Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of billing period

Options
  • 28-08-2019 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
    Is it possible with Electric Ireland to change my billing period.
    Currently my bill is issues on the 8th, consequently the direct debit is the 22nd.

I would like to change my billing period so that the direct debit is after the 1st of the billing month.
    Is this possible?
    Thanks,
    Tony 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi b4ss,

Thanks for getting in touch.

An Electric Ireland bill is issued after ESB Networks/Gas Networks Ireland read the meter or calculate an estimate (for customers of Electric Ireland and other billing companies). As it is on ESB Networks'/Gas Networks Ireland's schedule, we have no way of changing it in advance.

You can have the due date changed on an individual bill by bill basis though, if you contact us here on Boards immediately upon receipt of each bill. If you like, include a meter-reading if the bill is estimated and there is a significant enough difference. It is important to contact us immediately if you can, in order to give the bank enough notice about the changed direct debit due date.

Just send us a private message each time you wish, with the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number, and stating that you are the account-holder. We are available here on Boards and our other social media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 13 b4ss

Hi b4ss,

Thanks for getting in touch.

An Electric Ireland bill is issued after ESB Networks/Gas Networks Ireland read the meter or calculate an estimate (for customers of Electric Ireland and other billing companies). As it is on ESB Networks'/Gas Networks Ireland's schedule, we have no way of changing it in advance.

You can have the due date changed on an individual bill by bill basis though, if you contact us here on Boards immediately upon receipt of each bill. If you like, include a meter-reading if the bill is estimated and there is a significant enough difference. It is important to contact us immediately if you can, in order to give the bank enough notice about the changed direct debit due date.

Just send us a private message each time you wish, with the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number, and stating that you are the account-holder. We are available here on Boards and our other social media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Kind regards,
    Una
    Thanks for the detailed explanation and work around solution.
    Tony

Advertisement