Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11, 11 Max/Pro, 11R

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

My delivery from Apple is 1st Oct- 8th Oct, still on processing :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have you been charged? If you can find stock in a local store just cancel and purchase there.

Highly recommend to keep order with Apple direct as your consumer law is direct with Apple then and not the reseller.

Apple so far seems to be very good in honouring this.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

flexcon wrote: »
    Highly recommend to keep order with Apple direct as your consumer law is direct with Apple then and not the reseller.

Huh? I don't think this is true.

His consumer protection is with whatever shop he buys it from. Apple, Compub, Argos, whatever. The protection is exactly the same no matter what.

awec wrote: »
    Huh? I don't think this is true.

His consumer protection is with whatever shop he buys it from. Apple, Compub, Argos, whatever. The protection is exactly the same no matter what.

That's my point. Sorry If it wasn't clear what I was trying to say.

If he buys from Argos then the 6 years of consumer law is with Argos. Best of luck dealing with them when you want to make a claim.

If bought with Apple the 6 years are with them directly and I have used the law twice and found them incredible.

Just an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I’d agree that buying with Apple directly is the way to go. My experience with Argos for something two months past a 1 year warranty was appalling, despite all the consumer rights cited to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If he buys from Argos then the 6 years of consumer law is with Argos. Best of luck dealing with them when you want to make a claim.

I get what you are saying, but Argos is probably the wrong company to use as they are very good with Consumer Law and products last for a reasonable amount of time.

I've returned item for replacement well over the 12 month warranty to them and i've never had an issue getting a replacement of Credit Note.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

According to sales reps in Three, Apple have cancelled a large shipment of 11's, Pros and Pro Max's into Ireland this week which will delay all phones being freely available in all stores (not just Three) for another few weeks :eek:

R777B wrote: »
    According to sales reps in Three, Apple have cancelled a large shipment of 11's, Pros and Pro Max's into Ireland this week which will delay all phones being freely available in all stores (not just Three) for another few weeks :eek:

From experience, many a moon ago (I used to work in Applecare and Logistics) - that is probably hogwash. Channel supplier neutrality is taken seriously within and sounds more like the usual sales tactic of these companies which is Over Promise and Under Deliver. I remember a particular case of a well-known network that honestly took as many orders in. 10 x 1 to what they knew they would get.

I have a few friends, ex-colleagues who still work in there and unless the Ethos has changed I really find that excuse hard to believe.

From experience, many a moon ago (I used to work in Applecare and Logistics) - that is probably hogwash. Channel supplier neutrality is taken seriously within and sounds more like the usual sales tactic of these companies which is Over Promise and Under Deliver. I remember a particular case of a well-known network that honestly took as many orders in. 10 x 1 to what they knew they would get.

I have a few friends, ex-colleagues who still work in there and unless the Ethos has changed I really find that excuse hard to believe.

I think I agree with you to be honest, it sounds very much like a story to spin rather than just say 'we have no idea when the phones will be here' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This probably was just somebody making up a story, but there’s a chance that a shipment was delayed due to the weather at the moment. So maybe his story came from a true event but even so, it would be a minor delay of a few days at most.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll stick it out, not in a rush. I have noticed a change of wording, even though it still says processing , underneath it says " We are preparing your order and will notify you when it ships"

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

I can imagine the difference between the 11 pro max and a 6s would be massive in all aspects not just size?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Yeah I'll stick it out, not in a rush. I have noticed a change of wording, even though it still says processing , underneath it says " We are preparing your order and will notify you when it ships"

I just have preparing to order but my date is the 8th to the 15th. I was hoping to get it early but not likely by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Anyone have any experience ordering from amazon? My da had a bunch of amazon gift cards built up and decided to upgrade from his 6, preordered on the 13th but has continually gotten the usual delayed emails since launch day, almost everyday gets an email saying sorry your order has been delayed, arriving tomorrow, then delayed again and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GFF

akadesign wrote: »
    Unfortunately not Martin, pretty much the same story, called this number *1800 77 37 29‬ which apparently deal with pre orders, first they said out of stock, they said I’d have it Friday. Called again and said i might have it this week but they’ve literally no clue either way. Switch from Vodafone but I’ve a vague recollection of this happening a few years ago and took a month and many phone calls to get it.

Maybe give them a call and report back, see if they are giving you the same story.

I have the same problem with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

GFF wrote: »
    I have the same problem with Eir

Best of luck GFF I am waiting 3 weeks now 🤬 Eir are a complete and utter joke, I’ll never use them again. Don’t have a clue & they don’t care. There excuses are unbelievable. There complaints department told me to watch my email but never answered any of the issues I had with them.

milhous wrote: »
    I just have preparing to order but my date is the 8th to the 15th. I was hoping to get it early but not likely by the looks of it.

I awoke this morning to preparing to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Good ol eir lost my money and told me their supplier cancelled the order. Took me 10 days to get my money found. Never again will I buy from them ****ehawks again

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I awoke this morning to preparing to ship.

Now changed to shipped and arrives tomorrow.

My mate is an Eir Engineer.
    They have simply not been giving the stock levels from Apple to sell on.
    They were promised items, but they don't appear.

For example, the Santry shop got 2 phones in for the launch.

• Advertisement

martin_g wrote: »
    Best of luck GFF I am waiting 3 weeks now 🤬 Eir are a complete and utter joke, I’ll never use them again. Don’t have a clue & they don’t care. There excuses are unbelievable. There complaints department told me to watch my email but never answered any of the issues I had with them.

I was on the phone with the customer care earlier today and its the same story again, probably next week. But no date

You’re wasting your time they won’t give u any timeframe, I am just fed up with it now, ordered 3 weeks ago on pre launch day at 13:00 was promised one then, then I was told the 30th, there just bluffing to get you to go away.

You’re wasting your time they won’t give u any timeframe, I am just fed up with it now, ordered 3 weeks ago on pre launch day at 13:00 was promised one then, then I was told the 30th, there just bluffing to get you to go away.

We will probably get it next week

Can’t believe you guys are getting so much trouble from Eir.
    I ordered my upgrade on the Monday and it arrived Thursday.

Pro 64GB in green.
    I guess all you guys ordered the Pro Max?

kceire wrote: »
    Can’t believe you guys are getting so much trouble from Eir.
    I ordered my upgrade on the Monday and it arrived Thursday.

Pro 64GB in green.
    I guess all you guys ordered the Pro Max?

Yes, Pro Max, it’s out of stock with all network in Ireland

I ordered the 11 Pro 256 gig model, had max for last few years so wanted to try the smaller one.
    Eir are just useless!

I ordered the 11 Pro 256 gig model, had max for last few years so wanted to try the smaller one.
    Eir are just useless!

Hey Martin, any update from Eir ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Is the pro Max exceeding demand expectations? Can’t seem to get it on 3 for the last 2 weeks and 64g out of stock on compub website. Not Impressed

Shn99 wrote: »
    Is the pro Max exceeding demand expectations? Can’t seem to get it on 3 for the last 2 weeks and 64g out of stock on compub website. Not Impressed

Having the same problems. Seems that there was very limited stock on launch day and both Three/Compub have yet to get any more in. Not sure about other networks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Having the same problems. Seems that there was very limited stock on launch day and both Three/Compub have yet to get any more in. Not sure about other networks

Tweeted Three a few times and getting the same “We dont have an exact time as to when they will be back in stock however check back on our website soon” response

Advertisement