Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Did any of ye come across or use one of these ? Are they any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

davidk1394 wrote: »

What's it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Spreading straw? Looks along the lines of the Spreadabale, no chopping just throwing it out as it. I was in Condon's a few years ago and saw the Spreadabale and it looked a good job.

Gillespy wrote: »
    Spreading straw? Looks along the lines of the Spreadabale, no chopping just throwing it out as it. I was in Condon's a few years ago and saw the Spreadabale and it looked a good job.

Yeah that's basically it. I dont want a straw blower but if I could hit into one of these I'd be interested.
    http://www.lucasg.com/en/product/bale-unroller-straw-bedder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

If you're going into the pen with the tractor, a bale splitter for the front loader that works on silage bales and grabs the plastic or net is also an alternative.
    I've a farmhand shearman here and it's a gift for straw bales.

• Advertisement

If you're going into the pen with the tractor, a bale splitter for the front loader that works on silage bales and grabs the plastic or net is also an alternative.
    I've a farmhand shearman here and it's a gift for straw bales.

How does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

How does it work?

Grab the straw bale on the round.
    Go into your shed/pen.
    Push down the blade.
    Half the bale falls down.
    Move then to another spot and let up the blade and let out the other half.
    Most times the net is caught on the shearman and out you go with the loader/tractor.
    If it's not you've to spread those bits anyway so you'll be on the ground anyways.
    But you won't be rolling a bale of straw around and it's simple to spread the split bits and you won't need to touch a bale with a penknife again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Anyone have experience of Cronin trailers? I've come across a second hand 10×5 builder's trailer and I'm tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I saw a similar farmer made thingie in action last Winter when loading straw and they had it mounted on a teleporter. Whilst we were talking the son dropped the forks, picked up the straw spreader, hooked up the pipes, picked up a bale of straw that he had already cut the netting off. He drove along the feed passage, angled the teleported with the ram extended and spread the straw as he went, iykwim. Great yoke and it spread the straw well.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2014-volvo-l25f-16534/25393767?campaign=14
    Anyone have any idea what their like, would they fill a diet feeder in the future. Considering changing the skidsteer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm looking to add a loader to my zetor 9641. If mainly be using it for feeding and would be adding a dung fork on to it to clear out bedding areas. I had priced a Rossmore one new but found it to be very expensive. What would the second hand options be out there? Are all the brackets etc hard to source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm looking to add a loader to my zetor 9641. If mainly be using it for feeding and would be adding a dung fork on to it to clear out bedding areas. I had priced a Rossmore one new but found it to be very expensive. What would the second hand options be out there? Are all the brackets etc hard to source?

I had a rossmore on a 9641, but found the steering very heavy, my loader was heavier than the one recommended for it, as it came off my previous tractor.
    It was a fl 80, tractor was light too.. A good weight on the back would solve all those problems I suppose
    It was the reason I changed that tractor

wrangler wrote: »
    I had a rossmore on a 9641, but found the steering very heavy, my loader was heavier than the one recommended for it, as it came off my previous tractor.
    It was a fl 80, tractor was light too.. A good weight on the back would solve all those problems I suppose
    It was the reason I changed that tractor

I'm a total novice in the subject, but when I rang rossmore 18 or so months ago or so they had said an fl 60 was the one to go for alright.

I wouldn't be doing anything especially heavy with it, would it be possible to get as second hand one with a dung fork for around 5 - 6k? Or am I dreaming? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

I'm a total novice in the subject, but when I rang rossmore 18 or so months ago or so they had said an fl 60 was the one to go for alright.

I wouldn't be doing anything especially heavy with it, would it be possible to get as second hand one with a dung fork for around 5 - 6k? Or am I dreaming? :P

If your spending up to 6k your better off buying new. It’s hard to get a secondhand loader with brackets to suit your tractor and there’s a bit of work to modify them.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

kevthegaff wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2014-volvo-l25f-16534/25393767?campaign=14
    Anyone have any idea what their like, would they fill a diet feeder in the future. Considering changing the skidsteer

Grand yoke for tipping around the yard, but the reach isn't great on them, a 35 would be a bit bigger and should be ok for a diet feeder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Always wondered about the stability of those small arctic loaders. That one isn't telescopic so should be better. We had a Matbro teleram years ago and that thing gave us all a fright when you had any lock on with weigh in front.

It depends what feeder you have. Some are low profile suiting smaller sheds and for skid steer loading. Others are very high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

There's one with a FL 80 on her, in one of the photos (picture no. 6) there the loader looks very far out in front, probably the reason I found her unstable

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/zetor-9641/22269788?campaign=6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

There's one with a FL 80 on her, in one of the photos (picture no. 6) there the loader looks very far out in front, probably the reason I found her unstable

I looks like the loader brackets are mounted very far forward on account of the side exhaust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Gillespy wrote: »
    Always wondered about the stability of those small arctic loaders. That one isn't telescopic so should be better. We had a Matbro teleram years ago and that thing gave us all a fright when you had any lock on with weigh in front.

It depends what feeder you have. Some are low profile suiting smaller sheds and for skid steer loading. Others are very high.

You'd want to know what your at with artics in situations where you'd be lifting while turning, they may lift something fine when straight but in the full lock the weight it may safely lift could be 20% less depending on the machine.
    Would prefer something oversized tbh espnif there is a chance where limits may be be reached. Obviously price and size are issues then

Yeah it puts a fair amount of length on the tractor as a whole aswell. I'd be ok with the exhaust issue anyways. My 9641 is the older model with the metal bonnet.

• Advertisement

The newest arrival. It wasn't planned but my Shelbourne Reynolds gave me a lot of trouble and things came to a head in the middle of October. The dealership and Shelbourne decided to take the machine back and give me a full refund. I had issues with oil temperature, constant oil leaks, flails, bolts and a hydraulic ram. Hopefully this machine goes as planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭hopeso

Well wear! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The newest arrival. It wasn't planned but my Shelbourne Reynolds gave me a lot of trouble and things came to a head in the middle of October. The dealership and Shelbourne decided to take the machine back and give me a full refund. I had issues with oil temperature, constant oil leaks, flails, bolts and a hydraulic ram. Hopefully this machine goes as planned.

Thought you were dairying. Go away from them machines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Very good. Why the change from Shelbourne? Was looking at one myself a while ago. Do you put guards or anything on the windows when working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Tileman

Well wear. You must be the first man I know who ever got a full refund from a machinery dealership. You must have good clout or a very big fella 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Tileman wrote: »
    Well wear. You must be the guest man I know who ever got a full refund from a machinery dealership. You must have good clout or a very big fella 😀

It's the three point rule on new machines

Tileman wrote: »
    Well wear. You must be the first man I know who ever got a full refund from a machinery dealership. You must have good clout or a very big fella 😀

I just kept documenting all the issues and I held onto all the parts. The last thing that swung it was an oil sample I took from the machine. I wish I was 6 ft 6 tall though :D

Very good. Why the change from Shelbourne? Was looking at one myself a while ago. Do you put guards or anything on the windows when working?

It was a smashing machine to operate and the bones of the machine was well built. With all the trouble with the machine, the relationship with the dealer and Shelbourne was soured. It was easier to move on.

Lights and gauges arent working on.my skidsteer, is it hard to install new lights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

It was a smashing machine to operate and the bones of the machine was well built. With all the trouble with the machine, the relationship with the dealer and Shelbourne was soured. It was easier to move on.

You did well to get your money back

In many ways it speaks very well of the dealer and shelbourne, most companies nowadays would tell you to clear off

I hope this one is lucky for you and goes well

Advertisement