Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11, 11 Max/Pro, 11R

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Only iphone 11 64gb in stock in three shop The square

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

My Three order just got delivered by An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Guys.... am up for upgrade from my iPhone 7 with Eir. I still have to add cash but there is only a difference of €80 between getting an X or an 11. It's not the money that concerns me.... it's which is the better phone on recommendation.

Help me decide!!!

Many thanka

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Masala wrote: »
    Guys.... am up for upgrade from my iPhone 7 with Eir. I still have to add cash but there is only a difference of €80 between getting an X or an 11. It's not the money that concerns me.... it's which is the better phone on recommendation.

Help me decide!!!

Many thanka

Well you know the 11 is higher spec. So what do you need.

Only issue is that the screen is not OLED but that wouldn't bother me.

Also don't get why people say they're up for an upgrade. There is no difference in price if buying phone as new or existing customer or just buying it upfront. It's not subsidised by networks in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Help me decide!!!

Many thanka

When you say X do you mean the 2017 iPhone X?? If so it's a no brainer to get the 2019 iPhone 11 with better battery life, processor, cameras etc.

• Advertisement

Help me decide!!!

Many thanka

The X is not currently on the Eir website so I would just check what you are actually getting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

murpho999 wrote: »
    iPhone 11 64gb.

After 4 calls,including one where Eir say I have to contact Nightline, and Nightline say that I need to get Eir to contact them.:rolleyes:

Eir say they have changed delivery address and sent to Nightline but I'm not convinced.

I presume eir didn’t receive iPhone pro max then because nothing for me and I ordered bang on 1.10 pm last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

DHL moved up delivery from Monday to Today! Nice surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Well you know the 11 is higher spec. So what do you need.

Only issue is that the screen is not OLED but that wouldn't bother me.

Also don't get why people say they're up for an upgrade. There is no difference in price if buying phone as new or existing customer or just buying it upfront. It's not subsidised by networks in anyway.

There is a difference with upgrade. I’m retaining my existing plan with 3 and upgraded to an 11 for €229 phone cost.

Mine arrived, very happy with it so far!

There is a difference with upgrade. I’m retaining my existing plan with 3 and upgraded to an 11 for €229 phone cost.

Yes, but if you didn't upgrade you could have gone on a cheaper SIM only plan.

The upgrade is not saving you anything.

I'm not criticising you as I have done the same myself just pointing out that these "upgrades" are not cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mj2017

I like the color of iPhone 11. Planning to buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Did you get a tracking number by any chance?
    Ive not had any updates.
    3 online chat saying that stock is out and shipments are subject to stock availability.... so no clear answer. Even tho email stays pre-orders would be dispatched on time and to delete the generic email.
    This rings a bell from my last pre-order upgrade

Yes, but if you didn't upgrade you could have gone on a cheaper SIM only plan.

The upgrade is not saving you anything.

I'm not criticising you as I have done the same myself just pointing out that these "upgrades" are not cheaper.

Yeah that’s a fair enough assessment I suppose, long run prob not a saving but in the here and now I’m not having to fork out full price for a phone and downgrading my price plan.

:)

kaerobe wrote: »
    Did you get a tracking number by any chance?
    Ive not had any updates.
    3 online chat saying that stock is out and shipments are subject to stock availability.... so no clear answer. Even tho email stays pre-orders would be dispatched on time and to delete the generic email.
    This rings a bell from my last pre-order upgrade

I was told by 3 yesterday that my phone would be here today, first I heard of it was a text from an post this morning to say it was onboard their van for delivery today and lo and behold it arrived with regular post this morning.

Prior to that I hadn’t received any confirmation or tracking whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

I was told by 3 yesterday that my phone would be here today, first I heard of it was a text from an post this morning to say it was onboard their van for delivery today and lo and behold it arrived with regular post this morning.

Prior to that I hadn’t received any confirmation or tracking whatsoever.

3 online chat said my order is ''out of stock''.
    Pre Ordered on 1st day.
    Email said to disregard notification on delays for pre-orders.
    No text, no tracking number.
    Sh*te CS as usual, no transparency. I just need to be told its not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

My phone order has just been delivered. Setting up now. Initial impressions are that the midnight green Pro Max is really stunning in person. It's a much more subdued green than I initially thought. It changes significantly depending on the light it's in. It's really gorgeous.

kaerobe wrote: »
    3 online chat said my order is ''out of stock''.
    Pre Ordered on 1st day.
    Email said to disregard notification on delays for pre-orders.
    No text, no tracking number.
    Sh*te CS as usual, no transparency. I just need to be told its not today.

Give them a call/live msg maybe see if they can let you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itsthisyear

Anyone moving to the 11 Pro from the X. Is it worth it??

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I'm due an upgrade with Three next month. I assume the upgrade prices will be roughly in line with the bill pay prices for 11/11 Pro?

MillField wrote: »
    I'm due an upgrade with Three next month. I assume the upgrade prices will be roughly in line with the bill pay prices for 11/11 Pro?

They will be the exact same.

Unless you ring Loyalty team and talk of leaving and you might get a discount. Worked for me with Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I don't get why people want it now, I want it now !!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611481a051bb9d478ebd72a22a46561428882230734&rid=giphy.gif

Bit silly, and childish

I so need an upgrade. The last phone I bought was a Sony k800i and I still have it, bought it new when it came out. Never missed a beat.
    I think I'll get the 11 pro max. Sometime soon, not now !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

The last phone I bought was a Sony k800i and I still have it, bought it new when it came out. Never missed a beat.
    I think I'll get the 11 pro max. Sometime soon, not now !!!!!!!

Good God.Going from that to a 2019 smartphone will be like seeing colour TV for the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MillField wrote: »
    Good God.Going from that to a 2019 smartphone will be like seeing colour TV for the first time :D

Yea it will, k800i was the best available phone when I bought it, so I can repeat the feat buying the 11 Promax. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Queued up since 7:40 AM over at CompuB and they only got one of each pro max 64gb colour. Both colours I wanted were taken by the two ahead of me in the queue so I dipped out of it.

Disappointed but hey! Only a few more weeks to wait with ordering of Apple online

If you're willing to bump up to 256, they have limited stock in Dundrum. They also have available for Home Delivery.

Ordered for pickup myself (different colour) from Dundrum just after 4pm, and I just got email that it's ready for collection.

Strike that! It's now gone to available 01/10

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Yeah moved from X to 11 Pro. Mainly did it for the battery and camera, so won't really know if it was worth it for a few weeks!

Like other poster said, X has held it's value and will get around 500 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Anyone pre-order with Eir? What a shower. Called and live chatted. First they said it’s out of stock, even tough they had stock when ordered. Then they changed there tune and said I’d have it today.

No tracking, no email confirmation, nothing. So they seem to have no idea of when I might receive it.

Do they call before delivery as I’m away next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

After trying in Dublin City today I placed the order on Apple Online for the Pro Max 64GB Midnight Green. Here’s hoping the order is a bit quicker than the Oct 7-14 estimate.

I did. I sold my X for more than I got the 11 Pro with Three. I’m a photo-maniac so the ultra wide does it for me. Add the extra battery and I was sold.

Yea it will, k800i was the best available phone when I bought it, so I can repeat the feat buying the 11 Promax. :)

I had that too. Xenon flash still hasn’t been beaten on a popular modern phone. I think Nokia put it on one of their Windows Phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Got the iPhone 11 Product Red delivered today

Gorgeous phone

Advertisement