Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre for Tourists

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

mariaalice wrote: »
    Nonsence, Drug culture is everywhere in Ireland.

While I think decriminislation is the way to go, there should be randond drug testing in work situtions shaping a culture of weekend recetional use not daily use.

but, it's none of your business at all....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Lol you've really got a thing against Dublin, I saw your posts about Dublin GAA. If they win on Dublin you can have a good rant about funding, splitting the county in 2, home games etc.
    What part of Ireland are you from?
    Cavan. A far superior place to Dublin in almost every aspect. Very little crime, manners put on the thugs very quickly. Family oriented place where children are brought up properly and taught to respect their elders.

Not like Dublin where heroin addicts neglect their children and single mothers spend their days roaming around in pyjamas. The Dubs and foreigners I know who moved here think it is paradise compared to the depraved hellhole that is Dublin.

Edgware wrote: »
    Comparing Dublin with London is ridiculous.
    Dublin is a ****hole full of junkies and dirtbags

and london is a sh!t hole full of stabbings and moped muggings and irish people who think they're in new york "living".. hahaha it's ridiculous

the world is a kip. why give out about it, just get on with your life

Cavan. A far superior place to Dublin in almost every aspect. Very little crime, manners put on the thugs very quickly. Family oriented place where children are brought up properly and taught to respect their elders.

Not like Dublin where heroin addicts neglect their children and single mothers spend their days roaming around in pyjamas. The Dubs and foreigners I know who moved here think it is paradise compared to the depraved hellhole that is Dublin.

hahahah this cant be real?

CAVAN!? HAHAHAHAHHAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Random drug testing in every job or what? Yikes.

Haven't fighure out the details yet, but when I get to be dictator of Ireland ( benign of course ) I will fill in the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

jimgoose wrote: »
    Dublin is alright - lot of heroin about in the open, but I wouldn't say it's significantly worse than most major cities. Do you know what really gets on my nerves? Do you?? This applies to all cities and towns in Ireland, and it is the way that as soon as a public restroom is commissioned, it is rendered unusable and out-of-bounds by the usual dysfunctional yahoos. Why do we put up with this? Why are these reprobates not beaten half to death with steel-cored batons by the Gardai? This sort of horseshit doesn't seem to happen on the Continent.

The Gardai don't have the time or funding to deal with them.

If they are sitting around not causing any direct trouble then they are very far down on the list of priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

the good people of the countryside?

hahaha fvck off. too blind too see that it is the sheer amount of thick ignorant hang-sangwich munchin gaa boi's up ruining the place.
    GO HOME.

i wouldnt set foot in the country - you'd be hacked up liek something out of texas chainsaw. hicks just waiting to pounce on the jackeens.
    the world is a kip. why give out about it, just get on with your life

:rolleyes:

CAVAN!? HAHAHAHAHHAAA

Never been outside The Pale, have ya, D? Or is it just the odd trip down to Portlaoise to see your mate Deco who "rents a room" in the big stone building down there.

CAVAN!? HAHAHAHAHHAAA
    I suppose for a drug user such as yourself Dublin is probably a better option. The one good thing about Dublin is it tends to keep most of the degenerates and druggies in one place and they don't spoil the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,225 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

London has plenty of problems. The part I lived in there were stabbings almost weekly, and lunatics everywhere, and drug dealers used to hand out business cards on my walk home sometimes (which was handy tbh).
    But yes no comparing the two, London is a megacity.

Cavan

I know some lovely people from there. I prefer cities though. Driving through Cavan it just seemed to be some kind of competition to see who could have the ugliest mansion perched on those weird little hills you have everywhere. Totally reliant on cars too. Good fishing there though, my Dad used to bring me when I was a kid.

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    Was only in Riga and Tallinn. Capitals of countries Irish people probably think are **** holes and no junkie or roma gypsy in sight, no crime and brilliant tram service with plenty of pedestrian streets.
    Live in Dublin all my life and its really disappointing to see how ugly our city is compared to almost every other European capital
    Riga and Tallinn two beautiful cities. You won't see Roma Gypsy gangs and criminals there because they wouldn't tolerate them. Roma are criminal predators, Dublin is easy pickings for them.
    About 5,00 of them in Ireland, absolute menace to society.

Riga and Tallinn two beautiful cities. You won't see Roma Gypsy gangs and criminals there because they wouldn't tolerate them. Roma are criminal predators, Dublin is easy pickings for them.
    About 5,00 of them in Ireland, absolute menace to society.

Seriously Tallinn and Riga may be beautiful in the old towns but it's blocks of Stalinist flats once you get outside, and the centres are boring af outside of a few tourist bars.
    I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder about Dublin, it has its problems, but it has a lot going for it for a small city, and is very busy and buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

I've been in both. Absolutely f*ck all going on in either of them. Mono cultural backwaters. And the sea freezes in winter ffs. Give me Dublin any day.

