Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

emaherx wrote: »
    Wonder if he'll get a HSA inspection now for his missing PTO cover :D

It came off in the crash ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It came off in the crash ;)

Yea, like when I had my jeep stolen ........ no matter what blue cards were missing they were in the jeep, great opportunity to sort out paper work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Would he not having a beacon be a big factor as in the car driver saying in court that the tractor and mower had no beacons so was on the road illegally ?

Lads have ye any views on the major cyclone mulcher I'm thinking of buying a flail mower or mulcher or a cyclone I dunno which is best though mainly heavy rushes and furze would be the main work done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭selectamatic

lab man wrote: »
    Would he not having a beacon be a big factor as in the car driver saying in court that the tractor and mower had no beacons so was on the road illegally ?

There's a beacon on the tractor.

• Advertisement

There's a beacon on the tractor.

Didn't see that fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

You'd think the car driver will be found at fault, and he should be, but this is Ireland, between solicitors, insurance companies and judges there is no guarantee.

I think Reggie got it spot on, the tractor driver checked his mirrors and saw it clear then looked back to the road to spot his turn in point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

Lads have ye any views on the major cyclone mulcher I'm thinking of buying a flail mower or mulcher or a cyclone I dunno which is best though mainly heavy rushes and furze would be the main work done

I have a cyclone, can't fault it. Dosent need a huge amount of power to work with, great for rough old grasses, briers, small furze. And you can cover a field fairly fast when using it for just topping. Christ I sound like I work for major but it's a great machine! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭enricoh

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    If the tractor had been a mother and her children in a car turning into their driveway and this lad ploughed into them I dont think anyone would be saying it was anything other than reckless on his part. I'd say we've all done things on the road in our youth we look back and say what were we thinking, so hopefully this lad realizes he got off lightly to just walk away from that one.

It says in the article a fella in his 40's was brought to hospital. If he's 40 odd at that craic there's no hope for him, only a matter of time til he kills someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Aravo

The car driver overtook a lorry, car, car, large van and then collision occurred.
    Maybe there was something behind the lorry and it passed that as well.

UK rules of the road: You should not overtake on a single-lane road in these circumstances: ... If the vehicle in front of you is indicating right: even if their positioning in the road implies they're not turning.

Not sure if it's spelt out that clearly with the RSA.

So before the car driver went to pass out all the vehicles, did he check all their indicators. I doubt it.

It's dangerous driving from the car driver. Even if there was no collision, passing out a lorry, car, car, large van, tractor and mower is in my opinion a very dangerous maneuver.
    That fella is lucky to be alive.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Grasping at straws I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭selectamatic

enricoh wrote: »
    It says in the article a fella in his 40's was brought to hospital. If he's 40 odd at that craic there's no hope for him, only a matter of time til he kills someone.

It's an interesting aspect surely even more so from the tractor drivers perspective.

There'd be plenty of grumbling going on if the tractor driver was a teenager or person in their early 20s.

The car driver is definitely getting done for dangerous driving imo going off what I've seen and heard of what others have gotten for similar things.

If he gets a very good solicitor he might get that reduced down to driving without due care and attention but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

4 star ncap safety rating for the accord is clearly well deserved too.

endainoz wrote: »
    I have a cyclone, can't fault it. Dosent need a huge amount of power to work with, great for rough old grasses, briers, small furze. And you can cover a field fairly fast when using it for just topping. Christ I sound like I work for major but it's a great machine! :p

Wat width have you are they 1000 or 540 box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Aravo wrote: »
    The car driver overtook a lorry, car, car, large van and then collision occurred.
    Maybe there was something behind the lorry and it passed that as well.

From one of the FB posts on the topic, it seems there were more that were overtaken behind the truck before he got that far. Here is what they had posted:

I was the car comin the Opposite side.. my opinion is it’s the Honda accords fault.. the tractor was indicating and the man in the accord was trying to over take them all stupidly as there was oncoming traffic anyway(me) he sped up trying to get in quicker and I Even slowed Down! There was about 3/4 cars behind the lorry he overtook aswel. Maybe the farmer should Have looked but he obviously looked before indicating as you do.. so moral of the story don’t over take if there is oncoming traffic and not enough time to do so.

As someone had quoted on another topic of conversation on it
    “.... a dash cam is vital because if they survive they'll do anything to divert blame.”

This I think this is true to some extent and the farmer/contractor will likely be the victim in this or the blame will be shifted their way due to often negative media and social media surrounding farming community in recent times.
    Can be sure the only ones who will make a fast pound out of it are the ambulance chasing legal profession.
    Have to agree with Reggies point further up that by the time you’ve checked the road is clear you’re concentration moves to getting your rig through the gap safely, I don’t think he stood a chance, even if he did spot it and ground to a halt half way across the road, the damage / injuries could have been much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Moral of the story is too much speed. accidents are enivitable on roads. please slow down folks. you might find yourself with more time to react to a imminent accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

Wat width have you are they 1000 or 540 box

2.5m and they are 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

When I was starting out driving , my father was truck driving but his advice to me was , leave early be in no rush , and hit or be hit but be on you’re side of the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

520022.jpg
    Trying out the new arrival today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »

Ya couldn't have manners.

Well wear by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ya couldn't have manners.

Well wear by the way

Thanks very much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Well wear

how you finding the krone mowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

What's tom hoey in louth like to deal with ??
    Has some nice gear on dd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Tileman

Has some nice gear on dd

I don’t know. I was coming on to ask the sane thing about Alexander mills in the north. Any opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭F5500

Well wear, nothing to beat Krone really.

How do you find the front mower to follow ground?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Both non conditioner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was walking by the digger today and noticed the tax was up since last December. I got no communication that it wasnt paid or was over due. 63 euro arrears. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Has some nice gear on dd

Only saw this now will pm you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Here's my new handler. Will collect tomorrow
    108730742-146045900438374-7853568045027170905-n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭dzer2

Wear well best of luck with it

Advertisement