Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Yeah, male and female same as the last one. They could be changed around but, as lads said before, better to stay with the standard settings and get used to them, I think?

I wouldn't think that it would make any difference. It's the same oil, pressure etc. You'd just be reversing the source of the flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

emaherx wrote: »
    What's the standard? Or is there one? I've seen every combination on different tractors.

What controls do you have? levers or a joystick with button for 3rd service?

Is it press a button and move lever in same direction as tilting the whole grab down to close? And tilt up to open? ( This is the only way I'd have it, anything else and I'd change the couplers around)

On my loader both couplers on loader are female and both on grab are male, so it can be hooked up either way, but I've color coded each so I don't mix them up.

Joystick (ooh matron:D) with a button for 3rd service. It's now the same as the tine grab and the first sheargrab I had so I'm assuming it's a standard setting.

For the sake of 3 minutes with a combination of either a 19/22/27mm spanners (dairy man's toolbox x2 visegrips :P) to do what ever falls to muscle memory rather than spend the next few week thinking about how you do it.
    Just change them to how you want it.
    :D

I'll leave it the way it is now, I'd say. The second lad wants to do the feeding here this winter so probably better him learning the standard way rather than having to unlearn the wrong way of doing it.
    I wouldn't think that it would make any difference. It's the same oil, pressure etc. You'd just be reversing the source of the flow

As above, just making it easier for the young lad, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Our's and the uncles came with a male female but we changed them to all male. Easier wipe the crap off a male one than a female before coupling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Easier wipe the crap off a male one than a female before coupling.

tenor.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭emaherx

Joystick (ooh matron:D) with a button for 3rd service. It's now the same as the tine grab and the first sheargrab I had so I'm assuming it's a standard setting.

Aw well you are already messed up so. I've a 390 with shuttle and a 365 with 3 gear sticks on the floor, I often find myself reaching for an imaginary shuttle lever. Had a 185 over 20 years ago with spool valve levers on left hand side of seat I've just about gotten over reaching for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Big girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Durty girl.

Are those big roof light panels in that shed? Serious light in there.

Odelay wrote: »
    Durty girl.

Are those big roof light panels in that shed? Serious light in there.

Yeah big shed too

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yeah big shed too

You never said you were having an open day!!

• Advertisement

Continentals have a completely different version of a shed to us. Interesting to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

emaherx wrote: »
    Aw well you are already messed up so. I've a 390 with shuttle and a 365 with 3 gear sticks on the floor, I often find myself reaching for an imaginary shuttle lever. Had a 185 over 20 years ago with spool valve levers on left hand side of seat I've just about gotten over reaching for them.

I find myself reaching for the shuttle in the Hilux, That's worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Big girl

Much drilled out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Reggie. wrote:
    Big girl

What contractor is that, Reiff is it.. Got a snap off a lad out in Germany and he must be on the same tour as you

You never said you were having an open day!!

Was a secret

Much drilled out there?

Most places seemed drilled. That outfit drills 24/7 from sept to now. Wears out the discs every year. Approx 400 ha

What contractor is that, Reiff is it.. Got a snap off a lad out in Germany and he must be on the same tour as you

Not a contractor. It's off a horse stables

Most places seemed drilled. That outfit drills 24/7 from sept to now. Wears out the discs every year. Approx 400 ha

Sandy gravelly ground then?
    There’s only about a third of the European winter crop planted and 15% of roots I harvested that are salvage and worthless now due to rain. A tulip grower I know has only 3/4 of his crop in but in Holland they’ve virtually nothing planted and gone too late now he reckons.

There’s only about a third of the European winter crop planted and 15% of roots I harvested that are salvage and worthless now due to rain. A tulip grower I know has only 3/4 of his crop in but in Holland they’ve virtually nothing planted and gone too late now he reckons.

