Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these charges related to a purchase from a Japanese website?

Options
  • 27-08-2019 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,

I've ordered 2 items from a Japanese website (one cost €12.11, the other €18.83) which combined cost €30.94 (I selected euros as my currency before purchasing). With shipping at €10.09, the entire purchase came to €41.03. 

I paid using PayPal, and the money was debited from my account on the 23rd August (showing as 'PayPal Europ SEPA DD' on my statement.

However, on the 26th I had these 4 debits:

NEPOSCHGGBP 000000.18
    NEPOSCHGGBP 000000.18
    P2408GB 0007.99@1.106
    P2308LU 0007.99@1.106

The first two are 18 cents each and, as I understand it, indicate payments made in a foreign currency. The second two are €8.84 each. Are these import duties? If so, why would I have been charged twice?

Thanks for any insight!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Merry Prankster,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

As we don't have account access here I wouldn't be able to confirm where the payments have taken place.
    However, the two payments for 18c seem to be cross border fees for using the card outside of the Eurozone.

The other two payments look like they took place on the 24th and 23rd of August in a foreign currency. To confirm the origin of the payments then it would be necessary to link in with our customer service team either by phone on 0818 365 365 or by sending a secure message on your 365 online (on a laptop/computer). The secure message can be found by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to confirm these with you.

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

That's great, thank you Aisling!

Advertisement