Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can’t get a nice modern kitchen design

• 28-08-2019 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I’m trying to get a nice modern kitchen design, we have a gorgeous open plan kitchen / living / snug area with vaulted ceilings and lots of natural light etc. My problem is I’m trying to get a nice modern kitchen design that’s a little different to your standard kitchen but no matter where I go I feel like they are all planning kitchens
    from the same book!
    I really want something a little different but can’t seem to get any ideas, and if I ask kitchen designers for something different they look at me like I have two heads and say “like what????”
    Does anyone know where I could go to get a kitchen designed? I don’t mind paying as long as it’s not for the same thing as everyone else has!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

To be fair i can understand the kitchen designers point of view to a small extent. I would imagine most of the people you are dealing with in reality are salespersons and just get the title of designer.

If you want a higher level of service then you may need to go to a bespoke kitchen designer rather than any of the chains.

What i would reccomend it to put together a look book of ideas and styles you like youself and bring it with you to the designer . Use Pinterest, magazines , internet to find styles / finishes you like and think may work for you and bring these rather than going in blind and telling them you want something different.

Doing your own research before going to a good designer is rewarding .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I’m trying to get a nice modern kitchen design, we have a gorgeous open plan kitchen / living / snug area with vaulted ceilings and lots of natural light etc. My problem is I’m trying to get a nice modern kitchen design that’s a little different to your standard kitchen but no matter where I go I feel like they are all planning kitchens
    from the same book!
    I really want something a little different but can’t seem to get any ideas, and if I ask kitchen designers for something different they look at me like I have two heads and say “like what????”
    Does anyone know where I could go to get a kitchen designed? I don’t mind paying as long as it’s not for the same thing as everyone else has!

Have you considered hiring an independent architect or designer?

Advertisement