Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Credit Card and Rewards?

• 28-08-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi Everyone

I am looking at getting myself a credit card and woud appreciate any advice on any options that come with decent perks and/or rewards. I will be paying off the balance each month without issue so interest is not really a factor for me,

Any suggestions/advice much appreciated and will earn an excellent rate of Karma Cashback :D

D

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,993 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you're getting a credit card to get rewards you're wasting your time.

Interchange fees in the EU are low, and people here don't use credit cards as every day cards, so the rewards are worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

awec wrote: »
    If you're getting a credit card to get rewards you're wasting your time.

Interchange fees in the EU are low, and people here don't use credit cards as every day cards, so the rewards are worthless.

Very generic untrue statement !

Bank gets paid for every card transaction made. Interchange fees are irrevelant if you know how to use Revolut or Curve.
    It is good idea to use credit card for every day spendings, only if cc account is managed well and paid fully every month.
    The current credit card with rewards offering on Irish market is not great but the following cards are available:
    - Avantcard with 1.25% cashback for purchases
    - AiB Visa Platinum with 0.5% cashback
    - BOI AER Mastercard with Avios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭CPTM

I use my KBC credit card for every day expenses from coffees to nights out. On average it's around about 1000 per month and I get 10€ cash back. The thing I like about it is that I can tap as many times as I like there's no transaction fees. It also keeps my current account a bit tidier looking which isn't a big deal but handy when I'm searching through it for bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daveone

Thanks everyone - much appreciated

Advertisement