Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JYSK Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Seems to be a gimcrack set up. I went in to see what they had and spotted a piece of furniture that was what I had been looking for. I was also interested in another item. I found an assistant and said I wanted to purchase the first item, I'll see if it is in stock, he said. No, its out of stock but we could order it for you. How long would that take? Two weeks.

If he had said, we sold out, we have more stock coming in, that would have been understandable, but no, it could be ordered for me. They don't have stock? Ok they had been busy, lots of sales, so in that case you order more, you don't ask people to specifically order?

So I asked about the other item I might have been interested in. Checks list. No, that's out of stock too.

I give them 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

looksee wrote: »
    Seems to be a gimcrack set up. I went in to see what they had and spotted a piece of furniture that was what I had been looking for. I was also interested in another item. I found an assistant and said I wanted to purchase the first item, I'll see if it is in stock, he said. No, its out of stock but we could order it for you. How long would that take? Two weeks.

If he had said, we sold out, we have more stock coming in, that would have been understandable, but no, it could be ordered for me. They don't have stock? Ok they had been busy, lots of sales, so in that case you order more, you don't ask people to specifically order?

So I asked about the other item I might have been interested in. Checks list. No, that's out of stock too.

I give them 6 months.

You obviously don’t understand their model. It’s all about internet sales with most of their stores being shop windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

I give them 6 months.
    With this kind of attitude around I'd hate to be trying anything new here. Hardly open and you dismiss it. get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Considering they have 3800 stores worldwide and €3.5 BILLION turnover, I think they'll be around for more than 6 months. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well the Trustpilot reviews seem to agree with me https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.jysk.nl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Well the Trustpilot reviews seem to agree with me https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.jysk.nl

I guess Ikea will never take off then off then either... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ikea.co.uk

I imagine a lot of the stuff comes from Asia which obviously is facing issues right now. If it continues on once the virus is sorted then it isn't right.

As for ordering stuff in for you, thats pretty normal no? I've encountered it many times and consider it standard..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

The last refuge of posters... an internet site agrees with me. Just go away and be miserable that your desire for instant retail gratification wasn't met. Some people are never happy.

Advertisement