Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just been watching Farm Flix (while supposedly working from home) and they were cutting silage with a self propelled.
    I've no experience of clamp silage - especially on that scale, but it must be a bollox of a job on the self propelled having to look out over your shoulder to see it going out of spout into the trailer.
    Do the modern ones work solely off cameras - or is anyone trying to put the spout ahead of the cab to make the operators day a bit easier?

I would have thought that the way things are going that it wouldn't take much effort to automate the spout to follow the trailer. Just a good camera and some imaging software would take quite a bit of the effort from the operator.
    Maybe I should patent something here!

Most lads eyeball it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

Just been watching Farm Flix (while supposedly working from home) and they were cutting silage with a self propelled.
    I've no experience of clamp silage - especially on that scale, but it must be a bollox of a job on the self propelled having to look out over your shoulder to see it going out of spout into the trailer.
    Do the modern ones work solely off cameras - or is anyone trying to put the spout ahead of the cab to make the operators day a bit easier?

I would have thought that the way things are going that it wouldn't take much effort to automate the spout to follow the trailer. Just a good camera and some imaging software would take quite a bit of the effort from the operator.
    Maybe I should patent something here!

The trailer jockey is usually responsible for getting the trailer 90% full, the harvester driver will help with the last 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭bamayang

Need a new motor for a bandsaw. Quoted eur240+vat from a local supplier.

They are available for £120 on https://www.electrotechdrives.co.uk/ wonder would they be ok? Or would y get hit with some brexit customs charges?

• Advertisement

bamayang wrote: »
    Need a new motor for a bandsaw. Quoted eur240+vat from a local supplier.

They are available for £120 on https://www.electrotechdrives.co.uk/ wonder would they be ok? Or would y get hit with some brexit customs charges?

What about this crowd? Got a motor off them before.

https://electricalrewinds.ie/

timple23 wrote: »
    What about this crowd? Got a motor off them before.

https://electricalrewinds.ie/

They have one for €190 + vat prob worth going for than taking a chance on something online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I was pricing motors last year for a belt sander i intended to build, found a suitable one on amazon, never got around to building it, anyhow it was sold by a company called "power tools direct" might be worth a google.

What size motor is in the bandsaw?

I was pricing motors last year for a belt sander i intended to build, found a suitable one on amazon, never got around to building it, anyhow it was sold by a company called "power tools direct" might be worth a google.

What size motor is in the bandsaw?

It’s a 1.1kw (1.5hp), it’s a metal cutting saw. Doing it up at the minute, came to me motorless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

blue5000 wrote: »
    You only had 7 more clicks of the mouse to go. Also one deletion, it's the deletion where I was going wrong for ages. Another place people get caught out is back in the manage attachments stage, you need to upload it and see the pic on screen before doing step 2 below.

Click on the url to open it in a new window.
    Copy the header where the pic opens
    Go back to your post,
    Click edit,
    click on the little yellow box, it looks like a mountain with the sun in the top corner
    This opens a new box with https written and already highlighted in blue,
    This I think is the tricky bit, delete the https in blue
    Then paste the url that you copied when you opened the pic at step 2 above
    Then hit save.

Hope this helps, admittedly it's not user friendly compared to fb etc.

I'm obviously missing something, but I just click on the "Attach files" tab and up she goes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Prb asked many times already, what is the deal with importing a 2nd hand tractor from the uk right now. Still 200e vrt? Anything else?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Prb asked many times already, what is the deal with importing a 2nd hand tractor from the uk right now. Still 200e vrt? Anything else?

Only difference is for vat registered entities-before if you were vat reg you didnt pay the vat in the uk whereas now you have to pay and reclaim afterwards or allow it against your vat returns.from what i gather northern can still sell to vat reg irish lads 0 vat provided the tractor was registered in ni prior to jan 1 st.heard of a fella who bought and paid for tractor prior to jan 1st being asked to pay vat again on import after 1 st jan.you need a cert now to say that tractor is clean at import wheter its being enforced or not i dont know

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I'm obviously missing something, but I just click on the "Attach files" tab and up she goes?

It’s easier on a laptop. First you need to upload the photo to one of the photo sites, I use Flickr.com then download a medium sized version of the photo. When you clicked manage attachment a new window opens. Then you have to select the file(photo) then scroll all the way over to the right and click ‘upload’ .

