Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11, 11 Max/Pro, 11R

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Bob24 wrote: »
    Blazer wrote: »
    It will be fine at launch but a year or 2 later that 4gb of ram will be holding it back.

I don’t know ... I don’t feel the 3GB of my 2 years old iPhone X are holding it back today, and at the time there were the same talks saying it was half of the 6gb found on some android phones and would be an issue in the long term.

Also, 2GB phones like the iPhone 8 are still running more than decently, and that model is indeed still present on this year’s line up. As they are still selling the 8 this year, Apple has to make sure iOS still runs decently with 2GB for another while, which kind of guarantees it will run very fine with 4GB.

I think iOS and Android are just 2 very different beasts in terms of memory management.

That’s some sound logic right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Exact battery capacity and RAM on the new iPhones is now known.

All iPhones have 4GB of RAM, the pro models don’t have 6GB as rumoured.

iPhone 11: 3,110 mAh battery, against the 2,942 mAh battery on the XR.
    iPhone 11 Pro: 3,046 mAh battery, while the regular iPhone XS had only 2,658 mAh.
    iPhone 11 Pro Max: 3,969 mAh internal battery, up from 3,174 mAh on iPhone XS Plus.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/17/iphone-11-and-iphone-11-pro-battery-size/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Will providers like Eir, deliver on Friday or will they only dispatch on Monday?

Anybody experience with this? Never pre-ordered a phone at launch before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Probably going to upgrade from a 6 tomorrow.

XR is over a hundred euro cheaper than the 11. I'm not big into using the phone as a camera, so is the 11 worth that extra money over the XR?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Probably going to upgrade from a 6 tomorrow.

XR is over a hundred euro cheaper than the 11. I'm not big into using the phone as a camera, so is the 11 worth that extra money over the XR?

IMO the 11 is no brainier compared to the Xr for the extra 100 euros.

It’s not just the much better camera, you also get much improved battery life, as well as the latest chip and more RAM which means it will remain useable for a longer time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Any idea if there are devices to walk up and buy on Friday morning in the Dublin stores?

I asked in Three and Vodafone on Grafton St and neither of them knew if they'd have stock on the morning of

R777B wrote: »
    I asked in Three and Vodafone on Grafton St and neither of them knew if they'd have stock on the morning of

I'd say they will, they nearly always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'd say they will, they nearly always do.

Yeah I seemed to get the impression they didn't know and were hoping for the best. Worth a shot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I was included in a tweet to CompuB in which they said they'd have stock on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Will providers like Eir, deliver on Friday or will they only dispatch on Monday?

Anybody experience with this? Never pre-ordered a phone at launch before.

Three just told me by DM on Twitter that pre-orders placed on Friday 13th will be delivered on Friday.

I've got my Spigen case and screen protector ready and waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I have the Iphone 6 (3.5 years) was considering upgrading to 8 or X or XS but now the 11 is here it's much cheaper than launch of previous versions. I am not to bothered about the camera features but for the sake of may 100 or 150 (buying outright) would you pick the XS or 11?

Battery life is a major thing and my 6 is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I ordered the 11 from Apple and it’s been on “preparing to ship” since Saturday. Still says it’s to arrive on Friday but it doesn’t look likely now.

I ordered the 11 from Apple and it’s been on “preparing to ship” since Saturday. Still says it’s to arrive on Friday but it doesn’t look likely now.

You'll find it'll shipped with nextday delivery tomorrow, to arrive on Friday.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I have the Iphone 6 (3.5 years) was considering upgrading to 8 or X or XS but now the 11 is here it's much cheaper than launch of previous versions. I am not to bothered about the camera features but for the sake of may 100 or 150 (buying outright) would you pick the XS or 11?

Battery life is a major thing and my 6 is bad.

If battery life is a big deal then you have to go with the XR/11 if looking to cut costs, or the 11 Pro Max if money is not an object.

By removing 3D touch, Apple increased the battery size and capacity of the 11 Pro by 20% (4 hours) over the XS, and increased the 11 Pro Max by 25% (5 hours) over the XS Max.

3D touch was removed already in the XR so the 11 doesn't have a huge battery increase, only 1 hour gain.

_ _ _ _ _

Here's the source
    TENAA filings from China reveal that the 6.1-inch iPhone 11 has a 3,046 mAh battery. Comparatively, the iPhone XR has a 2,942 mAh battery, and the 6.1-inch Galaxy S10 has a 3,400 mAh battery.

