Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

timple23 wrote: »
    Something like this?

https://uk.jvc.com/car-entertainment/iphone/KD-R992BT/

Have a Pioneer Mvh-S420bt still in box, might return it for above one.

So do these not need the memory wire?

I’ve never seen those before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

mayota wrote: »
    Where would I get parts to repair this loader joystick? It’s a Ruby loader.

Those pivot points are 11 euro in farm and industrial in Kilkenny. I cut the top of it and welded on a ball bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

Rossmore/William J Carroll in Tipperary. They used to fit that model joystick to the rossmore loaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

dzer2 wrote: »
    Those pivot points are 11 euro in farm and industrial in Kilkenny. I cut the top of it and welded on a ball bearing.

I have a Ross more joystick but the cover came off, alot easier to click the button now. Would it be harmful not to put it back on

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I have a Ross more joystick but the cover came off, alot easier to click the button now. Would it be harmful not to put it back on

As long as it doesn't get wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

timple23 wrote:
    Is it possible to get a radio to save preset radio stations, they keep getting knocked off when isolation switch is turned off.

Is that isolation switch an afterthought of yours as that seems strange to me that a factory fitted isolator would do that. All the radios and clocks here stay straight I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Is that isolation switch an afterthought of yours as that seems strange to me that a factory fitted isolator would do that. All the radios and clocks here stay straight I believe

Old tractor, already fitted when purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭cjpm

mengele wrote: »
    Yes the jvc ones Have a memory built in. Had to get ones for all my tractors with isolators. Look up halfords for the cheapest jvc and check spec to make sure it has it.

How long does the memory last when the isolator is switched off??

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

cjpm wrote: »
    How long does the memory last when the isolator is switched off??
    It lasts for a week at least. Would probably last forever with isolator turned off until battery goes dead.

https://www.halfords.ie/technology/car-audio/car-stereos/jvc-kdx-262-fm-car-stereo-397822.html

This is the one I got anyway. Could say about other Jvc ones but this one defo has it built in.

https://uk.jvc.com/car-entertainment/usb/KD-X262/

Go down the page in this link and it says "Tuner Preset Memory (for power disconnection)- yes".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It lasts for a week at least. Would probably last forever with isolator turned off until battery goes dead.

https://www.halfords.ie/technology/car-audio/car-stereos/jvc-kdx-262-fm-car-stereo-397822.html

This is the one I got anyway. Could say about other Jvc ones but this one defo has it built in.

Ah. It uses a capacitor to retain memory for a period.

I hadn’t seen those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractortyres-for-sale/710-70-r42-600-70-r28-trelleborg-tyres-30/27224307
    Is this guy off the wall asking for 2k for mostly worn tyres?

https://uk.jvc.com/car-entertainment/usb/KD-X262/

Go down the page in this link and it says "Tuner Preset Memory (for power disconnection)- yes".

Was on the phone to Halfords guy and he said no they didn't they had to have a red and yellow wire.]

(Don't think I'd let them work on my car.)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

ganmo wrote: »

Yes, absolutely mad. Can't see anyone with a brain cell wanting to pay that money for tyres that are as worn as that. He'd do very well to get 500 for them, but most likely a lot less IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭hopeso

mythos110 wrote: »
    Yes, absolutely mad. Can't see anyone with a brain cell wanting to pay that money for tyres that are as worn as that. He'd do very well to get 500 for them, but most likely a lot less IMO

If they're structurally sound, they're worth more than €500. They're big tyres. I wouldn't like to be getting the bill for the new set anyway.

timple23 wrote: »
    Was on the phone to Halfords guy and he said no they didn't they had to have a red and yellow wire.]

(Don't think I'd let them work on my car.)

Look all I can tell you is that I have that JVC unit in 2 different tractors with isolators. Turn isolator off and everything goes off. turn isolator back on and the radio will remember the channels.

I doubt halfords will have any experience with isolators in tractors.

Look all I can tell you is that I have that JVC unit in 2 different tractors with isolators. Turn isolator off and everything goes off. turn isolator back on and the radio will remember the channels.

I doubt halfords will have any experience with isolators in tractors.

Ya I will gamble with one, I've a habit of knocking off isolator every time I am finished with tractor. Kind of annoying having to search for a channel every time.

Definitely a first world problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Got a new one of these in local parts shop. €12. Loader as good as new now. Thanks lads.

This

543883.jpegFeck

• Advertisement

Got a new one of these in local parts shop. €12. Loader as good as new now. Thanks lads.

Make sure to put grease on it when putting it back

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭newholland mad

ganmo wrote: »

No actually. A neighbour is trying to replace a similar size and Michelin are 12k and trelleborg wouldn't be far behind if any. Once you go to the higher aspect tyre ie. the 70 bit they get savage expensive. On a general note tyres have gone up in the last month and are going again in short.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

No actually. A neighbour is trying to replace a similar size and Michelin are 12k and trelleborg wouldn't be far behind if any. Once you go to the higher aspect tyre ie. the 70 bit they get savage expensive. On a general note tyres have gone up in the last month and are going again in short.

Like everything else it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Reggie. wrote: »
    Like everything else it seems

Covid and Brexit are two great excuses for shoving up prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Covid and Brexit are two great excuses for shoving up prices.

What'll be the next excuse I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Reggie. wrote: »
    What'll be the next excuse I wonder

Bounce in the economy after these!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Feck

Is that off the door or window gas strut on the tractor?

Is that off the door or window gas strut on the tractor?

No, that was off the loader joystick . The ‘feck’ was because of the mess I was making trying to post the pic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

No, that was off the loader joystick . The ‘feck’ was because of the mess I was making trying to post the pic.

You only had 7 more clicks of the mouse to go. Also one deletion, it's the deletion where I was going wrong for ages. Another place people get caught out is back in the manage attachments stage, you need to upload it and see the pic on screen before doing step 2 below.

Click on the url to open it in a new window.
    Copy the header where the pic opens
    Go back to your post,
    Click edit,
    click on the little yellow box, it looks like a mountain with the sun in the top corner
    This opens a new box with https written and already highlighted in blue,
    This I think is the tricky bit, delete the https in blue
    Then paste the url that you copied when you opened the pic at step 2 above
    Then hit save.

Hope this helps, admittedly it's not user friendly compared to fb etc.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Just been watching Farm Flix (while supposedly working from home) and they were cutting silage with a self propelled.
    I've no experience of clamp silage - especially on that scale, but it must be a bollox of a job on the self propelled having to look out over your shoulder to see it going out of spout into the trailer.
    Do the modern ones work solely off cameras - or is anyone trying to put the spout ahead of the cab to make the operators day a bit easier?

I would have thought that the way things are going that it wouldn't take much effort to automate the spout to follow the trailer. Just a good camera and some imaging software would take quite a bit of the effort from the operator.
    Maybe I should patent something here!

Advertisement