Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clue: A 13 player Murder Mystery game.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

quickbeam wrote: »
    Can you point us to your posts that show that, Bounty? It would help alleviate any worries that your bust up with GnR yesterday morning was staged to make the survivor look golden.

Might take me a bit on my phone but I’ll try to find it. Think it was my first post on the 2nd day (or 1st day if you’re considering our first day day 0)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Let's look at it when 2D and Sully as teammates (in orange), see if anything
    jumps out as unlikely:

Lynch 1:
    No Lynch (3) - Bounty Hunter, Loughc, tusk -> Pawwed Rig
    Ectoplasm (2) - duffman13, quickbeam
    tusk -> Pawwed Rig (2) - Green&Red, Necro
    Baggly (1) - Clarabel
    Bounty Hunter (1) - Baggly
    Green&Red (1) - sullivlo
    Deleted User (1) - TheValeyard
    sullivlo (1) - Deleted User
    TheValeyard (1) - Ectoplasm

Lynch 2:
    Clarabel (4) - Baggly, Bounty Hunter, duffman13, Necro
    Deleted User (2) - Ectoplasm, sullivlo
    Necro (2) - Clarabel, TheValeyard
    Bounty Hunter (1) - tusk -> Pawwed Rig
    Green&Red (1) - Deleted User
    sullivlo (1) - Green&Red
    tusk -> Pawwed Rig (1) - quickbeam

Lynch 3:
    TheValeyard (6) - Baggly, Bounty Hunter, Necro, quickbeam, sullivlo, tusk -> Pawwed Rig
    Bounty Hunter (2) - Deleted User, TheValeyard
    No Lynch (1) - Ectoplasm
    quickbeam (1) - Green&Red

Lynch 4:
    Green&Red (5) - Baggly, Bounty Hunter, Necro, quickbeam, sullivlo
    No Lynch (2) - Ectoplasm, Deleted User
    Bounty Hunter (1) - Green&Red[/QUOTE]

And again, with 2D and Ecto this time:

Lynch 1:
    No Lynch (3) - Bounty Hunter, Loughc, tusk -> Pawwed Rig
    Ectoplasm (2) - duffman13, quickbeam
    tusk -> Pawwed Rig (2) - Green&Red, Necro
    Baggly (1) - Clarabel
    Bounty Hunter (1) - Baggly
    Green&Red (1) - sullivlo
    Deleted User (1) - TheValeyard
    sullivlo (1) - Deleted User
    TheValeyard (1) - Ectoplasm

Lynch 2:
    Clarabel (4) - Baggly, Bounty Hunter, duffman13, Necro
    Deleted User (2) - Ectoplasm, sullivlo
    Necro (2) - Clarabel, TheValeyard
    Bounty Hunter (1) - tusk -> Pawwed Rig
    Green&Red (1) - Deleted User
    sullivlo (1) - Green&Red
    tusk -> Pawwed Rig (1) - quickbeam

Lynch 3:
    TheValeyard (6) - Baggly, Bounty Hunter, Necro, quickbeam, sullivlo, tusk -> Pawwed Rig
    Bounty Hunter (2) - Deleted User, TheValeyard
    No Lynch (1) - Ectoplasm
    quickbeam (1) - Green&Red

Lynch 4:
    Green&Red (5) - Baggly, Bounty Hunter, Necro, quickbeam, sullivlo
    No Lynch (2) - Ectoplasm, Deleted User
    Bounty Hunter (1) - Green&Red

My first thought is that wolf-Ecto voting for wolf-2D in Lynch 2 was a risky move.

Also, neither voting in Lynch 4. I know Ecto had EP. Wonder why 2D didn't vote?

I'm liking the Sully votes better. At first glance.

Can you point us to your posts that show that, Bounty? It would help alleviate any worries that your bust up with GnR yesterday morning was staged to make the survivor look golden.

I can post it by copying and pasting it from “ notes” on my phone. Can’t find it yet searching back... which is a pain on my phone.

This was it below
    ———

Voted Tusk based off nothing more than him having not been on the thread yet, then got overly defensive about how people might think he was bandwagoning after Necros Tusk vote (wolves are often more defensive than villagers like this) then later ignored the fact I had outlined (why) I’d be no voting to suggest that was dodgy and directing the FBI to look into me.

