Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Broadband speed suddenly halved

Options
  • 27-08-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Have had Vodafone BB for nearly 2 years and consistently 75 down and 20 up.
    Its VDSL.

In the past weeks, the download has halved, its now 40 down / 20 up

Any ideas on what could cause such an issue?

Have done the usual rebboting of routers etc.

Before I get onto VF tech call, any pointers on what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

fergalom wrote: »
    Have had Vodafone BB for nearly 2 years and consistently 75 down and 20 up.
    Its VDSL.

In the past weeks, the download has halved, its now 40 down / 20 up

Any ideas on what could cause such an issue?

Have done the usual rebboting of routers etc.

Before I get onto VF tech call, any pointers on what it could be?

Most likely a fault that’ll never get fixed for up to two years. I was ADSL with Vodafone. 2016-2017 the speed halved to 1.5mbps from 3mbps. Took a year to be fixed. Thankfully I have 1000mb fibre

Go in guns blazing and don’t stop bugging them until it’s fixed. Threaten to leave them for other broadband technologies. In turn they’ll get on to OpenEir who will eventually have to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is the phone line working normally eg dial tone, calls etc (not relevant if you have broadband only or VOIP)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is the phone line working normally eg dial tone, calls etc (not relevant if you have broadband only or VOIP)

BB only.
    The VF router is bridged but have tried with just VF router in normal condition also.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its a round profile value then it could be crossed lines . Profiles around there would be 40Mb (tests at 38-39) or 44Mb (testing at 42/43).

Alternatively its a fault. Grab All Association's advice isnt really applicable as long ADSL lines are much harder to fix at times than 500m VDSL runs. Not many places for them to check.

If you post your DSL stats we can tell you which is more likely.

Advertisement