Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Chappelle triggers the Woke Left..

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You and your crew of flunkies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Danzy wrote: »
    Having the modern Left be outraged at one is hardly an achievement.

Like a Priest in the 50s screaming that one was going to go to hell.

That's the funny part, right wingers trying to say all the outrage is from the left you just gave a right winger as an example. They haven't gone away you know. Just more brainwashing dividing people and ordinary people blaming other ordinary people while the real ringleaders laugh their arses off.

source.gif

I watched it last night. When he started singing Prince I was all fit to be outraged, but he didn't go there so I stopped short of telling the internet ;)
    I thought the Michael Jackson stuff was funny. The Louis CK stuff didn't tell the full story, kinda glossed over it and wasn't funny. Some of his stuff fell flat and I think that's the real problem. You can get away with saying things if it's funny. Just my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I've yet to see anyone he remotely outraged at Chapelle in the thread. Op thought he was going to get a rise out of somebody but failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The Louis CK stuff didn't tell the full story, kinda glossed over it and wasn't funny.

Yeah the Kevin Hart stuff wasn't accurate either. So the joke fell a bit flat for me there too - but he moved quick and did a good job over all - I'll never understand how comedians get up and do an hour and keep an audience engaged and laughing. Some talent the ones who manage it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

batgoat wrote:
    Ya, I think you've lost your feigned moral high ground....

You're entitled to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is there a better stand up comic on the planet?

Chris Rock IMO.

Chris Rock IMO.

All subjective of course - but Burr is the current one for me - attending the show wise, I nearly die laughing every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,228 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Frankie Boyle wipes the floor with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Stewart Lee. Now there's a comedian who knows how to trigger the easily-triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Subjective to taste, like any art.

It's why we love it. Music, Theatre, Performances, Comedy, Paintings, Poetry. All glorious.

In my humble opinion, I believe we should appreciate these things while we're alive, instead of getting offended over anything. Separate that crap.

Tony EH wrote:
    Frankie Boyle wipes the floor with him.
    Used to be. I think he sold his soul for telly time after the "tramadol nights" fiasco
    Stewart Lee. Now there's a comedian who knows how to trigger the easily-triggered.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fat zombie

What is happening is the inevitable conclusion to Woke Left politics, the race to see who can be the most Woke.
    They are now turning on each other more and more frequently, as someone who's politics span the spectrum depending on policy it is great fun to watch.
    LGBT has now evolved to LGBTWTF
    TERFS have sprung from nowhere to battle transexuals
    Gays have been supplanted by Muslims in the oppression Olympics.
    The same Muslims who's religion edicts death to gays.
    Immigrants have more rights in a country than native born
    On and on it goes, its really gas if you take a good look at whats happening, its no wonder that the left political world were all road end with communism has alway been a abject failure wherever it has taken root.

fat zombie wrote: »
    Immigrants have more rights in a country than native born

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Watched it. Thought it was great. Certainly one of the best stand-ups I've watched recently. Not everything hit the mark but a solid 8.5 from me. Not as good as Killing Them Softly or For What Its Worth but definitely worth watching.
    In relation to the heat he's getting for the content of his set, I think its great he was brave enough to do it. Other stand-ups wouldn't do any bits on LGBT / MeToo etc (and even his own audience) and it has usually been comedians that push the bounderies of what is acceptable to say / who it is acceptable to say it about in society.
    Well done Dave Chappelle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Apparently Bill Burr's new one is similar in not pandering to the eternally offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Doc07

One of the best ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Watched it a bit last night. Not funny at all. The best part of it is the trailer voiced by Morgan Freeman. Don’t think jokes about child sexual abuse are funny, or even appropriate.

screamer wrote:
    Watched it a bit last night. Not funny at all. The best part of it is the trailer voiced by Morgan Freeman. Don’t think jokes about child sexual abuse are funny, or even appropriate.

What is appropriate in your opinion? Why are they not appropriate?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    How do you mean?

How many irish are homeless tonight?
    Arrive in Ireland as a illegal immigrant, straight into accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Apparently Bill Burr's new one is similar in not pandering to the eternally offended.

Always was, always will be. You can count on Bill.

Watched the new Chappelle finally last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, probably around the same as his last 2 Netflix specials. I've been more offended listening to chart music tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Underground

screamer wrote: »

They're wholly inappropriate, that's part of why they're funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Obviously

The good news is it's not your decision what's funny or not

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Saw him in Belfast last year and after the first groan from the crowd he chirps "ooooooh bit of a divided audience here tonight? It wasn't like this in Derry last night "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Chappelle is funny :D
    Probably not as funny as he once was years ago however still good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Iv found chappelle tries to make sense of situations in a funny way. Christ the trailer told people you were goin to be offended so don't watch. Like the michael Jackson yoke the two lads were laughed out of court but nowadays public opinion is more important than winning in court.

Advertisement