start selling their handsets off and you don't have to meet someone potentially dodgy in a car park or cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I fed in my details to the www.apple.co.uk site and it said it would give me 290 sterling (€320) off an iPhone 11 Pro Max for my iPhone X 64gb. The same phone on Adverts.ie etc is currently listed at between €500 and €600.

So it's not a great deal from Apple, but on the flip side, you might not get those kinds of prices online if a lot of people start selling their handsets off and you don't have to meet someone potentially dodgy in a car park or cafe.

I’ve a few scratches on the screen, but only one that impairs image quality slightly. Only I can really notice it, but would this wear and tear impact the trade in price, or is there some allowance by Apple?

If that’s the case I’ll just end up holding on to it or selling it on

Truthfully I don't know.

This is what Apple asks on their online page about trade ins:

Is the iPhone in good condition?
    Answer yes if all of the following apply:
    It turns on and functions normally
    All the buttons work
    The cameras work
    The body is free of dents and scratches
    The touchscreen and back glass are undamaged

So it asks if the touchscreen and back glass are undamaged. I would interpret that to mean that it's functional and not cracked. Scratches might not be a deal breaker but I'd say they'd need to see it in person to make you a full offer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Any time I've had a look at trade in value3s they are terrible. You would give it away before trading it in to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

So who is buying the midnight green? Think I will.
    Have had space grey for years now. Don’t like the white or gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

It’s the first time since I’ve started using smartphones that I am considering moving from
    Apple to an Android device, the new models are uninspiring in comparison to some android phones!

Conflicted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

frag420 wrote: »
    It’s the first time since I’ve started using smartphones that I am considering moving from
    Apple to an Android device, the new models are uninspiring in comparison to some android phones!

Conflicted!!

Don't do it.

https://giphy.com/gifs/dark-side-6x4CLjC8KofaU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Conflicted!!

Having alternated between iOS and android most years (barring a 2 year iPhone 7 plus stint) they both have pros and cons but overall I'd say iPhone is the better if you're keeping a phone 1+ years. I'm on a Note 9 now and was looking to move back to iPhone. This years models are indeed fairly uninspiring, I'm thinking now I might pick up a cheaper XS Max 2nd hand and wait for the big change next year (hopefully move to USB-C at least). On the flip side my Note has been acting up the last few months, overheating, weird lag and noticeably poorer battery life. For a phone less than a year old its not great and I've found that to be a regular occurrence with Android phones. When I was younger I didn't really care cos I upgraded yearly but the older I get and the more mature the smartphone market is the less appealing it is to upgrade every year.

I'll possibly still end up cracking and going for the 11 pro max but so far the temptation to pre-order is not strong at all, maybe get an 11 if I can't get a decent price for an XS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I see the iPhone as the VW Golf of cars. Nothing wrong with it, nothing groundbreaking either. Solid. Well built. I’ve done a few stints with Android and would love a cheaper option within iOS but android just feels a little bit off sometimes. Everything isn’t where you’d expect it to be or look as slick as you are used to. I do envy some of the open source features of Android and how you have 3-4 top manufacturers pushing each other on new gizmos.

Steve Jobs and Warren Buffet agree that true innovation is saying no to a thousand things...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Assuming I can get about 700 for my 64GB Xs, the jump to a iPhone 11 64G would cost me only 130 euro. I'm tempted....

Mr.S wrote: »
    Already ready for my iPhone 7 Pro Max (horrible name) in Midnight Green!

Something Freudian there Mr S :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Conflicted!!

I am in the exact same boat, I would always be pro apple but the gap between other offerings is soo wide at this point. really considering taking a punt at the Mi 9T pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

If I pre-order at 1pm today will I definitely get the phone delivered to me on the 20th as Apple says?

Are the preorders ever delayed?
    20th is a Friday and need it for a gift over that weekend.

Would I be better off going to CompuB etc.

brimal wrote: »
    If I pre-order at 1pm today will I definitely get the phone delivered to me on the 20th as Apple says?

Are the preorders ever delayed?
    20th is a Friday and need it for a gift over that weekend.

Would I be better off going to CompuB etc.

You will be cutting it fine. To many variables. Delivery driver etc. Mostly I have got mine on delivery days. But at had to wait till the Monday. Or drove to depo myself.

Boom. Midnight Green Pro Max ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

256 midnight green. Delivers on the 20th.

64gb midnight green pro max ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Green 64GB now delivers 30th Sept-7th Oct
    256GB 23rd-25th

Others are still 20th.

Vodafone want €1300 for the phone including a deposit.

No new device for me this year, unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

eeloe wrote: »

is that for bill pay? at that price just buy the phone outright from apple and go payg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

eeloe wrote: »

Thats insane! That must be for the 512GB Max is it? Three seem slightly cheaper than Vodafone on bill pay. As another poster said, buy it direct from Apple at that price.

• Advertisement

Just can’t justify paying €1449 for the device this year.

The xr will be passed to the wife so I can’t get any €‘s back from this.

Advertisement