Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre for Tourists

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Why do so many people from outside Dublin (culchies) come up here, fill up the streets, culchie beggars/junkies hanging around bus aras/connolly begging for their change to "get home", visitors, all foreign etc...

it is the people not from dublin that are wrecking the place.

it's always funny and ironic that it's culchies who give out abotu dublin the most - when most of them are from the middle of nowhere and up contributing to the mess in dublin anyway. if you hate it so much, fvck off back to the bog where you came from,.
    it's only illegal here because of thick ignorant terrified of their own shadow culchies.
    hahaha tallaght is a kip, like most of the southside.
    funnily enough, it seems to be a place where a lot of culchies end up moving to BECAUSE it's southside, and they can't fathom that anywhere that side of the liffey could be rough.
    i know a culchie who bought a house in drimnagh - purely because it was southside and they thought it was posh. hahahaha ignorance at it's finest.
    go home.
    most of the junkies begging that i encounter in dublin ARE culchies.
    you sent them up to us. they come looking for change for "de bus howem boi".

you can usually tell from their physical appearance too. at least the dublin ones have the latest fashions on, not some cheap "maura's fashions" from the "main street" of whatever hell hole "town" they came from.
    "fair play" "Yahoo" "hon tipp" - the cries and shrieks of a mongo culchie.

why do you think you're so wise and right about things that dont concern you ? you're surely a culchie blow-in no?

go back to your hut in the bog please.

yahoo! YeeeoW! etc.... "Hon Deebles!"
    nah, sorry mate, they dont. there are a lot of dublin ones, but the troublesome begging variety around bus aras, and connolly and heuston are ALL culchies. every time. "money for deh bus home boi" is all you every hear out of this lot.

what is it about culchies trying to slam dublin all the time?
    why would you live here, if you hated it so much? "jobs" isnt a valid reason. you could have emigrated. is it because you secretly dont have any problem with it, and really it's just a chip on their shoulder/ jealous they werent born a dub?
    hahaha you still have it so wrong, yet you have revealed all of your prejudices in one go. nicely done.

why dont you try and open up your tiny little squinted angry culchie eyes to whats ACTUALLY going on around you.

for what it's worth, i have a 3 bedroom penthouse in the docklands, nowhere near your neck of the woods, so you can live in fear of something else.

you have an education? in what? being a horrible sh!t-opinionated culchie with big shoulders, wobbly farmers walk and a terrible attitude?

you think you are better than dubs due to the size of their houses? you could buy a huge 6 bedroom house in the country for the same amount it would cost to buy a one bed town-house in dublin. that to me says it all. nobody in their right mind would go anywhere near the countryside to live. it's a dump.

Did it ever occur to you that if you didn't call people culchies then maybe less of them would call Dublin a kip.

As for your counterparts here, I have no problem criticising (constructively) aspects of a town or city but I have little time for people that use blanket labels like kip or dump, things are always a lot more nuanced than they appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Vita nova wrote: »
    Did it ever occur to you that if you didn't call people culchies then maybe less of them would call Dublin a kip.

As for your counterparts here, I have no problem criticising (constructively) aspects of a town or city but I have little time for people that use blanket labels like kip or dump, things are always a lot more nuanced than they appear.

nah, i'm happy to call it as i see it.
    some parts of dublin are rough of course. nobody is denying that.
    i just find it bizarre that there is always a huge number of bog-trotters ready to annihilate dublin at the first opportunity.

without it, they'd still be at home with no job and on the dole, wishing and longing to be in the city they seem to have such little time for.

what is that?

a giant chip on their broad large shoulders.

if bog-yokes didnt want such abuse then maybe they should keep their big mouths shut in the first place, or just not be here clogging up our streets and giving off horrible vibes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Why dont you shut up, you tart?

hahaha i found this amusing, because i do enjoy the insult "tart"

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Vita nova wrote: »

It did not. Sad thing is, I think the rants might even be sincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,225 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

You do hear the odd non Dub junkie alright, but yes the vast majority are Dubbers. I've even seen/heard Eastern Euro ones.
    Heroin isn't exclusive to Dub anyway, my friend from Portlaoise was driving past an estate down there a while back and showed me an estate that he said was full of the stuff for years. I guess it's a problem countrywide just Dublin has most of it's fanbase here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

It did not. Sad thing is, I think the rants might even be sincere.

I always find it funny if a Dub gives out about the ''culchies'' especially when the vast majority of Dubs have parents or grandparents from outside Dublin.

In any case, that is taking the thread off track. Dublin City really does need to clean up its act.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Thread being moved to Dublin City forum.

Read the forum charter there, as the rules of that forum will apply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement