If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambridge Audio TV5 v2

Options
  • 28-08-2019 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently got a 65 LG C8 off ye and was thinking of getting the above soundbase. Was leaning towards a soundbase as would prefer to put the TV on it as opposed to putting a soundbar in front as really like the stand the TV is on. Just wondering if this base would be OK for this size TV and if the stand would be sticking out much at the side of the soundbase when placed on the soundbase.

Also I got a older version of a Cambridge audio base off ye a good few years ago so that's why I'm picking this one. Any other one ye might recommend and would the sound be a big upgrade on the TV sound?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

s_carnage wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently got a 65 LG C8 off ye and was thinking of getting the above soundbase. Was leaning towards a soundbase as would prefer to put the TV on it as opposed to putting a soundbar in front as really like the stand the TV is on. Just wondering if this base would be OK for this size TV and if the stand would be sticking out much at the side of the soundbase when placed on the soundbase.

Also I got a older version of a Cambridge audio base off ye a good few years ago so that's why I'm picking this one. Any other one ye might recommend and would the sound be a big upgrade on the TV sound?
    Hi Carnage,

the Cambridge TV5 would make a H U G E difference to the 65C8 audio quality - the TV5 is [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]725 Wide x 340 Deep x 100 high so would work quite well with the centre pedestal of the C8 - the Q Acoustics M2 is also worth a look ( albeit significantly less expensive) it sounds excellent, not quite as good as the TV5 but still pretty great, and of course at the current £149 / €179 the M2 is really quite well reduced - you can check it out here:[/font]
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202920-q-acoustics-media2-m2-soundbase.aspx?swapstore=1

Thanks again - hope you are enjoying your C8?? and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Cheers John. Yeah loving the new TV. Massive upgrade on my previous 40 inch! Think I'll bite the bullet and get the Cambridge one tomorrow.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

s_carnage wrote: »
    Cheers John. Yeah loving the new TV. Massive upgrade on my previous 40 inch! Think I'll bite the bullet and get the Cambridge one tomorrow.
    Hey S_Carnage.

No issues, drop us a PM when your ready :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.