Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Leaguer Potatoes - Sourcing?

• 27-08-2019 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

I am looking to source a variety of potato that seems to be common for home growers to cultivate in Clare but I cannot find it for sale anywhere. They are probably the tastiest potato I have ever had!

This variety is the Land Leaguer and they are purple on the outside. Does anyone know if anywhere in Clare would stock these? I am hoping some of you lovely Clare folk would know!

"Land Leaguers/Garden Filler/Hibernia (Pre-1905, Ireland)
    Out of stock for 2013
    Continually a very popular choice, especially in Co. Clare where it was the standard first early to grow, Land Leaguers produce a violet purple-skinned oval tuber with a characteristic ring under the skin. Its floury flesh is light yellow."

Comments

Advertisement