First wolf call for me is G&R (would this be his first time as a wolf)

Credit where it is due Necro outlines why Clara is suspect for sneaky shade throwing. Now throws me on an ffa list for not responding to her prod yesterday... what prod? Saying she wanted me dead for revenge reasons? I did quote and reply to it but that equals no reason related to this game so what exactly am I supposed to defend to appease her here. Seemed a very week ffa in general imo (nobody forcing her to do one so early- just before 10) I mean Ecto is there cos Clara doesn’t know why people suspect her, weird as is her then posting dances with wolves piCs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I wanna rule out you and GnR as a team tbh QB cos I just don't see him hard bussing you from day 2 onwards.

Thanks Bounty. Here it is.
    Posting early in case I’m killed first after last game. Right now I have 2 names I suspect (won’t be a no vote from me tonight if I’m about

G&R

Voted Tusk based off nothing more than him having not been on the thread yet, then got overly defensive about how people might think he was bandwagoning after Necros Tusk vote (wolves are often more defensive than villagers like this) then later ignored the fact I had outlined (why) I’d be no voting to suggest that was dodgy and directing the FBI to look into me.

First wolf call for me is G&R (would this be his first time as a wolf)

Clara:

Credit where it is due Necro outlines why Clara is suspect for sneaky shade throwing. Now throws me on an ffa list for not responding to her prod yesterday... what prod? Saying she wanted me dead for revenge reasons? I did quote and reply to it but that equals no reason related to this game so what exactly am I supposed to defend to appease her here. Seemed a very week ffa in general imo (nobody forcing her to do one so early) I mean Ecto is there cos Clara doesn’t know why people suspect her, weird as is her then posting dances with wolves pics

Now cycling home

Necro wrote: »
    I wanna rule out you and GnR as a team tbh QB cos I just don't see him hard bussing you from day 2 onwards.

I wanna too, but didn't want to be presumptuous :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The only way it isn't 2D is if somehow Baggly is a wolf.

This is not shade throwing because I don't actually believe it, but if for some unknown reason there is an FBI agent out there hiding for some crazy reason then please reveal, otherwise you are handing the game to the wolves.

And of course I don't actually believe that's the case - I'm fully behind the Baggly is legit, there's no way he isn't.

Just pointing out the only possible way 2D is not a wolf from my own perspective.

I think he's given up though tbh based off his last two posts.

• Advertisement

'The Baggly is legit'??

Ok I need to sleep.

Baggly being legit.

Although this could be a new thing, like 'The Batman.'

'The Baggly.'

Yep, definitely need sleep.

The only way it isn't 2D is if somehow Baggly is a wolf.

This is not shade throwing because I don't actually believe it, but if for some unknown reason there is an FBI agent out there hiding for some crazy reason then please reveal, otherwise you are handing the game to the wolves.

Yeah. Gotta be.

So 5 v 2
    Munch Baggy (presumably): 4 v 2
    Lynch wolf-2D: 4 v 1
    Munch someone: 3 v 1
    No lynch to increase the odds: 3 v 1
    Munch someone: 2 v 1
    Lynch - 33% chance of success

If we don't no-lynch then it's a 25% chance of success at the last lynch.

My mistake yesterday in proposing no-lynch is that it's pointless if we're pretty sure we have a wolf. It's only when there's uncertainty that it's helpful. So if we're (reasonably) certain on 2D, then we'll lynch him, and only do no-lynch for the last go to increase our chances in the last lynch to decide on last wolf.

Though I'm also aware that there's two wolves out there who would have been very happy with me excluding combos that I shouldn't have. I'd still implore all to check any that I've excluded for possible readmission in to the combos list. 2 players will not do that, if I've gone wrong, but there's still 4 others who can.

Since what looked to me to be a wolfy cfd was forming on me as I went toe to toe with Vale who I thought was a wolf I’ve had this song (with slight lyric changes) stuck in my head:

If I die before I wake
    At least in heaven/the DR they know it was a mistake
    'Cause right now on earth I can't do jack
    Without them wolves up on my back
    Now heaven would be a DJ
    Spinning spoilers all night long
    And Heaven/the BR would be just kickin' back
    With sK packing my bong
    And if you don't believe in 2D and Sulli or Ecto too
    And while the world is warring
    We'll just sit back and laugh at you
    Singing

If I die before I wake
    At least in heaven/the DR they know it was a mistake
    'Cause right now on earth I can't do jack
    Without them wolves up on my back

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

'The Baggly is legit'??