Not talking about the weather and culture, Irish are great craic! Infrastructure and overall aesthetic of Dublin is poor compared to other European cities. The people are not friendly in Latvia and Estonia but it's down to very harsh recent history with Soviet union but at the same time their not shooting up heroin and pissing in the streets

Speaking of Roma Gypsy criminals, their latest activities in Dublin :

https://twitter.com/JuanyKeville/status/1165773174061092865

This is what tourists and others are treated to in Dublin on a regular basis. Will they be deported? No chance. Will they be arrested ? No hope. They will probably head back to their tax payer funded apartment in Rathmines. Gardai nowhere to be seen. Lawlessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Seriously Tallinn and Riga may be beautiful in the old towns but it's blocks of Stalinist flats once you get outside, and the centres are boring af outside of a few tourist bars.
    I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder about Dublin, it has its problems, but it has a lot going for it for a small city, and is very busy and buzzing.

Ok what difference is it with tourists coming to dublin? If I'm going to Riga I'm staying in the centre. Tourists are not hopping on trams to visit tallaght for the day their memory of Dublin is the city center with poor transport and nowhere to walk without bumping into junkies and alcos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Greyfox

hahaha tallaght is a kip, like most of the southside.
    funnily enough, it seems to be a place where a lot of culchies end up moving to BECAUSE it's southside, and they can't fathom that anywhere that side of the liffey could be rough.

i know a culchie who bought a house in drimnagh - purely because it was southside and they thought it was posh. hahahaha ignorance at it's finest.

go home.

Parts of Tallaght are a kip but overall almost everywhere on the sounthside is lovely, youve clearly never been there. The nice places like Sandymount and Renelagh are amazing places to live

I found it much safer, cleaner and nicer than London. Dublin is a lovely city with a junkie problem in the city centre, the rest of the county is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Cavan. A far superior place to Dublin in almost every aspect.

Hahaha, Cavan is a nice place to drive past but with Dublin you have a city with a million things to do in it

I suppose for a drug user such as yourself Dublin is probably a better option. The one good thing about Dublin is it tends to keep most of the degenerates and druggies in one place and they don't spoil the rest of the country.

most of the junkies begging that i encounter in dublin ARE culchies.
    you sent them up to us. they come looking for change for "de bus howem boi".

you can usually tell from their physical appearance too. at least the dublin ones have the latest fashions on, not some cheap "maura's fashions" from the "main street" of whatever hell hole "town" they came from.

it's country peoples fault that dublin is a kip, yet they have the gall to give out about it. go away

:rolleyes:

Never been outside The Pale, have ya, D? Or is it just the odd trip down to Portlaoise to see your mate Deco who "rents a room" in the big stone building down there.

yeah that's right. although completely wrong. i'm barely in the country, let alone dublin. i'm out of ireland most of the year.
    but you carry on your tiny-minded assumptions from behind that bale of hay

yeah that's right. although completely wrong. i'm barely in the country, let alone dublin. i'm out of ireland most of the year.
    but you carry on your tiny-minded assumptions from behind that bale of hay

Least you freely admit you couldn't have a notion what you're talking about, fair play.

• Advertisement

Least you freely admit you couldn't have a notion what you're talking about, fair play.

"fair play" "Yahoo" "hon tipp" - the cries and shrieks of a mongo culchie.

anyway, you couldnt be further from wrong, with your weird pride in your style of writing... i live in the city centre when i'm here, so i know exactly what i'm talking about.

where do you live? in a rented bedsit on the so-called "lovely" southside?
    crumlin?
    Drimnagh?
    Tallaght?
    Clondalkin?

which sh!t hole do you live in?

why do you think you're so wise and right about things that dont concern you ? you're surely a culchie blow-in no?

go back to your hut in the bog please.

yahoo! YeeeoW! etc.... "Hon Deebles!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

most of the junkies begging that i encounter in dublin ARE culchies.
    you sent them up to us. they come looking for change for "de bus howem boi".

you can usually tell from their physical appearance too. at least the dublin ones have the latest fashions on, not some cheap "maura's fashions" from the "main street" of whatever hell hole "town" they came from.

it's country peoples fault that dublin is a kip, yet they have the gall to give out about it. go away

I’m not convinced. Junkies have Dublin accents as far as I can hear.

Would you prefer if I said things like "aaaaaahhhh here", "stooooory bud" or "where's me free house ya bleedin' pox-bottle". Would that make you feel more at home?
    anyway, you couldnt be further from wrong, with your weird pride in your style of writing...

