Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collection

Options
  • 28-08-2019 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Does anyone know if a bin collection company will take my general rubbish bin and my recycling bin in one lift? I live in a shared accommodation and the recycling bin is currently contaminated so would like two lifts for general waste. we need to get all bins removed to get Our deposit back from the end of the tenancy and I am at a loose end as to what to do with the bins!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Who's your current collection company? They'd be my first port of call.

Otherwise you could hire a GoCar van and just bring both bins to the dump in Ballymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 REDSOCKS22

Del2005 wrote: »
    Who's your current collection company? They'd be my first port of call.

Otherwise you could hire a GoCar van and just bring both bins to the dump in Ballymount.

Thanks for that perhaps an option too! It’s Thornton’s I will call them in the morning I just thought some user might have an idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

REDSOCKS22 wrote: »
    Thanks for that perhaps an option too! It’s Thornton’s I will call them in the morning I just thought some user might have an idea!

I doubt a bin company will pick up a competitors bin. If Thornton's won't pick up and you don't want to hire a van you can grab a skip bag in some hardware stores, fill it with the rubbish and they'll collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 REDSOCKS22

Del2005 wrote: »
    I doubt a bin company will pick up a competitors bin. If Thornton's won't pick up and you don't want to hire a van you can grab a skip bag in some hardware stores, fill it with the rubbish and they'll collect it.

No I hadn’t even thought of trying to do that! They are both Thornton’s bins I wanted the recycling and general waste collected together! The skip bag is an option too.

Advertisement