Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag friendly venues Waterford?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

my stag party in 2013 was in waterford,
    we drove from dublin, stopped in
    https://kiltorcan.com/index.php
    which is between kilkenny and waterford, it was great, we got a good deal of racing in,
    stayed in treacys, pretty divey, but hey it's a stag
    went to the dog racing, this is where it begins to get blurry,
    got a cab to kazbar

my best man who now lives in waterford likes to point out all of the places where I was unwell on the way home

jaysus, be wiser than me, turn down a drink or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Kamiooka wrote: »
    That's disappointing to hear, The reviews on their facebook page were all very good.

It depends on the group I'd say. If you are really well behaved and happy to go around in single file then it's grand. If you want to race, and I don't mean treat them like bumper cars, then it's not any fun at all.

Been there twice and a good friend a few more times and every time there's lecture after lecture if there's the slightest tip on the track. We decided not to go back after the last time where we were told the second time going out if any single person crashed regardless of how it was caused then the whole session was over for everyone. One person had spun into the tyres on the first session through driver error and not through excessive aggression or being bumped and they had to pull the kart back out.

Kiltorcan, which I haven't been to in years, was far more relaxed about such things and unless someone was really acting the dick they'd never be lecturing you. Can't speak for it nowadays so perhaps it's the same.

When you are paying decent money for an activity that there is naturally some bumping and karts spinning and you have to deal with that level of lecturing it's not worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Kiltorcan is great, as somebody says people think it is a bumper car they are driving. Would you let some tool wreck a cart that costs maybe 10-15k if it was your business?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Kiltorcan is great, as somebody says people think it is a bumper car they are driving. Would you let some tool wreck a cart that costs maybe 10-15k if it was your business?

There is a difference between losing grip and spinning out because you are genuinely being brave and testing the limits of the kart, and ramming someone for the laugh, one will probably be accepted, the other should not be.

My two best stag party memories were go karting related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

OP here. It was by pure chance that I read the comment about the dog track which went down a treat with the lads and sounds like great craic. We settled on Kazbar for the venue, even though it was pricey but well worth it considering what they offer. A few pubs around the town for the crawl, and a night at the dogs plus Vikings for the activities. Plus....for the hardcore few still alive after that, rest the head down the Craftsman and drink a few hairs of the dog until the body functions again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

DeiseNew wrote: »
    OP here. It was by pure chance that I read the comment about the dog track which went down a treat with the lads and sounds like great craic. We settled on Kazbar for the venue, even though it was pricey but well worth it considering what they offer. A few pubs around the town for the crawl, and a night at the dogs plus Vikings for the activities. Plus....for the hardcore few still alive after that, rest the head down the Craftsman and drink a few hairs of the dog until the body functions again!

Glad ye had a good time. The dogs can be great craic alright for a night out

Advertisement