Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Chappelle triggers the Woke Left..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Didn't like people laughing as soon as he mentioned Anthony Bourdains suicide, what was his point though, comparing Anthony Bourdains life to his friend? I didn't get that joke anyone one explain? I'm a big fan of Dave Chapelle by the way.

I just took, don't judge peoples lives from the exterior.

MOR316 wrote: »
    I never said it wasn't. In fact, I said it was wrong.

What's your point?

I was agreeing with you, that what went on was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

Thanks op for posting. I really enjoyed the Dave chapelleb special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Didn't like people laughing as soon as he mentioned Anthony Bourdains suicide, what was his point though, comparing Anthony Bourdains life to his friend? I didn't get that joke anyone one explain? I'm a big fan of Dave Chapelle by the way.

Did find that odd although I got his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I was agreeing with you, that what went on was wrong

Oh yeah absolutely.

Great that he was doing what he did from a humanitarian point of view. I genuinely do find that quite inspiring if I'm honest but, it's morally, ethically wrong to have sleepovers like that, regardless of the circumstances.

As I said though, it probably was as innocent as the vast majority of those kids tell us/the media. Maybe it wasn't. I don't know and I'm definitely not going to speculate on something that I have no knowledge on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

I just took, don't judge peoples lives from the exterior.
    Fair enough everyone's got sh*t going on, it just came across as saying my friend worked in Footlocker what's your excuse Anthony Bourdain.

MOR316 wrote: »
    Oh yeah absolutely.

Great that he was doing what he did from a humanitarian point of view. I genuinely do find that quite inspiring if I'm honest but, it's morally, ethically wrong to have sleepovers like that, regardless of the circumstances.

Yep. A lot of children put in comprising positions. A lot of bad decisions by all the adults involved.

Fair enough everyone's got sh*t going on, it just came across as saying my friend worked in Footlocker what's your excuse Anthony Bourdain.

Ah I get you! I didn't think of it that way. Very harsh if taken that way :)

Ah I get you! I didn't think of it that way. Very harsh if taken that way :)
    So that wasnt what he meant?

So that wasnt what he meant?

I think not. Just a - we don't see what's going on in the inside when we look at some one like Bourdain.

• Advertisement

I think not. Just a - we don't see what's going on in the inside when we look at some one like Bourdain.
    Sad that hes gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You are censoring people right there. You are taking away an individuals right to not like something by inferring they are merely part of a mob.

How in the hell could merely referring to a group in a disparaging way qualify as censoring them and taking away their individual rights??

What are you smoking.

I disagree with those sanctimonious and highly disingenuous upstarts... but I never suggested they should be censored.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not sure why we got onto Greta but these attacks are childish. And climate change is real.

Because she's a false prophet. If you think Government really cares about the environment they'd give us a week off and shut down factorys and ban cruise ships, no instead the solution to climate change is more taxes on the ordinary working person. Know when your being sold a pup and she's the face of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Because she's a false prophet. If you think Government really cares about the environment they'd give us a week off and shut down factorys and ban cruise ships, no instead the solution to climate change is more taxes on the ordinary working person. Know when your being sold a pup and she's the face of it.

In fairness, you seem more like you've been troggered than any left wing posters in the thread. Are you okay, has the sixteeen year old upset you a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

batgoat wrote:
    In fairness, you seem more like you've been troggered than any left wing posters in the thread. Are you okay, has the sixteeen year old upset you a lot?

Seeing an autistic child used as a puppet does upset me.

I'm such a triggered little monster amnt I?

Ironicname wrote: »

Erm Drunkmonkey posted this a few posts back so he's definitely not concerned about her well-being. ;)
    Greta outrages me just by looking at her, reminds me of some evil kid from a movie. What an evil head on her.

batgoat wrote: »

I just don't appreciate being lecturerd to by a 16yr old from a €4 million racing yacht. The hypocrisy is strong in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I dint think she’s argued for any particular solution.

That said carbon taxes aren’t the way to solve this.

Someone needs to clarify the Autism as it's a bloody wide spectrum, she was diagnosed with OCD and selective mutusim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I saw Dave Chapelle live about 15 years ago. He was hilarious then, had the entire place in stitches the whole set. I never laughed so much in my life.

I might have laughed once at the new special.

He didn't 'nail' anything, in fact I think he totally missed the mark. Anyone who doesn't believe that MJ abused boys is a moron. They were able to describe exactly what his genital area looked like to investigators, how his pubic hair was trimmed etc. He only ever had boys in his bed not girls.

But I don't really even care about that, it just wasn't funny, especially compared to his older stuff. The part where he quotes this trans lady who supposedly was supporting him sounded so made up, like he was gassing himself up and trying to make a point but putting it in the guise of a member of the trans community saying it. It smelled of BS and was really just self aggrandizing.

And for God sake, enough with the slap the mic on your knee-step back-laugh move after every other joke!

I think Dave is a bit washed up at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

batgoat wrote:
    Erm Drunkmonkey posted this a few posts back so he's definitely not concerned about her well-being.

He doesn't like her face and says that he reminds him of a kid from a horror film. It's his opinion. Fair enough

Then came the usual "oh a grown man insulting an autistic child" comments as if he shouldn't say anything bad about her because she is a child and autistic.

People would be well to remember that when they are hailing her message.

I tend not to take advice from kids, never mind autistic ones. And especially when the message she is being delayed through her, not by her.

That fact is more sinister than saying she looks like a stereotypical kid from a horror film.

Anyway, I though Dave Chapelles special was very funny

I won't mention her again, she gives me road rage.

He doesn't like her face and says that he reminds him of a kid from a horror film. It's his opinion. Fair enough

Then came the usual "oh a grown man insulting an autistic child" comments as if he shouldn't say anything bad about her because she is a child and autistic.

People would be well to remember that when they are hailing her message.

I tend not to take advice from kids, never mind autistic ones. And especially when the message she is being delayed through her, not by her.

That fact is more sinister than saying she looks like a stereotypical kid from a horror film.

Anyway, I though Dave Chapelles special was very funny
    Ya, I think you've lost your feigned moral high ground....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

That's totally understandable. See? It can be done without having a go at the kid herself.

Nobody said that.

Then came the usual "oh a grown man insulting an autistic child" comments as if he shouldn't say anything bad about her because she is a child and autistic
    It's obviously sh1t to have a go at how she looks. And it's also irrelevant. But where is anyone saying it's out of order to disagree with the way she's being puppeted and hyped? I certainly disagree with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

His newest special is definitely the weakest of his work (at least in my opinion and according to my own taste, others might have enjoyed it just as much). But Chappelle is still as funny as ever if his recent show in Dublin is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I think Dave is a bit washed up at this point.

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

tenor.gif

Assemble your crew, I'll be outside

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Assemble your crew, I'll be outside

Game....blouses.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Game....blouses.
    why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake minatonka

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake minatonka

source.gif

Advertisement