Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clue: A 13 player Murder Mystery game.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I think based on numbers a no lynch on Day 1 is a bad plan. We gift them a kill and gain nothing for it.

I agree with this but unless someone starts acting wolfy soon I might still vote no lynch as I don't want to contribute to someones death when I have nothing on them and obviously vote earlier than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

What info do you think we will get from a blind lynch tonight Ecto?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I think it's easy for a wolf to hide in a no lynch vote. I'll be looking suspiciously there tomorrow

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »

It's not necessarily about that (Also we have a couple of hours yet)

It's about handing the initiative to the wolves while giving ourselves fcuk all to go on.

Voting for No Lynch tonight means we get nada from it.

Just my opinion though

Clarabel wrote: »
    I think it's easy for a wolf to hide in a no lynch vote. I'll be looking suspiciously there tomorrow

If like myself you had to vote in the next 30ish minutes would you have a strong enough suspicion of someone to vote atm?

• Advertisement

A no info blind lynch is more likely to be all over the place and not provide info.

Its also more risky in terms of an RV being killed without notice or a chance to defend themselves.

If we kill a villager by accident tonight then we narrow the pool of people the wolves pick from to find RVs.

Yes we can't hit a wolf if we no Lynch, but we definitely don't hit a villager or RV. We save a number for when we have more info and aren't picking someone to lynch randomly.

Necro wrote: »
    It's not necessarily about that (Also we have a couple of hours yet)

It's about handing the initiative to the wolves while giving ourselves fcuk all to go on.

Voting for No Lynch tonight means we get nada from it.

Just my opinion though

So answer the question I asked Ecto. What will we likely get from tonight's lynch, if we avoid a no vote.

If people think there is a good reason to vote for someone, state it.

Don't just neg on no vote on principal. Provide a better target as an alternative.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok lemme run the numbers here for a minute

Lynch tonight - No Lynch - 10 v 3

Munch - 9 v 3

Mislynch - 8 v 3

Munch and vig friendly fire - 6 v 3

Mislynch - 5 v 3

Munch - 4 v 3

LYLO

Take out the friendly fire and it buys us an extra lynch but definitively we really only have 3 opportunities to find a wolf.

So... lynching tonight

Mislynch 9 v 3

Munch 8 v 3

Mislynch 7 v 3

Munch 6 v 3

Mislynch 5 v 3

Munch 4 v 3

LYLO

Not lynching tonight I guess gives our vig some wiggle room??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

It doesn't so much matter what info we get. The point is that we get MORE info from a lynch than we get from a no lynch. Wolves have to pick a place to vote so it forces some action or thought.

Lynches are the way the village kill wolves but we want to give that up and hand them the kill without having to do anything before it? A no lynch is a cosy wagon to sit on. Lets not make it too easy for them.

• Advertisement

If like myself you had to vote in the next 30ish minutes would you have a strong enough suspicion of someone to vote atm?

Gun to head. You or Baggly.

You. Revenge.
    Bags. Guts. I'm trying to suss it, I wanted to take a bit of time to work through my thoughts here. But you asked so there it is

It doesn't so much matter what info we get. The point is that we get MORE info from a lynch than we get from a no lynch. Wolves have to pick a place to vote so it forces some action or thought.

Lynches are the way the village kill wolves but we want to give that up and hand them the kill without having to do anything before it? A no lynch is a cosy wagon to sit on. Lets not make it too easy for them.

You don't think then little info we get from a blind lynch is outweighed by more time later when we do have more info?

Also, present a lynch target Ecto.

You. Revenge.
    Bags. Guts. I'm trying to suss it, I wanted to take a bit of time to work through my thoughts here. But you asked so there it is

Don't think Baggly's a wolf, a wolf would jump on board no lynch but not suggest and argue for it strongly. IMO.

I'd be looking at QB who is normally against it but just happily acquiesced immediately once it was suggested.

Also is tusk suffering from frozen wolf syndrome or something?

Don't think Baggly's a wolf, a wolf would jump on board no lynch but not suggest and argue for it strongly. IMO.

I'd be looking at QB who is normally against it but just happily acquiesced immediately once it was suggested.

Which comes back to you and Bags being a tag team and Bags getting overly defensive about it.

You don't think then little info we get from a blind lynch is outweighed by more time later when we do have more info?

I don't believe we actually get anymore time. We don't postpone a mislynch we just give one up.

Also, present a lynch target Ecto.

Looking for a bandwagon? :P

I am reading and seeing what's what. When I have one you will know.

Which comes back to you and Bags being a tag team and Bags getting overly defensive about it.

Where did you get that from though? My mention of PETA? That's a strange line to push this early.

I might be on a team with Baggly, if he's a villager - which I currently lightly read him as.

But I don't know for sure either way

You. Revenge.

Don't think I have names as quick as this I could justify but fair play. If people don't vote no lynch at least we can see if people were trying to influence the lynch in different directions.

• Advertisement

Placeholder in for now anyways. tusk is hiding, what I'm not sure yet though.

No Vote is a vote for "No Lynch", which is also valid target.

So if someone is doing this they just don't vote? So no missed votes in this game? watch inactive players if so

I don't believe we actually get anymore time. We don't postpone a mislynch we just give one up.

We give the vig more wiggle room. He hits a wolf and suddenly our extra villager is very important.

Looking for a bandwagon? :P

I am reading and seeing what's what. When I have one you will know.

Not at all. But this anti no vote stuff is like Brexit. Ye are saying no on principal when noone has a decent actual plan or target.

If ye did I'd vote for them. I'm not being defensive or close minded here.

If anything looks wolfy its making sure there is a blind kill based on no info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Alright 2D has me pocketed, Necro a little too. Love me some Scampi :pac:

Can I offer you some chocolate croissants?

All Eyes On Rafah

Vale who would you lynch if there wasn't an option to No Lynch?

Actually same question to everyone.

Vale who would you lynch if there wasn't an option to No Lynch?

Actually same question to everyone.

Colonel Mustard. With the candelabra in the library.

All Eyes On Rafah

Colonel Mustard. With the candelabra in the library.

giphy.gif

In the spirit of FIFA Fair Play, I won't be lynching Babybel.

Out three games in a row would be Cruella de Vil.

I'm voting 2D.

Fifa fair play......arse!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

We give the vig more wiggle room. He hits a wolf and suddenly our extra villager is very important.

If he hits a wolf we don't need the wiggle room and doing slightly different numbers a mislynch tonight actually increases the vig's chance of an accurate hit.

Lynch tonight - No Lynch - 10 v 3

Munch - 9 v 3 N1

Mislynch - 8 v 3 (Vig chance of accurate hit 27%)

Munch and vig friendly fire - 6 v 3 N2

Mislynch - 5 v 3

Munch - 4 v 3

LYLO

Lynch tonight

Mislynch 9 v 3 D1

Munch 8 v 3 N1

Mislynch 7 v 3 D2 (Vig chance of accurate hit 30%)

Munch & vig friendly fire 5 v 3 N2

Mislynch 4 v 3

Advertisement