Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭emaherx

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lights and gauges arent working on.my skidsteer, is it hard to install new lights?

Do you mean install some work lights?
    Fairly straightforward, just get some LED lamps, cable, a switch and an inline fuse and connect directly to battery. Its not the most elegant way to do it but with appropriate sized fuse it will be safe.

You only need a single core cable from battery + to the lamps + as you can connect the lamps - to chassis. Install fuse as close to battery as possible and switch where ever is convenient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

emaherx wrote: »
    Do you mean install some work lights?
    Fairly straightforward, just get some LED lamps, cable, a switch and an inline fuse and connect directly to battery. Its not the most elegant way to do it but with appropriate sized fuse it will be safe.

You only need a single core cable from battery + to the lamps + as you can connect the lamps - to chassis. Install fuse as close to battery as possible and switch where ever is convenient.

Thanks emaherx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lights and gauges arent working on.my skidsteer, is it hard to install new lights?

I take it from this they are installed but have stopped working? Have you checked fuses? Is there any issues with it starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

After market lights and radios are a regular cause of machinery fires. Just be sure it is done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

What sort of skid steer have you kevthegaff?
    Ive a bobcat 753. Original lights are gone, I'll put in leds when I get the other issues sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

What sort of skid steer have you kevthegaff?
    Ive a bobcat 753. Original lights are gone, I'll put in leds when I get the other issues sorted.

Have a mustang 2050, incredible machine but might upgrade as shes 2001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm looking to source some brackets for a Zetor loader. Brackets for a ZL or ZQ. Model is a 2002 9641 with a metal bonnet. I'm told they can be hard to source, hopefully someone here could point me in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭White Clover

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm looking to source some brackets for a Zetor loader. Brackets for a ZL or ZQ. Model is a 2002 9641 with a metal bonnet. I'm told they can be hard to source, hopefully someone here could point me in the right direction.

What make loader? There's a guy in monasterevin that deals in lots of loaders, Fenton is his name i think. I have some vague memory that Mad4simmental that posts here dealt with/knows him.

What make loader? There's a guy in monasterevin that deals in lots of loaders, Fenton is his name i think. I have some vague memory that Mad4simmental that posts here dealt with/knows him.

It's a Zetor loader, TL 120, haven't bought it yet but I know it needs brackets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Gribben Tractors in Armagh. I was told they have a great selection of loaders and brackets when I had a notion of fitting a loader. You can see what they have but always worth ringing as I don't know how updated they keep their website.

http://www.gribbentractors.com/loaders-implements/index.html

• Advertisement

Makes me smile reading through the english based forums where some users seem to be totally bemused by the amount of agri equipment being produced in Ireland (North & South).

Was watching Tom Pemberton getting his new tanker and look where the lights are located on it - right underneath where the pipe hangs. Wouldn't be off the trailer here before it would be sent back. Guy even proudly pointed out the 'hamburgers' :pac:
    Also noticed the end of the pipe was split - wonder was that intentional - can't think why you'd want it split.
    It had a quick fill pump, but limited to 20km/h :confused: I assume those tyres are only rated for that speed fully loaded up?

Even as an Irishman, it is a bit insane how many there are though. New ones keep popping up too.

And to be fair, its mostly decent stuff. You'd not get away with overpriced junk in this market. There will always be a Friday afternoon trailer here and there with everything, though.
    There is also the lorry trailer builders too - SDC, Montracon, Dennison. It is a bit mad, but good too :D

Just seen Carrolls on Grassmen yesterday - never heard of them before, although they seem to be part time trailer builders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Makes me smile reading through the english based forums where some users seem to be totally bemused by the amount of agri equipment being produced in Ireland (North & South).

Was watching Tom Pemberton getting his new tanker and look where the lights are located on it - right underneath where the pipe hangs. Wouldn't be off the trailer here before it would be sent back. Guy even proudly pointed out the 'hamburgers' :pac:
    Also noticed the end of the pipe was split - wonder was that intentional - can't think why you'd want it split.
    It had a quick fill pump, but limited to 20km/h :confused: I assume those tyres are only rated for that speed fully loaded up?

Other than Mchale who produces genuinelly market leading top quality vs the copycat 'too a price' market.

