Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do in this situation?

Options
  • 27-08-2019 9:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭

I'm renting out a room (subletting) and someone will be travelling several hours to view it but I don't think it would suit them so they probably won't get it...

Should I cancel it and not waste their time or is it worse to rule them out without meeting them?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm renting out a room (subletting) and someone will be travelling several hours to view it but I don't think it would suit them so they probably won't get it...

Should I cancel it and not waste their time or is it worse to rule them out without meeting them?

Why do you think it won’t suit them?
    Have you found someone else that you get on with? If so then I’d just tell them that the room has been filled and you were letting them know out of goodness so as to not waste their time Traveling and viewing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

kceire wrote: »
    Why do you think it won’t suit them?
    Have you found someone else that you get on with? If so then I’d just tell them that the room has been filled and you were letting them know out of goodness so as to not waste their time Traveling and viewing.

Student, female, don't think the other housemates are normal enouhg.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Chefjones

Student, female, don't think the other housemates are normal enouhg.

Let her come and judge for herself. She could be finding it very hard to find accommodation, hence her travelling to see it. Your place might be the last shot she has at finding some where. The girl could turn out to be “not normal” too! Never judge a book and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Chefjones wrote: »
    Let her come and judge for herself. She could be finding it very hard to find accommodation, hence her travelling to see it. Your place might be the last shot she has at finding some where. The girl could turn out to be “not normal” too! Never judge a book and all!

I think the OP doesnt like the sound of her, not the other way around.

If you've made up your mind, then don't waste her time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,520 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Be honest with her but invite her to check for herself. Don’t say anything that could defam existing tenants

• Advertisement
Advertisement