Ok I need to sleep.

Baggly being legit.

Although this could be a new thing, like 'The Batman.'

'The Baggly.'

Yep, definitely need sleep.

Wolves rn

482177.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Morning from EP. I'll be back later this evening and I'll do my best to get caught up properly at that point. I've been reading the thread but I've also been pretty much drinking for 2 days so not much handle on what is what. Signal was crappy on site yesterday so only reading back most of that now. I knew it was Lylo so I didn't put a vote in because you don't need someone randomly dropping a vote based on very little info and possibly screwing the village worse than I already have by being a passenger the last 2 days.

I said H2D was a wolf all along. I didn't spot GnR and I don't know who the 3rd is. It's not me. There's not really anything I can point to since Friday that will prove that because they are all about me just trying to keep up but look at my actions before then. They're clearly village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Night 4 report.

698578-white_puzzle.jpg

Mrs. white had been keeping a close watch on everyone and had on more than one occasion been noticed taking notes about what was being said.
    Its seems that she spooked someone who didn't wish to be spooked, as the next mornng she was found in the living room, and the library, and the conservatory, and in the billard room.
    Her head was found perched on a fruit bowl in the dining room.
    Mr Belvedere finds her phone on her beside locker and notices an email from the dna crime lab on the lock screen, subject: Colonel Mustard. He tries a few passcodes attempting to unlock it, but on the third failed attempt, the phone auto wipes.

Baggly is dead.

Day 5 begins.

I guess no surprise there.

Could be a very quiet day based on the amount of activity before sK posted.

Well, if there was any lingering doubt about The Baggly somehow being a wolf, then that clears it for sure now.

6 left. 4 required for majority lynch. 2 wolves. Half a packet of cigarettes. And I’m wearing sunglasses.

6 left. 4 required for majority lynch. 2 wolves. Half a packet of cigarettes. And I’m wearing sunglasses.

If I was at home I’d probably be posting some sort of smoker with sunglasses gif now but... I’m guessing there are no worries about majority voting today? I’ll probably be voting 2D soon enough but if people need time to try to work out wolf number 3 I don’t mind.

Be mindful wolf 3 may know that 2Ds time is numbered and hop on the 2D bus

• Advertisement

So if someone is doing this they just don't vote? So no missed votes in this game? watch inactive players if so
    Green&Red wrote: »
    BH, can you explain this? You seem to be saying here that we need to watch that inactive players are not voting but then you go and don’t vote?

It’s beyond strange, if I was the FBI guy this is where my inspection would be

Some more potential conflict between Bounty and GnR which could also lend to them not being on a team together.

Ahhhh, the two enigmas of the last game collide. BH totally hoodwinked me, wasn't on my radar at all and to this day I still scratch my head about how you (GnR) played that game. I was cracking that we lost a villager (with essentially two lives) but had no regrets voting as it was based on evidence of how you played the game rather than a hunch.

And yes Ecto, it's out of reach of my comprehension anyway.

And a comment from 2D in relation to the above exchange.

Baggly wrote: »
    I have hunches on Tusk, Clara, GNR. Dont think its all three. Just have hunches on them each individually.

Hard to read Sully, Loughc and BH so far. They are my next 3 suspicions.

Ive done some analysis this morning but i want to dive deeper into build up to the lynch.

Am i correct in saying munch happens at 9pm? Or is it 10am-ish?
    Clarabel wrote: »
    Bags why me? Why GnR?
    He names 3 names why are you only interested in an explanation of you and GnR? interestingly the only two I suspect at the moment. Do you not care why someone might suspect Tusk.

Unfortunately I would agree that the flavor implies the Vig is dead. Obviously there is no guarantee the vig would have shot wisely but it's a loss no doubt if so

Bounty calling out Clara after she called out Baggly. Only interesting (potentially) because he's asking her about why she's questioning Baggly about GnR and herself, and not Tusk. Now we know both Clara and Tusk and Baggly are good. It seems a fair question though at a time when none of this was known, though?

