Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Reggie. wrote: »
    Once bitten

What would you use that for Reggie - like, what would be on the back when that’s on the front? The guttler yoke is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

WTF

To rephrase that.
    Teasing new machinery to a bunch of mostly male machinery enthusiasts and not giving any details, many of whom i'm sure would fit the description of also enjoy the sight of what their tastes consider to be a pretty female in suitable attire for said purpose is unappreciated. Personally i feel the only female worth giving any such attention too is a lady I know as Ellie, with whom i'm currently side by side in bed and is rocking a titillating cotton t-shirt/pj bottoms combination.

Is your cultivator for tilting up the ground ahead of you rake-seeder or powerharrow, could it go in unworked grass sod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

What would you use that for Reggie - like, what would be on the back when that’s on the front? The guttler yoke is it?

Can use it with the guttler greenmaster in sprayed off ground or cultivated ground and also in front of the powerharrow in uneven cultivated ground. Kinda level off the ground before the powerharrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Nothing fancy like them things. Its custom made tho. Only one in ireland atm

What's the difference in that one to what every one else is using

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

wrangler wrote: »
    What's the difference in that one to what every one else is using

Reggie owns it :p

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    Reggie owns it :p

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Serious bit of kit, I definitely wouldn't like anything less than the weight of a power Harrow on the back with it.

Serious bit of kit, I definitely wouldn't like anything less than the weight of a power Harrow on the back with it.

Shes roughly 500kg. Shes needs almost that to carry the guttler or powerharrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Reggie. wrote:
    Shes roughly 500kg. Shes needs almost that to carry the guttler or powerharrow

Suppose now that I think of it, it's a good bit less than a loader and bale of silage.
    Will be interesting to see how you get on with it.. More useful than a tray of lead on the front rack that's for sure anyway

Suppose now that I think of it, it's a good bit less than a loader and bale of silage.
    Will be interesting to see how you get on with it.. More useful than a tray of lead on the front rack that's for sure anyway

If I have to carry something up front it may aswell be useful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Took a ram off the loader and dropped it in to get a new seal put in. Got charged €100 for the pleasure. Seems steep to me. What do ye think?

Took a ram off the loader and dropped it in to get a new seal put in. Got charged €100 for the pleasure. Seems steep to me. What do ye think?

Might not be too bad. The seal itself might not be expensive but getting the ram open is the trick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

timple23 wrote: »
    Any prices from the Bord na Mona auction today?

Just wondering if we have any local knowledge on how this auction went?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Might not be too bad. The seal itself might not be expensive but getting the ram open is the trick.

Fair enough if that’s near the run of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Seems about the going rate.
    Got seals in rams of a shear grab, and was charged nearly €200.
    They had to weld bits to the end caps, and use heat to get them off, but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭Odelay

Very fair if it’s done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Fair enough if that’s near the run of things

Paid 80 for a forklift seal. If I'd known the hardship getting it out and in of the forklift I'd have left it leaking....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Really pays to be able to do you own bit of wrenching. Half the day today putting 4 rubber mountings into engine and transmission of a farm master. Dread to think what a garage would charge. Putting pto shaft into a deere 6900 now. The labour bill would mount up fairly rapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

I tried it a few years back and didn't think much of it. It was a brittle hard plastic
    that didn't like too much handling. It also allowed a green mold to grow underneath which in my opinion had nothing to do with the quality of the crop inside. It is also very visible from a long way off so does not really blend into the surrounding landscape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Local merchant here tried selling that round these parts some years back. mustn't have taken off.don't see it now at all. never seen much wrong with the black wrap.

if it aint broken, why attempt to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

ruwithme wrote: »
    Local merchant here tried selling that round these parts some years back. mustn't have taken off.don't see it now at all. never seen much wrong with the black wrap.

if it aint broken, why attempt to fix it.

Apparently, the benefits are at the recycling stage as black plastic can only be used to make recycled black products. Whereas the clear stuff can have a dye added and therefore has more uses.
    There was even talk of some recyclers not charging for taking in the clear stuff.
    The manufacturers were citing a few benefits, one of which was the if selling the bales you could look and see what state the bale was in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Anyone an idea of what weight of a weight block you could safely add to front of a MF4355 without causing problems to front axle down the line. Getting a 1.5T spreader and want to counter balance it for a few steepish fields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A new to me purchase arrived yesterday. I'll post a picture when it's out working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Anyone an idea of what weight of a weight block you could safely add to front of a MF4355 without causing problems to front axle down the line. Getting a 1.5T spreader and want to counter balance it for a few steepish fields.

Will you have 1.5 tonne in the spinner when going up the high fields? Otherwise a dull set of weights would do. 500kg? And just put in a tonne going up the high fields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

mengele wrote: »
    Will you have 1.5 tonne in the spinner when going up the high fields? Otherwise a dull set of weights would do. 500kg? And just put in a tonne going up the high fields.

I suppose that's a good compromise alright, I presume 500kg wouldn't be too much on front axle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    I suppose that's a good compromise alright, I presume 500kg wouldn't be too much on front axle?

I would imagine you would be fine with no weights and a 500kg bag going up the steep hill. You would be ok with a tonne and no weights on Flatish round. Then about 500kg weights going up a steep hill with a tonne and 500kg weights on the Flatish ground witha 1.5 tonne in the spinner. You will need to judge yourself. You can take off all the weight a if you don't need them in the autumn once the very date is finished and leave them off until Feb when you will be spreading again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

This might work. Happened somewhere in Ireland not so long ago. Theres always some clown like this

Here's the link otherwise

http://https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kIyD_1594516325

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭Odelay

This might work. Happened somewhere in Ireland not so long ago. Theres always some clown like this

Here's the link otherwise

http://https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kIyD_1594516325

Links not working for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Advertisement