Sorry it’s hard to do and even harder to explain it as one wrong step and you’re basically fookd. What did you get when you clicked‘manage attachment’? Are you on phone or laptop?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

It’s easier on a laptop. First you need to upload the photo to one of the photo sites, I use Flickr.com then download a medium sized version of the photo. When you clicked manage attachment a new window opens. Then you have to select the file(photo) then scroll all the way over to the right and click ‘upload’ .

Sorry it’s hard to do and even harder to explain it as one wrong step and you’re basically fookd. What did you get when you clicked‘manage attachment’? Are you on phone or laptop?
    I’m on phone atm so going to try putting a photo with this. Ok I was able to attach a picture of a new glass in the door of the Fiat sideways directly from the phone but I can’t copy and paste the link so that the photo is in the post here. I even switched from boards touch to ‘full site’ and I still can’t do it.
    544361.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

5-D17-F0-F7-D9-DC-4954-94-B3-56754-C86-A921.jpg

All done on the touch site and on an old Samsung phone in under ten seconds.

Better the right way round.

5-D17-F0-F7-D9-DC-4954-94-B3-56754-C86-A921.jpg

8 seconds.

All done on the touch site and on an old Samsung phone in under ten seconds.

Good man say my name, easy know you're the right side of 50 or perhaps even 40!

I'm using an iphone. Would you mind talking us through the steps as I'm getting stuck pasting the image after I click on the photo icon. I do delete the https that automatically appears in the box. Perhaps Samsung software is easier to use than apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Good man say my name, easy know you're the right side of 50 or perhaps even 40!

I'm using an iphone. Would you mind talking us through the steps as I'm getting stuck pasting the image after I click on the photo icon. I do delete the https that automatically appears in the box. Perhaps Samsung software is easier to use than apple?
    I've given up trying to post pics directly from the iphone as they are always sideways, upside down etc. I now email them to myself, download them onto the laptop and then post them cause it's the only way that I know how too.

For your picture I left my finger sit on the image.
    Then four options came up.
    Open image in new tab.
    Download image.
    Search Google for this image.
    Share this image.

This is done through Chrome.
    I clicked on Download image.

Then I went onto the picture sharing site postimages.org and clicked on Choose images.
    That allowed to me pick your image that was saved on my phone. I clicked on that and it uploaded it onto the site where there's a sharing option with all urls. I clicked on the one direct link.
    And it comes up copied on my phone.
    Then just go into the message on boards which would be an open tab and press your finger in the message and a blue dot comes up and you press that and the link is pasted into the message.
    Then just wrap tags around that link to make the picture show up in that message and not just a url link for that picture.  With good internet speed just a few seconds with your finger dabbing along.  There's no url tags appearing when I paste  it but if I don't put in those img tags and post that message and edit that message or reply to it after. They'll show up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sillycave

Have a small leak (I hope) in radiator of 390t tractor, is there anything you can get to put into radiator to fill small hole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

Sillycave wrote: »
    Have a small leak (I hope) in radiator of 390t tractor, is there anything you can get to put into radiator to fill small hole?

Theres a product called "Radweld". I don't have any experience of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

‘Nova stop’ is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Can you see where the leak is?

Or are you noticing coolant level in radiator dropping?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sillycave

Can you see where the leak is?

Or are you noticing coolant level in radiator dropping?

First noticed coolant level dropping...topped back up and took for a spin could see on rad two lines were wet while the rest were dry....pic attached (I hope) - pic is sideways

544423.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We used Abro Metallic Super Seal. Used it about 4 years ago and no leaks since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭orm0nd

K-Seal is very good and does not clog the cores if used according to the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

a rooter like myself would try a self tapper until I have time to remove it and do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Jeez, u would be fairly sick after this happening, any chance would this lad get compensated from the bank?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/warning-over-online-fraud-after-farmer-loses-a-couple-of-hundred-thousand-euros-to-scam-1153604

enricoh wrote: »
    Jeez, u would be fairly sick after this happening, any chance would this lad get compensated from the bank?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/warning-over-online-fraud-after-farmer-loses-a-couple-of-hundred-thousand-euros-to-scam-1153604

Any time I am buying something online (besides using paypal), send a small amount and wait until they confirm they have received it, then send balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭jaymla627

enricoh wrote: »

It doesn't make sense, every Irish dealer now usually has their bank details on any invoice produced, so how the man in question didn't get a invoice for goods purchased with bank details from machinery crowd that he checked thoroughly usually bank details are listed on alot of companies websites is baffling, also you'd imagine with the amount of money involved in all likelihood which was borrowed the financial institution should of taken care of the transition and ensured its legitamancy

Advertisement