Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No claims discount

Options
  • 28-08-2019 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I have recently purchased a policy for my vehicle. I have provided all the requested documents and, despite my no claim cert was not updated as it was showing a still active policy with my italian insurance company, I have advised that the policy was cancelled and this could have been verified directly with the other company. I have also advised to contact me whether any difficulty in getting a response from the italian company was found.
    I have received an email on 19th of August saying that my no claim discount was not applicable due to the policy being still active and today a letter (dated 22nd of August) saying that the discount has been removed and a payment of €900 is due on the 10th of September.
    Considering that it usually takes 7 working days to revise a direct debit, that my italian policy has been cancelled and Liberty Insurance has not waited for a confirmation from the other company before removing the discount and that I've not been advised of this with enough notice, as I only have probably 2 working days to sort everything out, this puts my in a very difficult situation. To me it seems that Liberty Insurance didn't bother to confirm this before increasing the premium.
    I'm happy to provide all the info via PM but I kindly request that the discount is reapplied at least for the time it takes for the other company to respond to my email.

Regards

Giovanni

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi,
    I have recently purchased a policy for my vehicle. I have provided all the requested documents and, despite my no claim cert was not updated as it was showing a still active policy with my italian insurance company, I have advised that the policy was cancelled and this could have been verified directly with the other company. I have also advised to contact me whether any difficulty in getting a response from the italian company was found.
    I have received an email on 19th of August saying that my no claim discount was not applicable due to the policy being still active and today a letter (dated 22nd of August) saying that the discount has been removed and a payment of €900 is due on the 10th of September.
    Considering that it usually takes 7 working days to revise a direct debit, that my italian policy has been cancelled and Liberty Insurance has not waited for a confirmation from the other company before removing the discount and that I've not been advised of this with enough notice, as I only have probably 2 working days to sort everything out, this puts my in a very difficult situation. To me it seems that Liberty Insurance didn't bother to confirm this before increasing the premium.
    I'm happy to provide all the info via PM but I kindly request that the discount is reapplied at least for the time it takes for the other company to respond to my email.

Regards

Giovanni
    Hi Giovanni 

Can you message me with the policy reference and we will look into this.

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gvalente787

Hi Giovanni 

Can you message me with the policy reference and we will look into this.

Seán

Hi Sean,

I’ve PMd you. Anyway, just to update you, the insurance company have sent an email just now to Liberty with the No Claims certificate. Much sooner than expected.
    If you can please take a look at the inbox when you have the chance.

Regards

Giovanni

Advertisement