Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

They'd hold their shape better alright I'd say but on their sides, you'd be sealing up the middle ones when they sink into each other. Not much air left in there between them. Maybe on their ends keeps the a bit better if you do have a few over until the start of the next winter?

Generally go 5 high around here so stacking on their ends wouldn't be an option. Ones that are baled a bit wet get fairly squashed on the bottom but there'd be ones baled grand and dry that hardly sink or deform at all even with the 5 high.Well they obviously sink, but I mean the bottom row are still round and not pancaked
    These are mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Reggie. wrote: »
    These are mine

Nowt wrong with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

These are mine

You using soft hands Reggie?

Was thinking of getting a trunk myself this year

Panch18 wrote: »
    You using soft hands Reggie?

Was thinking of getting a trunk myself this year

Yeah soft hands here. Use that and the roller type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Does anyone here stack theirs fcuked in a heap? I notice it in a fair few yards I pass and was wondering how it was achieved and what were the particular advantages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Odelay wrote: »
    Does anyone here stack theirs fcuked in a heap? I notice it in a fair few yards I pass and was wondering how it was achieved and what were the particular advantages?

With wet bales if stacked three high on uneven ground they can collapse pretty handy

Reggie, did you get the tanker back yet with the dribble bar?? Any pics for us? Has it had an outing yet?

Panch18 wrote: »
    Reggie, did you get the tanker back yet with the dribble bar?? Any pics for us? Has it had an outing yet?

Yeah she came back yesterday. Rung a bolt putting the moscha back on so no work done yet. I'd say the recent be much work done till next week the way the ground is around here. Couldn't play with it either as I didnt power up the computer so the hydraulics wont work. Maybe tomorrow

499816.jpg
    This is her

This is her

Super job Reggie, very tidy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭hopeso

This is her

Is there a bit of stripping involved to be able to open the access hatch? Is it still hinged, for opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Looks well. Any idea as to what weight it is?

Not knowing much about these, how good are maserator.

Does anyone still produce dribble bars without a without a maserator, like this.

https://www.nc-engineering.com/agricultural-machinery/vacuum-slurry-tankers-optional-extras/imgp0193/

hopeso wrote: »
    Is there a bit of stripping involved to be able to open the access hatch? Is it still hinged, for opening?

None at all. The hatch is just bolted on as normal. Very little of the dribble bar needs to be dismantled

Does anyone still produce dribble bars without a without a maserator, like this.

https://www.nc-engineering.com/agricultural-machinery/vacuum-slurry-tankers-optional-extras/imgp0193/

Think it's about 500kg. Well the macerator is built in house. 2 years warranty to contractors and 3 years to farmers. Was told to rebuild the macerator with all internal parts would cost roughly €400 inc

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

Anyone use a Sealey battery greaser? Seem well priced but would I just be better off splashing out on a better model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭emaherx

It's ready :D

501210.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

emaherx wrote: »
    It's ready :D

501210.jpg
    Best of luck with it and safe travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭hopeso

Fine looking box....It will be a shame to dirty it! :rolleyes:

Well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Great looking trailer. All the best with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

JOAT wrote: »
    Anyone use a Sealey battery greaser? Seem well priced but would I just be better off splashing out on a better model?

Don't know. You normally need to invest in battery stuff for it to not break your heart. I have a dewalt one because it is all dewalt battery stuff I have. At least there is always a fully charged battery there.

I bought it to replace an old Macnaught K29 that was worn out to hell. I really miss not being able to know the implement is greased by the resistance on the handle. It is a godsend for greasing a loader or baler, but crap for PTO shafts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

hopeso wrote: »
    Fine looking box....It will be a shame to dirty it! :rolleyes:

Well wear!

Oooh matron!

Oooh matron!

You behave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,906 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

emaherx wrote: »
    It's ready

Am I the only one that can see 2 trailers? Which one did you get.....and well wear?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭emaherx

:D Mine's the one on the truck (the cheaper one), hasn't been delivered here yet but is with the dealer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Got an email from Irish garage equipment advertising an Induction bolt heater. Looks a good yoke. Anyone any experience of 1 ??

A dribble bar without 1 would be a nightmare unless your spreading only water, and for yourself. No pallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hildywildy

I try make silage from the best quality grass I can, Contractor wraps them with a fusion. I stack them on end with a soft hands and about three days later, they fall all over the place, the abuse I get from neighbours and my contractor is unreal.

When baling third cut, the baler man said he would stack the bales, and guess what, they fell all over the place.

With soft lush bales, I don't think they can be double stacked.

hildywildy wrote: »
    I try make silage from the best quality grass I can, Contractor wraps them with a fusion. I stack them on end with a soft hands and about three days later, they fall all over the place, the abuse I get from neighbours and my contractor is unreal.

When baling third cut, the baler man said he would stack the bales, and guess what, they fell all over the place.

With soft lush bales, I don't think they can be double stacked.

No, short grass bales will always turn into mushrooms

Aftergrass will flatten.
    Main reason we got a rake to make a well formed bale in aftergrass. I pull the wrapper behind the baler and whatever about them flattening in the stack, real pain not hitting the wrapper square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Did anyone go to the Kelly's of borris up days ? I'm just home there now. Theres some collection of machinery there. Good deals above for tools.

Advertisement