Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just curious how much wider could you go before having to get a new rim? Assuming your going up to a 600?

Was going for 600s and the man in agrigear reckons the rim would take it no bother

ml100 wrote: »
    @Reggie. How do you find the tuffmac dump trailer, I think I saw your landini on their Facebook page.

Believe it or not its sat in a shed since that day. Never used it yet but it's mainly used in winter for dung and the likes.

Looks good at a glance and only issues I've had were a few oil leaks from fittings and a few missing grease nibbles that I noticed when I went looking over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

In repainting a tractor cab,
    Has anyone ever put a laquer on over the top coat of paint to protect it, it is it needed at all? Should the paint be good enough?

Shes all ready for the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,906 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Reggie. wrote: »

Boys and their toys.....

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Hope the weather stays good for you. Awful rain on the way.

Boys and their toys.....

Sure how else will the grass get sown :D

Base price wrote: »
    Hope the weather stays good for you. Awful rain on the way.

To stay dry here till tomorrow evening or so it says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Are the two tyres that are flipped over some sort of dept gauge?

Base price wrote: »
    Are the two tyres that are flipped over some sort of dept gauge?

Yep. They flip forward and the ripper runs on them as a kind of depth guage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,906 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sure how else will the grass get sown :D

Fair play. You have it spotless.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭hopeso

Those tyres have to be worth a few quid. I wouldn't like to be buying them new anyway...Advertise them now, while they're still on the tractor. If you get a buyer, it wouldn't take too long to fit the new ones.....

hopeso wrote: »
    Those tyres have to be worth a few quid. I wouldn't like to be buying them new anyway...Advertise them now, while they're still on the tractor. If you get a buyer, it wouldn't take too long to fit the new ones.....

I think new your looking at roughly 3500 all round for BKTs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Neighbours potato harvesting rig. Out this morning harvesting kerrs pinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭hopeso

I think new your looking at roughly 3500 all round for BKTs

You could probably nearly double that for Michelin.... Price a new set of Michelin just to see before you sell yours.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭visatorro

NcdJd wrote: »
    Neighbours potato harvesting rig. Out this morning harvesting kerrs pinks.

will be some mess harvesting spuds the way the year is going. just aswell theres plenty of money in it!!

visatorro wrote: »
    will be some mess harvesting spuds the way the year is going. just aswell theres plenty of money in it!!

Them lads are well used to the muck. Won't be a bother to them ha.

Well its sown anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Well its sown anyways

Who does the driving for ya while you take pictures?? :P fairplay hopefully twill work out alright. Would ye spread granlime with that as well or did it get just ground lime?

Mooooo wrote: »
    Who does the driving for ya while you take pictures?? :P fairplay hopefully twill work out alright. Would ye spread granlime with that as well or did it get just ground lime?

The farmer spread granlime and fert as I was going over it. Need to get someone to film some moving shots now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Bidding war kicking off between Grassmen and Farmflix to have the rights to film Reggie now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭cosatron

Well its sown anyways

is he going putting slurry on it by any chance. mu uncle tried that before and it was a complete failure, the new seed's never took off, the boss man here reckoned if he put slurry on it afterwards, it would help the seed get a grip. but that was nearly 8 years ago maybe things are different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

The farmer spread granlime and fert as I was going over it. Need to get someone to film some moving shots now :D

You can set up some of those drones to track you I think, no need for anyone to control it. Dunno the price of em

Gillespy wrote: »
    Bidding war kicking off between Grassmen and Farmflix to have the rights to film Reggie now.

I'll be worth money yet :D

cosatron wrote: »
    is he going putting slurry on it by any chance. mu uncle tried that before and it was a complete failure, the new seed's never took off, the boss man here reckoned if he put slurry on it afterwards, it would help the seed get a grip. but that was nearly 8 years ago maybe things are different

Nah. He rolled it there now and with the rain tomorrow I cant see any issue with the grass growing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Does anyone have a photo showing how the wiring for the rear lights on a blue roof IW are routed?
    This is the old ones with the lights low down on the back door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

NcdJd wrote: »
    Them lads are well used to the muck. Won't be a bother to them ha.

Ransoms 2 row chain digger, and lots of traveller families emptying fertilizers bags of spuds into bulk boxes...
    Good man on the artic shovel getting full boxes to the headlands, and the jobs a good un..

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Ransoms 2 row chain digger, and lots of traveller families emptying fertilizers bags of spuds into bulk boxes...
    Good man on the artic shovel getting full boxes to the headlands, and the jobs a good un..

Tractor and trailer just goes along with the harvester now, 4 boxes on trailer. Haulm topper on front pto. Very quick operation at the moment. Lads currently out cutting corn until the rain arrives. Which looks to be any time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Was going for 600s and the man in agrigear reckons the rim would take it no bother

Would you not just run the mich at a slightly lower pressure to increase area or why go wider? Landini won't have the weight for big tyres, she wont get the power down, looking at their brochure they're 4.7T at operating weight. Just something to consider. Similar weight to the valtra and I wouldn't go past a 520 and I'd be on wet ground with very few hills.

• Advertisement

Damo810 wrote: »
    Would you not just run the mich at a slightly lower pressure to increase area or why go wider? Landini won't have the weight for big tyres, she wont get the power down, looking at their brochure they're 4.7T at operating weight. Just something to consider. Similar weight to the valtra and I wouldn't go past a 520 and I'd be on wet ground with very few hills.

Oh she will have no hassle getting the weight down with the powerharrow, guttler or tanker

Also that running weight is without any oil or fuel in her so you add upto 500kg extra onto that weight. My girl is running roughly 5.5ton at least full of fuel and myself in the cab.

After that you have the brackets for the loader

Not gonna admit how much weight I add :D

Advertisement