Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Why did you choose them over the other makers?

Shes mounted underneath which leaves the weight more forward than all at the back. Probably get the computer on it aswell and also hes covering the macerator for 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shes mounted underneath which leaves the weight more forward than all at the back. Probably get the computer on it aswell and also hes covering the macerator for 2 years

What's the computer for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Is the macerator reversible?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »

Never thought to ask but I'm sure if you just pull the lever the other way itll reverse

What's the computer for?

It's like a seeder control box. You tell it what rate ya want the slurry out at and it tells ya what speed to do. Tells ya how much total slurry is applied to each field. Controls the macerator and arms on it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

It's like a seeder control box. You tell it what rate ya want the slurry out at and it tells ya what speed to do. Tells ya how much total slurry is applied to each field. Controls the macerator and arms on it too

Its like a flow rate meter then?
    Would it be sensitive enough to pick up on watery washings vs thicker cattle higher Dm type slurry as would flow differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Would that go onto any tank Reggie or you have to have the manufacturer made brackets on it from the start?

Have a 2010 HiSpec here and don't know what to do going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Fair play. You’re always planning ahead. How did she work out for the season?

Would it be sensitive enough to pick up on watery washings vs thicker cattle higher Dm type slurry as would flow differently?

Well I'm sure watery slurry would move faster than thick slurry. I've to call up to see her getting done and look at the computer. I'll find out all then

Odelay wrote: »
    Fair play. You’re always planning ahead. How did she work out for the season?

Wasnt terribly busy but she never missed a beat and kn happy with her. Great thing to shift slurry

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »
    Would that go onto any tank Reggie or you have to have the manufacturer made brackets on it from the start?

Have a 2010 HiSpec here and don't know what to do going forward

That can be retro fitted to any tank. Richard puts the brackets on up the north

https://www.facebook.com/Slurryquip/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AgriLad

What are lads opinions on this? Looks a good job i think.

https://youtu.be/4xf018kZZa0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Innovative. But a lot of moving parts and in that guise it sounds hard on itself. He’d want to soften some of those movements or I’d think there could be a welder needed after a couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,907 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

AgriLad wrote: »

16 Bales could be 12 tonnes alone. Add to that all that metal. I'd hate to be working it in a wet year.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Might be a grand job on the plains of royal Meath but it would be on its side in a ditch up here when the third bales goes in.

16 bales is big load too. Dread to think what the fields would be like in a wettish year.

Another downside for some might be that you can only go two high without double handling. If you're in a big enough way to have that machine you'll be wanting to go higher.

An option might be to go for 12 bales and stack 3 high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

16 Bales could be 12 tonnes alone. Add to that all that metal. I'd hate to be working it in a wet year.

Beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AgriLad

Yeah that is true , but surely a bale trailer full of bales is a fair weight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Fook the super singles into the hedge and look into a forced steer system that lets a trailed implement run in crab steer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭cjpm

Fair play to him. It's a great idea. Maybe if there was an 8 bale version for soft ground it might help...

Another toy bought. In the right colours and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Another toy bought. In the right colours and all

Tidy looking. You going using it for hauling peat bedding?

Tidy looking. You going using it for hauling peat bedding?

That's it in one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭davidk1394

AgriLad wrote: »

Theres 2 hydraulic blocks off a fusion working it and countless balers. His always making different machines. I think cross are going making them. That's what I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Don't think it counts as machinery but got this today... 700kg ......€250....

€350. . if iI wanted the bar lifting bar but I already had one myself...

jimmy G M wrote: »

No pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

jimmy G M wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

jimmy G M wrote:

Great job, we've one that's over a tonne and need every bit of it because we have a very hilly yard here.

blue5000 wrote: »

Yeah macerator is reversible

It's not a flow meter really. Was talking to Richard today and you can recalibrate the tanker for each tank ya pull out of if there was a major difference in the slurry.

• Advertisement

Dribble bar going on today

Advertisement