The 5.8-inch iPhone 11 Pro, meanwhile, features a slightly bigger battery than the iPhone 11, even though the 11 Pro is a tad smaller. We’re looking at a 3,110 mAh capacity, which is significantly larger than the iPhone XS’s 2,658 mAh battery. The 5.5-inch Pixel 3 has a 2,915 mAh battery, almost as big as the Pixel 3a’s 3,000 mAh battery; the 6-inch Pixel 3a XL has a 3,700 mAh battery. The 5.8-inch Galaxy S10e features a 3,100 mAh battery.

The biggest of the three new batteries is the 6.5-inch iPhone 11 Pro’s 3,969 mAh unit, a massive upgrade over the iPhone XS Max’s 3,174 mah battery. Comparatively, the 6.8-inch Galaxy Note 10+ has a 4,300 mAh battery, while the 6.5-inch Huawei P30 Pro has a 4,200 mAh battery. The 6.4-inch OnePlus 7 packs 3,700 mAh of juice, while the 6.7-inch OnePlus 7 Pro has a 4,000 mAh battery package. Finally, the 6.3-inch Pixel 3 XL has a 3,430 mAh battery.

The upcoming iPhone 11 teardowns are likely going to confirm these battery capacities. The iPhone 11 phones hit stores on Friday, which is usually when the new iPhones get dismantled by iFixit and others.

Last year, the iPhone XR delivered the best battery life of the three iPhone XS-series phones, even though it’s smaller in size than the XS Max. That’s not the case anymore, with the iPhone 11 Pro Max getting the best battery life estimates this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

You'll find it'll shipped with nextday delivery tomorrow, to arrive on Friday.

Ah great. I thought it was coming from China!

Ah great. I thought it was coming from China!

No, there’s a storage place somewhere in town with them ready to go. A buddy of mine used to work for them (not Apple). They’re all probably ready to go now and will be sent tomorrow off to the delivery companies.

EDIT - technically they did come from China.. earlier this week or sometime :D

Mr.S wrote: »
    All preorders come from China, no? That’s always the case.

My UPS tracking was initiated today.

I guess they’re built there.. but I don’t think they send millions of phones separately from China. I know for certain there’s a central place in Dublin that ships all iPhones out to the different telcos for launch day, one can only imagine it is somewhat similar for others. A batch sent to Ireland and the orders filled from here.

I stand corrected. Found this.

I am sure about the telco deliveries however as my friend did work for the company that ships them out to telcos. I made an assumption with that bit of knowledge..

I am sure about the telco deliveries however as my friend did work for the company that ships them out to telcos. I made an assumption with that bit of knowledge..

is it any wonder some people get it a day early! individual orders from China for launch day? Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Does the company in question end with the letters “tis”? ;)

• Advertisement

Does the company in question end with the letters “tis”? ;)

Does it?? ;)
    BBMcQ wrote: »
    is it any wonder some people get it a day early! individual orders from China for launch day? Crazy.

Crazy is the word!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

My order is still saying preparing to ship .... hate this stage. Just want it before heading into the weekend but every year I’m left biting the nails. First world problems

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Same here
    Preparing for shipping ....expected Friday !!!
    Not expecting it Friday as others here already have shipped status !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Ordered the 64gb pro from three as an upgrade. Just noticed they’ve pulled it from the site, along with the pro max models, and are only showing the 256gb pro model in green or grey. Expecting a cancellation email now

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

For anyone that ordered from Apple, apparently even though it says “preparing to ship”, some have actually shipped but not updated. Some have got to see the tracking on UPS by using their phone number or the Apple order number leaving off last 2 digits as the tracking reference.

Ordered the 64gb pro from three as an upgrade. Just noticed they’ve pulled it from the site, along with the pro max models, and are only showing the 256gb pro model in green or grey. Expecting a cancellation email now

Same boat as you but i'm not worried. Three have told me on chat and on twitter than i'll have Friday. Three might pull the model from the site if they've sold out and don't plan on getting many more for a few weeks. It also shepards hasty launch day buyers towards the higher cost models!

Wouldn't that just mean they have none left now and yours is fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

shaneob86 wrote: »
    For anyone that ordered from Apple, apparently even though it says “preparing to ship”, some have actually shipped but not updated. Some have got to see the tracking on UPS by using their phone number or the Apple order number leaving off last 2 digits as the tracking reference.

Tried this but no joy. Order says "Preparing to Ship" and "Arriving Tomorrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Wouldn't that just mean they have none left now and yours is fine?

Hoping so, but on previous launches they keep them for sale and call you afterwards to let you know there'll be a longer wait. Guess I'll find out tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

Tried this but no joy. Order says "Preparing to Ship" and "Arriving Tomorrow"

Where do you live? I ordered right as pre orders opened and I still got Monday estimate. Could be that I’m not in a city.

Advertisement