Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera for Bicycle Handlebars

Options
  • 27-08-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

After yet another near miss, I want to invest in a camera for the bike. I'd prefer something discrete that can sit on the handlebars if possible. So please, what should I get?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think a helmet cam would be more useful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

beauf wrote: »
    I think a helmet cam would be more useful tbh.

Nah. Nauseating to watch, requires a helmet, look like a mad fella etc. Handlebars works well, handlebars and under saddle for full coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

qb123 wrote: »
    After yet another near miss, I want to invest in a camera for the bike. I'd prefer something discrete that can sit on the handlebars if possible. So please, what should I get?

Thanks.

Go pro hero 4 are small and high quality, just buy yourself an aluminium case as the plastic mounting it comes with that allows you to attach it to your bars isnt the most durable

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

A Crosstour version off Amazon would be better (and cheaper) in my opinion. I have two of their dashcams for 6 months and whereas not as polished as a leading brand - they have worked well so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh2mM8x9pMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I have been using this camera for a few months. Basically, it's the cheaper, smaller version of the Polaroid GoPro equivalent. It's very small and very non-descript in black.

It has a magnet and, using the soft rubber casing (with tether) which comes included, I can mount to the front mudguard and also secure it to the frame.

The video quality is excellent for my purposes (i.e. in the event of a taxi man driving into me again) considering it is less than €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

donvito99 wrote: »
    I have been using this camera for a few months. Basically, it's the cheaper, smaller version of the Polaroid GoPro equivalent. It's very small and very non-descript in black.

It has a magnet and, using the soft rubber casing (with tether) which comes included, I can mount to the front mudguard and also secure it to the frame.

The video quality is excellent for my purposes (i.e. in the event of a taxi man driving into me again) considering it is less than €50.

I had one of those for a while and it was great, but it died in the first rain shower. It needs the plastic case to be waterproof

Advertisement