Fwiw I don't GnR is acting wolfy at all. I would like an answer as to why my vote on tusk (that I'd been on about all day) is wolfy though.

Is it cos of timing??

Cos

tenor.gif

Necro outright defending GnR. Potential dangerous thing for wolf-Necro to do when GnR wasn't really under pressure. Probably genuine.

Awake. Two votes on 2D since 11 and no maj for the win if we be wrong.

Niiiice.

Vote for 2D and the benefit of some amazing foresight (ie being a wolf)

Maybe I'm focussing too much on Clara but she is giving me more stuff to question atm like

This was never responded to after Clara responded to me asking why she wanted to know why Baggly suspected her and GnR but didn't want to know why Tusk (who was Baggly's third name) she said she already knew why.

Baggly too questions this and Clara again does not respond

Why are you defending another poster of being a wolf? let GnR do that for himself.
    I would think how hard i've been going after Clara & (to a lesser extent) GnR today would incriminate me in the way your suggesting. Which I assume is me sticking my neck out with my own opinions that could come back to bite me if they flip good. Cara has two votes on her atm so she could be someone who we could see being lynched (she is also my most likely vote now) so that could happen.

In that respect I suppose you are doing the same voting me based off the first 3 pages when I thought it was day 0.

Surprised you haven't gone after people who were voting you when you had not even posted yet a bit harder instead however.

A few more mentions by Bounty of GnR in relation to Clara's post.

Bounty has GnR in his FFA. More I read back the more confident I am that Bounty isn't on a wolf team with GnR.
    I'd have to go back and find that tbh but it did not register as much as maybe it could have in my read back this morning as after that I was more suspicious of Clara & GnR. You would probably be around 5th on my list atm

might as well turn my current notes into an FFA although some of it i've already posted

1. G&R

2. Clara:

Credit where it is due Necro outlines why Clara is suspect for sneaky shade throwing. Now throws me on an ffa list for not responding to her prod yesterday... what prod? Saying she wanted me dead for revenge reasons? I did quote and reply to it but that equals no reason related to this game so what exactly am I supposed to defend to appease her here. Seemed a very week ffa in general imo (nobody forcing her to do one so early) I mean Ecto is there cos Clara doesn’t know why people suspect her, weird as is her then posting dances with wolves pics

Clara then asks Baggly why he suspects her and GnR. She does not ask why he suspects Tusk. When questioned about the omission she says she already knows why Tusk is there. When someone (Duff) asks why and says his reasoning could be different to Clara's she does not respond, nor does she respond when Baggly asks her to explain why he is on his list (she said she knew afterall).

She also defends GnR (why not let him defend himself) at one point.

3.Vale/Sulli: One of these would probably be the most likely if there is a low lying Wolf. They haven't given me much to go on here though but im suspicious. If it's still the same tomorrow I doubt I will probably consider them more for a vote than just an FFA place

Already voted for Clara
    #FF2

And Necro's outright defence of GnR. It'd be super stupid of wolf-Necro to be this defensive of GnR. Unless he wants us to think that :)
    Kinda wanna veto a lynch of GnR if I'm honest, genuinely don't think he's a wolf.

Bounty pulling Necro up on his veto idea.
    Nobody has voted GnR. That said you saying you veto him would not make me not vote him if I wanted to but he is not the person I suspect the most atm

Not even Det. Joe Kenda could pick apart those 40-odd pages. If someone has picked up something out of that, fairest of ****s to ye.

I was pig-headed and too linear in the last game and it got me nowhere. Vote changed to GnR.

2D votes GnR.

You know that thing that other people do regularly that I hate in a game QB (defending players)?

Yeah, I did that. Genuinely didn't think a wolf would make such a big deal about two players in different parts of the country randomly happening to click send on a message on the very first lynch.

Now, absolutely. Then... why would wolves vote in tandem at all.

*Shrugs*

Colour me an idiot I guess :o

• Advertisement

Bounty's read on GnR:
    GnR - think the word defensive can trigger him somewhat but only 1 person voted for him iirc (same number as myself) and he should probably focus on that in stead of telling the village to cop on for FFAing him, everyone should come under scrutiny at some point and although I didn’t like him openly musing / directing the FBI on who to focus on my suspicion of him is not as high atm.

Advertisement