Its called education, D. Its what we did instead of getting syringe-avoidance classes or learning how many stolen phones it takes to buy a wrap of black tar.
    crumlin?
    Drimnagh?
    Tallaght?
    Clondalkin?

I daren't reveal my location in case you send some Kinahan ruffians to "sort me out", you seem like that type. The true blue type. Rest assured, it is not some city centre shoebox with a combined shower/toilet unit. Disgusting.
    why do you think you're so wise and right about things that dont concern you ? you're surely a culchie blow-in no?

Experience. I had the misfortune of working and living in your city for many years. Now, when I visit, I take care not to stay any longer than necessary.

I’m not convinced. Junkies have Dublin accents as far as I can hear.

nah, sorry mate, they dont. there are a lot of dublin ones, but the troublesome begging variety around bus aras, and connolly and heuston are ALL culchies. every time. "money for deh bus home boi" is all you every hear out of this lot.

they are well rougher than the dublin ones, probably cos they're more desperate, out of their own village and up in the big smoke begging for change. at least the dublin ones have a bit more class and tact.

what is it about culchies trying to slam dublin all the time?
    why would you live here, if you hated it so much? "jobs" isnt a valid reason. you could have emigrated. is it because you secretly dont have any problem with it, and really it's just a chip on their shoulder/ jealous they werent born a dub?

hahaha i feel sorry for those type of closed-minded country individuals who have this fvcked up mentality. they need help.

Would you prefer if I said things like "aaaaaahhhh here", "stooooory bud" or "where's me free house ya bleedin' pox-bottle". Would that make you feel more at home?

Its called education, D. Its what we did instead of getting syringe-avoidance classes or learning how many stolen phones it takes to buy a wrap of black tar.

I daren't reveal my location in case you send some Kinahan ruffians to "sort me out", you seem like that type. The true blue type. Rest assured, it is not some city centre shoebox with a combined shower/toilet unit. Disgusting.

Experience. I had the misfortune of working and living in your city for many years. Now, when I visit, I take care not to stay any longer than necessary.

hahaha you still have it so wrong, yet you have revealed all of your prejudices in one go. nicely done.

why dont you try and open up your tiny little squinted angry culchie eyes to whats ACTUALLY going on around you.

for what it's worth, i have a 3 bedroom penthouse in the docklands, nowhere near your neck of the woods, so you can live in fear of something else.

you have an education? in what? being a horrible sh!t-opinionated culchie with big shoulders, wobbly farmers walk and a terrible attitude?

you think you are better than dubs due to the size of their houses? you could buy a huge 6 bedroom house in the country for the same amount it would cost to buy a one bed town-house in dublin. that to me says it all. nobody in their right mind would go anywhere near the countryside to live. it's a dump. roaming burglars, the smell of sh!te everywhere you go. empty towns with nothing in them, your own variety of scvmbags - who are way rougher than dublin scvm. the list goes on. closed-minds, bad attitudes and everyone giving out about "dirty dublin" with accents like they're chewing on wasps, waving little gaa flags with a breakfast roll under their fat arms...

you go away now deebles. go back to your sh!t stinking country hay-barn house and stay there. you can judge everybody from there, in the safety of the knowledge that all the scvm are up in dublin begging instead of in the towns they came from.

anyway, i'm done talking to you now. you cant argue with stupid, so i'm giving up here, as that is what i'm doing by replying to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

The only accent I ever heard from the walking zombies was a Dublin one. Dublin city itself is fast becoming a kip.

The only accent I ever heard from the walking zombies was a Dublin one. Dublin city itself is fast becoming a kip.

so leave it then. go emigrate to Australia or Canada like the rest of the dirt from the country side.

hahaha you still have it so wrong, yet you have revealed all of your prejudices in one go. nicely done.

Sorry, is that not what we were doing in this thread? I just took your lead. Everyone else was having a sane conversation so I just decided to keep you company in the oddball corner.
    closed-minds, bad attitudes and everyone giving out

:D

male-chef-kissing-fingers-against-260nw-163285244.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

anyway, you couldnt be further from wrong, with your weird pride in your style of writing... i live in the city centre when i'm here, so i know exactly what i'm talking about.

crumlin?
    Drimnagh?
    Tallaght?
    Clondalkin?

go back to your hut in the bog please.

Why dont you shut up, you tart?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

crumlin?
    Drimnagh?
    Tallaght?
    Clondalkin?

Hang on there boss
    Tallaght and Clondalkin are NOT kips.

Both are huge area's with a large population.

I can think of 5 estates in Tallaght that are ****eholes and 3 maybe 4 in Clondalkin. I'll even name you them if you wish

Drimnagh and Crumlin, you are way off the mark. Lovely fine area's with the odd bad egg like anywhere else in Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement