Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Suckler

Odelay wrote: »
    The Germans have a reputation for being honest that I don’t understand. I mean ask any Jewish person their opinion of German

How is that relevant? By that metric everyone of us has a vested interest in shipping our unwed daughters/sisters and their illegitimate babies off to homes. :rolleyes:

German/Dutch/Danish/Scandanavian people I've dealt with have a forthright manner that English/Irish people can take as rude or abrupt, but they are just being honest and upfront with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Did business with dutch n worked in germany for 6 months. They'd be straighter than us anyway! I had to explain the concept of haggling a few times to not much avail! The price is the actual price really, there's nothing built into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

enricoh wrote: »
    Did business with dutch n worked in germany for 6 months. They'd be straighter than us anyway! I had to explain the concept of haggling a few times to not much avail! The price is the actual price really, there's nothing built into it.

I'd much prefer that system. I hate that 'sure come on down and we'll sort something out' type of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I'd much prefer that system. I hate that 'sure come on down and we'll sort something out' type of craic.

Most of the time thats in retaliation to the the future purchasers first question, 'what's the best you'll do on it', and that haven't seen it in the flesh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Most of the time thats in retaliation to the the future purchasers first question, 'what's the best you'll do on it', and that haven't seen it in the flesh.

I've encountered lots of those sorts but then there's lots of lads that seem to think the price of something is akin to the third secret of Fatima. It's very frustrating ringing about something and after going through the particulars to be told that he wants €50 more than what it cost new or worse again "shur come and take a look at it first". I always have a price in mind as to what something is worth to ME, what it's worth to the seller or someone else is there own business. However I wouldn't go to look at something without an intention of buying it provided it turned out to be described and was reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

That was my impression also . Straight to the point and honest and the price is the price. Have a German and Swedish mother tongue friends. Just to see can i get someone to deal in Holland for me .

Thanks all :D
    Suckler wrote: »
    How is that relevant? By that metric everyone of us has a vested interest in shipping our unwed daughters/sisters and their illegitimate babies off to homes. :rolleyes:

German/Dutch/Danish/Scandanavian people I've dealt with have a forthright manner that English/Irish people can take as rude or abrupt, but they are just being honest and upfront with you.

Jb1989 wrote: »

Probably because you have to phone the fncker up in the first instance because they won't put a price on their advert.
    They also sometime have the nerve to put "No time wasters" at the bottom of their advert. :rolleyes: Stop wasting my time and put up the price on it - I'm not driving half way across the province to look at a €2k implement you're looking €4k for when it costs €5k new.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Bazzer007

What type of machine are you importing & the aprox cost of shipping?I've been looking at a few loaders in Germany & Poland. There's wiggle room in the price with the Poles, not sure about the Germans. I have a German friend so I'll ask him. I tried euroauctions but got outbid on a few clean machines. Not vat registered so hard to compete with lads who are.

Im trying to get a clean telescopic Kramer, Schaffer or Weidemann. I haven't looked into transport yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Bazzer007 wrote: »
    What type of machine are you importing & the aprox cost of shipping?I've been looking at a few loaders in Germany & Poland. There's wiggle room in the price with the Poles, not sure about the Germans. I have a German friend so I'll ask him. I tried euroauctions but got outbid on a few clean machines. Not vat registered so hard to compete with lads who are.

Im trying to get a clean telescopic Kramer, Schaffer or Weidemann. I haven't looked into transport yet.

Was talking to a guy before and he said some of the polish machines are worked hard, brother was looking at a fiat over there. Long story short, the guy selling it was dodgy. I bought a fiat here before from a dodge in limerick, decker tried to con me, anyway cancelled cheque and sent the tractor back. Really need to do your homework.. friend bought a few fiats from beaukeveld in Holland, their immaculate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Looking at agitators on donedeal, not a single price on a new one, well over a hundred adverts and no price, boils my piss, what exactly is the big deal with putting a price on an advert FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

Just finished the slurry spreading before the bad weather comes in. It was thick stuff. Might as well have put out the midden with the tanker.

Got finished late and so was thinking about retrofitting LED work lights onto rear of tanker.
    Seems to be 2 trains of though here:
    1. Use fog light wiring in existing cabling
    2. 3-core back to the power socket

I am thinking more to the latter as the tractor doesn't have a fog light switch. I'd put in an inline switch into cable inside the cab to operate the lights in field.
    The D-plug in tractor should have an earth, switched live and a permanent live - so just a matter of ensuring I get wired into switched live.

Has anyone done this before? What approach was taken?

Have the work lights on the tank are done wired into the fog light. There's two LED work lights on the back of the tank. Haven't had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

Looking at agitators on donedeal, not a single price on a new one, well over a hundred adverts and no price, boils my piss, what exactly is the big deal with putting a price on an advert FFS.

Lets say a dealer did put up a price for one. Wouldnt you be much more inclined to buy if you had that money ready and wanted one. Otherwise you could end up putting it off or buying from another dealer whos yard you might happen to be in some day. Whereas if one dealer had the price up and was nearish and you were happy with the price you might just go there the next day and buy it.

raypallas wrote: »
    Have the work lights on the tank are done wired into the fog light. There's two LED work lights on the back of the tank. Haven't had any problems with it.

Don't have a fog light on the tractor and don't want to be splicing into its loom to add one as it is a fresh tractor.
    With the way I'm doing it I can put it on an older tractor here too, if needs be.

Did your tractor have a fog light switch or did you tap into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Bazzer007

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Was talking to a guy before and he said some of the polish machines are worked hard, brother was looking at a fiat over there. Long story short, the guy selling it was dodgy. I bought a fiat here before from a dodge in limerick, decker tried to con me, anyway cancelled cheque and sent the tractor back. Really need to do your homework.. friend bought a few fiats from beaukeveld in Holland, their immaculate

Thanks Kev. A lot of the Polish dealers state their machines are imports from Germany which may not be the case. I notice most of their stock is resprayed. Any idea on the cost to ship a loader from Germany. Have spotted two I like. Going to get my German mate to ring for me. Not much for sale in to NI or in the UK. Hard to know if I should wait a few months as a lot of dealers are struggling to get machinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭French Toast

There's one dealer on DoneDeal who often puts up prices and the rates of finance available. Monthly repayment amount, before and after VAT, the lot.

Definitely is an incentive to do business with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

This craic about not telling prices seems to be a common thing all over.

"Ah now, no need to be starting off with such vulgar things as prices and paying. We're both business men, we both have unlimited funds or so we like to think"

"Here, land up first so I can slather a load of plámás on you with a putty knife first before we go into that"

"I'm gonna suss this fcuker out, if he shows up with a black Mercedes I'm doubling the price!"

"Let me wax lyrical for an hour about this thing first before I mention a price that will send you running for the hills screaming and flailing your arms"

"I'll do a solocheck on him first, he probably has money"

One fella I worked for was absolutely notorious for sussing out. Some of the schite he'd carry on with bate all out. "They're a ___ business, they'll be trouble, break the item and try to return it to us". Other types of business he would chase relentlessly despite he existing customers causing him loads of grief.

Another good one is the lowball. Agreeing a price in principal and when the deal is pretty much over the line it's a case of

Plus the vat
    Shipping
    Various service and support bullsh1t fees
    Tax on the tax
    Vat on the vat
    + €100 treat my family to a nice meal at the weekend fee

Plenty of websites doing the above and various variations. One Dutch crowd I buy off occasionally are dead on though, add item to basket and the amount stays the same the whole way till payment. It's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

How hard did you look?

https://www.donedeal.ie/agitators-for-sale/major-super-pump/14741437

https://www.donedeal.ie/agitators-for-sale/newrock-superflow-brand-new/27106004

https://www.crossagrieng.ie/cross-finance

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

Don't have a fog light on the tractor and don't want to be splicing into its loom to add one as it is a fresh tractor.
    With the way I'm doing it I can put it on an older tractor here too, if needs be.

Did your tractor have a fog light switch or did you tap into it?

Already had a switch in it and the rear socket on the tractor was wired too so no messing there. Had a wrapper a few years ago and had the clock wired the same way so could be worked it on a second tractor. What part of the country are you in? There may be a mobile auto electrician near you that could call and sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Bazzer007 wrote: »
    Thanks Kev. A lot of the Polish dealers state their machines are imports from Germany which may not be the case. I notice most of their stock is resprayed. Any idea on the cost to ship a loader from Germany. Have spotted two I like. Going to get my German mate to ring for me. Not much for sale in to NI or in the UK. Hard to know if I should wait a few months as a lot of dealers are struggling to get machinery.
    Your probably as well off to travel over for a gawk when covid fecks off. Poland are giving Grant's for buying machinery now, so the last time I was over I couldnt believe the gear on the roads, bigger and newer than here so maybe things are changing. You will get mowers, handlers etc alot cheaper over there.

raypallas wrote: »
    Already had a switch in it and the rear socket on the tractor was wired too so no messing there. Had a wrapper a few years ago and had the clock wired the same way so could be worked it on a second tractor. What part of the country are you in? There may be a mobile auto electrician near you that could call and sort it out.

I'll be able to wire it in myself. The Abbey has a fancy junction box so I'll keep it all standard and if we ever sell it, removing is just removing 2 bolts of the lights and pulling cable up the chassis.

• Advertisement

anyone running a mini digger with a hydraulic hitch not a spring or manual version

Looking at Strickland and Hills at moment.

Hills better built it seems but like my own hitch the pins have to be the correct distance and diameter

Strickland would be good enough built but its more flexible with the pin size and spacing

any other manufacturers about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

anyone running a mini digger with a hydraulic hitch not a spring or manual version

Looking at Strickland and Hills at moment.

Hills better built it seems but like my own hitch the pins have to be the correct distance and diameter

Strickland would be good enough built but its more flexible with the pin size and spacing

any other manufacturers about?

I have no ideas but we have to put one on our 3 tonne because the safety woman isn't happy with the semi quick hitch. If you get an idea on the cost I'd be happy to hear it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Bullocks wrote: »
    I have no ideas but we have to put one on our 3 tonne because the safety woman isn't happy with the semi quick hitch. If you get an idea on the cost I'd be happy to hear it

I ve seen two balls to crack off hitches towing 3 ton diggers,rated for it as well

Strickland - 1450 plus vat
    Hills - £1200 plus vat
    Wrights £1458 plus vat from UK manufacturer. Im not even going calling FJS in Kildare to see the euro price on that one

im genuinely siding towards Strickland as it can pick different size pin distance and diameters which would be shocking handy

K.G. wrote: »
    I ve seen two balls to crack off hitches towing 3 ton diggers,rated for it as well

Jaysus! Hopefully that won't happen anyhow .
    But it was the bucket quick hitch attachment I was talking about . We get safety audited every couple of months and the last one she said either normal pins to attach the bucket or full quick hitch . But not the semi that's on it

Strickland - 1450 plus vat
    Hills - £1200 plus vat
    Wrights £1458 plus vat from UK manufacturer. Im not even going calling FJS in Kildare to see the euro price on that one

im genuinely siding towards Strickland as it can pick different size pin distance and diameters which would be shocking handy

Have you to fit /plumb \wire it after that yourself ? Nothing cheap bout them

Have you to fit /plumb \wire it after that yourself ? Nothing cheap bout them

no nut them prices include the fitting kit which are approx. e450/500

• Registered Users Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭roosterman71

New secondhand machine. Have to say, it's fresh.

2021-02-13-11-51-38.jpg

2021-02-13-12-03-22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

New secondhand machine. Have to say, it's fresh.

2021-02-13-11-51-38.jpg

2021-02-13-12-03-22.jpg

You should never have bought that yoke. I have one here (not as fresh as that granted) and it is the most hateful ****ing job on any farm. I almost wish it would give up so I would have an excuse not to do it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Grueller wrote: »
    You should never have bought that yoke. I have one here (not as fresh as that granted) and it is the most hateful ****ing job on any farm. I almost wish it would give up so I would have an excuse not to do it myself.

Too fuppin late now!
    I'll try it for this year anyway and if I go demented it will be up on Donedeal for Christmas

Advertisement