Other than Mchale who produces genuinelly market leading top quality vs the copycat 'too a price' market.

Hi-spec engineering

You say that like it's a bad thing. Still are plenty of those same manufactures putting out well speced stuff when it's asked for. Major for example will make you a tank that will stand up to anything made anywhere. Same with some diet feeders made here. Who cares if the bulk is basic stuff, that's all most farmers need.

Gillespy wrote: »
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Still are plenty of those same manufactures putting out well speced stuff when it's asked for. Major for example will make you a tank that will stand up to anything made anywhere. Same with some diet feeders made here. Who cares if the bulk is basic stuff, that's all most farmers need.
    Sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

I watched that video,
    Thought some parts of the tank design were very poor, the sluice valves the lights as well just to name one or two.

It's not so bad, some nice touches to it too. PrimeX tank built in Preston. No better or worse than what about dozen Irish manufactures would put out.

Talking trailers and tankers here not nuclear reactors. Not all of us are able to dine at the top table when it comes to machinery.
    Would you prefer it if one of the big conglomerates had patents/monopoly on all machinery - rather than a number of small businesses dotted about the place?
    I'm not sure what the "copycat to a price" comment means. Virtually every market has a number of producers producing similar items - be it slurry tankers, hair brushes or jet engines. Everyone can find something that suits their needs, demands and budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Does it prevent it sticking to the bottom of the shed tank when filling a load?

It's not so much the pipe is split but a v-shape notch cut into it. It will stop it sticking to the floor but is a risk of it collapsing in and closing in time. Prefer a bit of angle bolted to the pipe.

Does it prevent it sticking to the bottom of the shed tank when filling a load?

Might be. It must have been intentional as you would have to cut through the ribs to do that.

Talking trailers and tankers here not nuclear reactors. Not all of us are able to dine at the top table when it comes to machinery.
    Would you prefer it if one of the big conglomerates had patents/monopoly on all machinery - rather than a number of small businesses dotted about the place?
    I'm not sure what the "copycat to a price" comment means. Virtually every market has a number of producers producing similar items - be it slurry tankers, hair brushes or jet engines. Everyone can find something that suits their needs, demands and budget.

You've kind of answered your own question, farms doing more work require equipment with a better build quality and so can afford to spend more. Comparing Stewart grain trailer to a smyth or braughan it's the finer details and finishing touches that make life easier down the line for the end user that makes them worth the premium.
    AS in grease lines running to an easy access bank of nipples so it actually gets done rather than being a decorative ornament for occasional use, placing pto nipples on the outside of the yoke. Copycat firms working to a price won't go to the effort where as someone building something to be used more will as the end user wants life to be easier.
    Have you looked at who owns whom latelly nevermind manufacturers piggy backing their product to a more established manufacturer to achieve a larger dealer coverage.

I ended up taking the long trip from north Clare to Manasterevin yesterday, was a long days driving but got what I wanted. Brackets + Joystick and other bits to suit my 9641. Hopefully will get new loader fitted next week all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I ended up taking the long trip from north Clare to Manasterevin yesterday, was a long days driving but got what I wanted. Brackets + Joystick and other bits to suit my 9641. Hopefully will get new loader fitted next week all going well.

You'll be lucky if that man has it done for the new year :D

You'll be lucky if that man has it done for the new year :D

I'll put a bet on with you that I'll have it back Monday week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ohhh I'm off to get the popcorn :D

You've kind of answered your own question, farms doing more work require equipment with a better build quality and so can afford to spend more. Comparing Stewart grain trailer to a smyth or braughan it's the finer details and finishing touches that make life easier down the line for the end user that makes them worth the premium.
    AS in grease lines running to an easy access bank of nipples so it actually gets done rather than being a decorative ornament for occasional use, placing pto nipples on the outside of the yoke. Copycat firms working to a price won't go to the effort where as someone building something to be used more will as the end user wants life to be easier.
    Have you looked at who owns whom latelly nevermind manufacturers piggy backing their product to a more established manufacturer to achieve a larger dealer coverage.

In the real world, only a snob would turn his nose up at a Broughan trailer. Steward didn't invent the trailer you know so going around calling Irish manufacturers ''copycats'' makes no sense. Elitist nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Finest, give the money to the red lad and I'll collect it off him :D

Advertisement