Yeah good land with and index of approx 80 I think. Gone from 60/40 winter/spring to 100% winter crops

Yeah big shed too

You'd fit a fair few cubicles into that...:pac:

• Advertisement

You'd fit a fair few cubicles into that...:pac:

Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Only got 88ha of wheat planted, and 40ha barley. No osr planted due to drought.
    No option for swheat or sbarley, so lots of extra hectares of maize, sunflowers, haricots, chickpeas etc. for 2020.
    Luckily we sold most of the grain maize for forage or we’d be retrofitting tracks on the combines like everyone else...

Only got 88ha of wheat planted, and 40ha barley. No osr planted due to drought.
    No option for swheat or sbarley, so lots of extra hectares of maize, sunflowers, haricots, chickpeas etc. for 2020.
    Luckily we sold most of the grain maize for forage or we’d be retrofitting tracks on the combines like everyone else...

Got as much for what we could get onto look after. It’s not going to be a bumper year as doesn’t look like it likes wet toes.
    Local big contract farmer looking at over 3kha of spring crops out of 3600ha by time he redrills drowned stuff and what will be ripped out with Bg infestation as can’t get pre em on. Did sound out if we’d have a spare combine for September next year....

Seed merchants are running about to fill orders for spring before there’s nothing left in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭enricoh

Did any of ye ever shift a mobile home using a teleporter?
    I was wondering if its possible to put up on a bale trailer with the teleporter? Can get extension forks. The chassis isnt the strongest on mobile homes, just worried about it
    Got a price of a lad that shifts them using proper ramps etc n he's top dollar.
    Shifting it 30 mile so better not put it on the hitch of the jeep!

I’d say there would be a good chance of bending the chassis. Even just a few mm could compromise the joint sealing, could let damp into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭roosterman71

enricoh wrote: »
    Did any of ye ever shift a mobile home using a teleporter?
    I was wondering if its possible to put up on a bale trailer with the teleporter? Can get extension forks. The chassis isnt the strongest on mobile homes, just worried about it
    Got a price of a lad that shifts them using proper ramps etc n he's top dollar.
    Shifting it 30 mile so better not put it on the hitch of the jeep!

I wouldn't chance it. There'd be a fair bit of weight overhanging both sides of the fork. The frame on them mobiles are very flimsy, and a dose of shaking would be bad news and could jeopardize the shell integrity.

Could you lift one end onto a trailer and get it to roll up the rest of the way as you lift the other end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭enricoh

I’d say there would be a good chance of bending the chassis. Even just a few mm could compromise the joint sealing, could let damp into it.

Hmm, it'd be game over if that happens.
    I could make up a bit of a jig for the forks say 10 or 12 foot wide at work, that'd leave 9 or 10ft either side - less sagging I'd imagine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Got as much for what we could get onto look after. It’s not going to be a bumper year as doesn’t look like it likes wet toes.
    Local big contract farmer looking at over 3kha of spring crops out of 3600ha by time he redrills drowned stuff and what will be ripped out with Bg infestation as can’t get pre em on. Did sound out if we’d have a spare combine for September next year....

Seed merchants are running about to fill orders for spring before there’s nothing left in Europe.

We’re lucky with combine capacity. Harvesting from mid June all the way to end of October makes it easier and the climate is benign.
    I’ve still got sunnies to harvest, well what’s left of them anyway...

I’d say that any of the wheat and barley that was planted into plough is goosed here. The mintill is fine so far.

I’d chance wheat until mid January if we get a window. That window would want to be fairly large though as the ground is saturated...irrigation lakes are filling surprisingly fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone watching the worlds fastest tractor on c4 at the minute?
    Just ruined in so missed the start of it.
    It better have arms and a pto for it to be a tractor of any use!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Anyone watching the worlds fastest tractor on c4 at the minute?
    Just ruined in so missed the start of it.
    It better have arms and a pto for it to be a tractor of any use!?!

Go to ch 4+1 and you can watch it from the start again

Advertisement