Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,597 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There you go now! :D

https://youtu.be/1qhy8rsnOLk

Lada Niva 4x4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

My eyes!! They burn!

That yoke is ugly as sin!

My eyes!! They burn!

That yoke is ugly as sin!

Ya yank ya! :p

Brings one back to one's fiat 127 days..
    Gorgeous yoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Suckler

Long overdue……
    557016.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Suckler wrote: »
    Long overdue……
    Long overdue……

You might get a few more years out of it if you washed it with diesel, let it dry out, and give it a good blast of an air compressor :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Oh the lada
    old lad bought a white lada riva when I was 11 or 12 years old...there are worse ways to torture your children ... I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Oh the lada
    old lad bought a white lada riva when I was 11 or 12 years old...there are worse ways to torture your children ... I think

An awful thing to do to a child. Remember a school friend whose father won one.

Wouldn’t mind one now tho...

Endorsed by the IFA..:pac:

https://twitter.com/IFA_Club/status/1408856742478454787?s=20

Special discount for senior members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Odelay wrote: »
    An awful thing to do to a child. Remember a school friend whose father won one.

Wouldn’t mind one now tho...

....what kind of a ****e draw had a Lada as a prize,

days like today the leatherette would fry your skin in seconds, the plastic everywhere, crap door handles and windows that didn't open properly there must be a support group somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

days like today the leatherette would fry your skin in seconds, the plastic everywhere, crap door handles and windows that didn't open properly there must be a support group somewhere

I’d still take one over the dire overpriced hatchbacks on stilts that are as passed off as “SUVs” these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

maidhc wrote: »
    I’d still take one over the dire overpriced hatchbacks on stilts that are as passed off as “SUVs” these days.

You could say overpriced anyhow. How the name of God so many people keep buying new ones is beyond me. Are car sales up or down this year after so many working from home I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Bullocks wrote: »
    You could say overpriced anyhow. How the name of God so many people keep buying new ones is beyond me. Are car sales up or down this year after so many working from home I wonder

Car sales are up on last year anyway. That wouldn't be hard though
    https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

The stats are depressing. The most common sale is a grey, diesel manual hatchback in the A3 CO2 band. Christ that's a boring choice of anything. Small, grey, underpowered. Ughhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

That Lada is dear enough for what it is. LHD only and £16,995GBP inc VAT. Or if you self register it, £11,995+VAT+Registration costs.
    I think no warranty on it - import only.

You could get a Dacia Duster for that type of money with 4WD and dealer backup.

Not sure who the target market is - apart from weirdos and oddballs.

Car sales are up on last year anyway. That wouldn't be hard though
    https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

The stats are depressing. The most common sale is a grey, diesel manual hatchback in the A3 CO2 band. Christ that's a boring choice of anything. Small, grey, underpowered. Ughhhh

I wouldn't mind changing the wife's car to a q3 or q5 but they are horrid dear even at a few years old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

The farmers journal had I’m pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Jcb have a backlog of orders running thru next year apparently. Taking on a good share of staff in the factories. Don't think there will be any drop in prices for a while...

Mooooo wrote: »
    Jcb have a backlog of orders running thru next year apparently. Taking on a good share of staff in the factories. Don't think there will be any drop in prices for a while...

I think most machinery places are similar. Alot of stuff being bought now won't be got till 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Bullocks wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind changing the wife's car to a q3 or q5 but they are horrid dear even at a few years old

Does she not change her own car?

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Does she not change her own car?

No, she just about drives it haha. I'm not pushed about driving anything new myself so I don't mind keeping the car fresh(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The things that appear out of sheds when you have a few good days...
    PWfjgmL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The things that appear out of sheds when you have a few good days...
    PWfjgmL.jpg

When did yous ban him from liveing in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Jb1989 wrote: »
    When did yous ban him from liveing in the house?

Ah, don't worry.
    Two more to keep him company... !
    cwVwQqm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

557305.jpg
    Last purchase for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Famous last words

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭emaherx

Reggie. wrote: »
    Famous last words

"For a while" its a great phrase for a very non specific period of time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

May she wear well. Always wondered what happens if you roll back a bit when the shoe is down. Will it dig in?

satstheway wrote: »
    May she wear well. Always wondered what happens if you roll back a bit when the shoe is down. Will it dig in?

Thanks, wouldn't like it to happen, more than likely bend or break something.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Thanks, wouldn't like it to happen, more than likely bend or break something.

That's that I was thinking 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Why the shoe over the dribble bar lads??

• Advertisement

Nobbies wrote: »
    Why the shoe over the dribble bar lads??

Shoe is supposed to put the slurry onto the ground better and can spread on heavier covers, that's the sales pitch anyway, the difference in price wasn't huge either.

Advertisement