Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is the Astra satellite to aim for?

• 27-08-2019 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

On my satellite tuner it just shows Astra1 or Astra 2. When I go to dishpointer and other similar sites it shows lots of different Astra satellites.

Which is the main one for us? (Is it one of the 28.2E ones?)

I need to get BBC4 and have got onto Eutelsat 7A by mistake.It has all the main FTA channels but not BBC4for some reason.

I was on the Astra2 satellite for years but suddenly got "no signal" and could only find Eutelsat 7A when I tried realigning the "new"** dish

**not new but I replaced a bit of it that had rusted through.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Astra 2, 28.2 should have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭amandstu

dulpit wrote: »
    Astra 2, 28.2 should have it.
    Thanks.

I think I saw Astra2A ,2E and 2F that seemed to have different Azimuths,Elevations etc.

I think they were all 28.2East .Do I have to choose between them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

amandstu wrote: »
    On my satellite tuner it just shows Astra1 or Astra 2. When I go to dishpointer and other similar sites it shows lots of different Astra satellites.

Which is the main one for us? (Is it one of the 28.2E ones?)

I need to get BBC4 and have got onto Eutelsat 7A by mistake.It has all the main FTA channels but not BBC4for some reason.

I was on the Astra2 satellite for years but suddenly got "no signal" and could only find Eutelsat 7A when I tried realigning the "new"** dish

**not new but I replaced a bit of it that had rusted through.

All the main channels are not on Eutelsat afaik, I think you are on one of the ASTRA Satellites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Many satellites use similar frequencies as there are only so many frequencies to go around. Satellite boxes use a list of frequencies organised by satellite name for simplicity. In many cases the box doesn't know or care which actual satellite it is pointing at. It is the aim of the dish that determines which channels you get. It is therefore not unusual to successfully tune in channels using the wrong satellite name but the right parameters and of course the right dish alignment.

Advertisement