Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clue: A 13 player Murder Mystery game.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necro wrote: »
    Kinda wanna veto a lynch of GnR if I'm honest, genuinely don't think he's a wolf.

Nobody has voted GnR. That said you saying you veto him would not make me not vote him if I wanted to but he is not the person I suspect the most atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Why do duffers and Bounty have 4 people FFAed in a 3 wolf game?

Oh god. Please not this. Please. Anything but this!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nobody has voted GnR. That said you saying you veto him would not make me not vote him if I wanted to but he is not the person I suspect the most atm

He's pretty high up on FFAs though.

Who out of the top people FFAed so far would you veto if you had a choice?

Mine is GnR

Mine is GnR

Why are you even talking about Vetos? We don't have a veto mechanic so it's irrelevant. Find a wolf!

tusk wrote: »
    Oh god. Please not this. Please. Anything but this!

FFA is supposed to a Process of Elimination to find who the village (and wolves masquerading as villagers) find the most wolfy.

Putting 4 people on a list when there are only three possible wolves is stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro what are you doing. Go find highly strung necro and ask him if veto'ing people is a better idea than finding people to vote for.

Why are you even talking about Vetos? We don't have a veto mechanic so it's irrelevant. Find a wolf!

Because I want to.

Who would you veto (aside from yourself) who's been FFAed so far?

The last time you tried to pull this kind of ****e was in the Sherlock game Necro.

Baggly wrote: »
    Necro what are you doing. Go find highly strung necro and ask him if veto'ing people is a better idea than finding people to vote for.

I want people to discuss everything :)

If you had a choice from the FFAs would you veto someone, if so, why.

The last time you tried to pull this kind of ****e was in the Sherlock game Necro.

What, readlists? It's a simple question it doesn't have to take up half the day

• Advertisement

Mine is GnR

using this as the list
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Player Post No FFA
    Duffman #418 Clarabel GnR Necro Ecto
    Necro #472 Tusk Clarabel Vale
    BountyHunter #483 GnR Clarabel Vale Sulli
    Ectoplasm #484 Hello2D Vale QB
    Baggly #489 Clarabel GnR Tusk

Will keep this updated if my laptop doesn't actually brick itself. For clarity Baggly did give his earlier but post #489 was tagged.

None of them really. I don't trust anyone atm but I guess out of those listed probably suspect you and Ecto the least. That's not me clearing either of you though so I would def not veto others going after either of you nor expect people to stop doing so if I did.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Not like you to OMGUS like this QB

If that was the case I'd be considering you too.

FFA is supposed to a Process of Elimination to find who the village (and wolves masquerading as villagers) find the most wolfy.

Putting 4 people on a list when there are only three possible wolves is stupid.

I'll disagree down to the ground on this.

I had ffa 1 as

Lough
    2D
    BH.

Lough is dead. I was wrong. now i've to go back to the drawingboard to find a third.

If I'd had 4 The drawing board would be ready to go.

quickbeam wrote: »
    If that was the case I'd be considering you too.

Why, did I FFA you or call you wolfy? I made a comment regarding your speed at acquiescing to No Lynch last night, that's about it.

WE DONT EVEN HAVE THE FFA TALLY YET. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

You want people to discuss everything but want to veto people choosing one particular person. Sounds like a contradiction to me

I'll disagree down to the ground on this.

I had ffa 1 as

Lough
    2D
    BH.

Lough is dead. I was wrong. now i've to go back to the drawingboard to find a third.

If I'd had 4 The drawing board would be ready to go.

You had an FFA before the munch? Well that's a bit weird. When have ever FFAed before the munch?

Meh, I'll chill again. Simple question, weird that people don't want to answer it though.

Meh, I'll chill again. Simple question, weird that people don't want to answer it though.

I answered it.

Weird question though. Why Veto anyone? Everyone should be discussed unless you have some way of proving someone is (and here comes that term everyone loves) lock clear.

Because I want to.

Who would you veto (aside from yourself) who's been FFAed so far?

I wouldn't veto anyone.

1. because it's irrelevant conversation in the current setup.
    2. its a game of group-think. if the group thinks someone should be killed then they should be killed. regardless of if one person thinks strongly that they shouldn't

I'm not wasting more time going down this route. and you doing so is making you seem more and more dodgy.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't veto anyone.

1. because it's irrelevant conversation in the current setup.
    2. its a game of group-think. if the group thinks someone should be killed then they should be killed. regardless of if one person thinks strongly that they shouldn't

I'm not wasting more time going down this route. and you doing so is making you seem more and more dodgy.

No it's not. It suits you to say that, seeing as I have my vote on you though ;)

But it's really, really not.

You had an FFA before the munch? Well that's a bit weird. When have ever FFAed before the munch?

I didn't have an official FFA. I posted who I thought was wolfy. and it was those three. simple.

I'm trying to illustrate a point that there are 13 people in the game. If you have 4 people that feel wolfy, there's nothing wrong with that. and in fact I think it's better than limiting yourself to 3

How does this question in any way help us?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Why in the name of god would you explain how your post makes sense from the perspective of a wolf, GNR..?!?

I always put myself in wolf shoes to try and solve a game, do other people not?

So if I was a wolf would I be happy the vig was dead - probably not

Likewise if I was a wolf why would I munch LoughC - to frame Clara is the best I got on that

It seems like a reasonable way to solve the problem? To catch a wolf I gotta think like a wolf

You know who else thinks like a wolf, right?

I didn't have an official FFA. I posted who I thought was wolfy. and it was those three. simple.

I'm trying to illustrate a point that there are 13 people in the game. If you have 4 people that feel wolfy, there's nothing wrong with that. and in fact I think it's better than limiting yourself to 3

You do realise the point of FFA right?

It's process of elimination by all players.

Posting more than the allotted number of wolves in the game in an FFA is counter-productive.

Have suspicions, voice them, sure.

But adding 4 or 5 or more suspicions is just fudging the numbers and directly impacting on the POE.

Which is not villagery.

No it's not. It suits you to say that, seeing as I have my vote on you though ;)

But it's really, really not.

What suits me? to say that vetoing is a useless conversation?

Unless it helps us, then it's a waste of time.

You can have your vote on me all you want, it's not going to change the fact that talking about a mechanic that doesn't exist is wasting resources that could be used elsewhere to find a wolf.

How does this question in any way help us?

Discussion helps us, ergo - this question is getting people involved.

I may be different in how I approach each game but one needs to have different methods to push discussion forward.

So #veto list day 2

Necro: GnR
    BH: Necro or Ecto
    tusk: No one.

Anyone else want to add a name?

People who had not interacted with Loughc:

Duffers
    Ecto
    GNR
    Hello 2D
    QB
    Sully
    Vale

• Advertisement

You do realise the point of FFA right?

It's process of elimination by all players.

Posting more than the allotted number of wolves in the game in an FFA is counter-productive.

Have suspicions, voice them, sure.

But adding 4 or 5 or more suspicions is just fudging the numbers and directly impacting on the POE.

Which is not villagery.

I'm not a mathemetician. I don't know the intricacies of FFA Algebra. What i know is that 99 percent of the time an ffa is not right. so having more than the number of wolves as potential wolves makes sense to me.

I don't do any calculations to help me solve these games, so ffas are useful to me for seeing who thinks who is bad. That's all. If that doesn't work for your maths, then disregard peoples' excess and let them play the way that works for them.

Advertisement