Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Be a post of a harvester soon enough ha

No doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jd_12345

Looking at today’s Grassmen video it looks like one of the new big Krones is gone To Killen’s in NI anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

what price would a stone rake be for a 3 ton digger?
    have the digger.... and a fair size lawn full of big stones looking at me every morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

jd_12345 wrote: »
    Looking at today’s Grassmen video it looks like one of the new big Krones is gone To Killen’s in NI anyway

Looks like it .some crack with 4 pipes and something like11tanks out that day

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Red Sheds

have the digger.... and a fair size lawn full of big stones looking at me every morning.

I have no idea what price a stone rake would be, but I would guess two young lads, a wheelbarrow and crowbar for two days over the Easter Holidays would be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Load of adds on donedeal. Ring one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

400/500 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭cjpm

Neighbour bought a Riddling bucket for a 12T recently.

€1600

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Grueller wrote: »
    That magazine is a crock of ****e. A NH t6.125s was listed at €113,000 last year. I priced a brand new one with an extra spool valve, large hydraulic pump and a quicke Q5m with multi Dock, self levelling and soft drive with an electronic joystick in nh blue. €83k all in. I said it to the dealer afterwards and he laughed and said never mind that yoke, they would sell twice as many tractors if that could be gotten out of circulation.

If that dealer was being serious, he could start advertising his stuff with actual prices.

Fellas reading 100k in the magazine and see dealer Paddy advertising the same machine for 70k are going to give Paddy a ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

https://www.buckets.ie/product/land-rakes/?attribute_pa_machine-weight=1-2-tons&attribute_lawn-or-stone-rake=Lawn&gclid=CjwKCAjwxuuCBhATEiwAIIIz0dlYieOM3T0OetxdH-By28r5QwPzRfxxnGvxPd5wPKD5n7vmTIcaAxoCsRoQAvD_BwE
    550 plus vat for a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

If that dealer was being serious, he could start advertising his stuff with actual prices.

Fellas reading 100k in the magazine and see dealer Paddy advertising the same machine for 70k are going to give Paddy a ring!

He was serious because the tractor is in my yard now

9935452 wrote: »

499 plus vat in pro trailers athlone for a 4 ft. its the rake not the bucket. bucket would be a better job as you could load as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

cjpm wrote: »
    Neighbour bought a Riddling bucket for a 12T recently.

€1600
    499 plus vat in pro trailers athlone for a 4 ft. its the rake not the bucket. bucket would be a better job as you could load as well.

I think the difference in price could be due to the steel used, mild steel for the cheap ones and decent hardox for the expensive ones.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If you had an older bucket in poor shape, an hour with the oxy torch would produce something that'd do the job......

my older bucket needs an hour with the oxy torch to keep it together!

blue5000 wrote: »
    I think the difference in price could be due to the steel used, mild steel for the cheap ones and decent hardox for the expensive ones.

Its not a direct comparison .
    One is a riddling bucket for a 12t excavator for 1600
    The other is a stone rake for a 3t for 499 plus vat
    Different attachments for different sized machines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

my older bucket needs an hour with the oxy torch to keep it together!

I read that first as "my older brother needs an hour with the oxy torch to keep it together." And tought jeezz some guys have it rough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

https://www.donedeal.ie/toppers-for-sale/major-cyclone-topper/27547569

Very nice price for a cyclone, if it actually hasn't been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

New toy arrived today, all we need now is for this ****e weather to go away.

round baler JD 578 with 2m pick up, I have enough horses in front of it for the coming season

How many foot of silage would be ok to rake in front of it ? 20 , 22 , 24?

I don't what it hard on the baler either and was looking for a 20ft rake but there are hard found in 2nd market. Raked with a single roto last year and sure I probably was putting 187ft when heavy and 24ft when a bit lighter but hadn't the power in front of the baler to risk 22/24ft of heavy crop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

round baler JD 578 with 2m pick up, I have enough horses in front of it for the coming season

I don't what it hard on the baler either and was looking for a 20ft rake but there are hard found in 2nd market. Raked with a single roto last year and sure I probably was putting 187ft when heavy and 24ft when a bit lighter but hadn't the power in front of the baler to risk 22/24ft of heavy crop

187ft swarths - lord fock :eek:

oxjkqg wrote: »
    187ft swarths - lord fock :eek:

woops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Drive slower and slower the bigger the row but the baler still needs time to pack the ball. Power requirement to make a bale doesn't change much really unless chopping with blunt knives. Second hand rakes can be a minefield if your budget isn't decent. Some worn out things out there.

We had one for years . Ran it on anything from a 7740 to a tm155. 7740 was just about able for it . If you blocked it it cut the tractor dead. On a bigger tractor slip clutch went .
    As gilllespie says bigger swarth means you have to go slower. We once picked up a heavy wet crop from a big m. Literally bottom gear. .
    A few tips. Carry a can of hair spray or talc for the rollers of the feed for the net.
    Figure out which brand of net it likes and stick to it .
    Every day before you use it , put it into reverse then forward . They are known for internal leakage so it mightnt be fully engaged in forward.
    If you need to use the reverse make sure you can lift and drop the reel afterwards before starting the pto.
    Take off the panels and check the condition of the back door hinges. Check they are tight .
    The mounts for the rams on the back door can break too so check for cracks .
    What year is it btw ?
    We had a 2002 that would chop anything and a 2005 th as t didnt like wiry dry stuff. Supposedly known for it .
    The manuals for it are on the johndeere dot com website with all the fault codes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

We had one for years . Ran it on anything from a 7740 to a tm155. 7740 was just about able for it . If you blocked it it cut the tractor dead. On a bigger tractor slip clutch went .
    As gilllespie says bigger swarth means you have to go slower. We once picked up a heavy wet crop from a big m. Literally bottom gear. .
    A few tips. Carry a can of hair spray or talc for the rollers of the feed for the net.
    Figure out which brand of net it likes and stick to it .
    Every day before you use it , put it into reverse then forward . They are known for internal leakage so it mightnt be fully engaged in forward.
    If you need to use the reverse make sure you can lift and drop the reel afterwards before starting the pto.
    Take off the panels and check the condition of the back door hinges. Check they are tight .
    The mounts for the rams on the back door can break too so check for cracks .
    What year is it btw ?
    We had a 2002 that would chop anything and a 2005 th as t didnt like wiry dry stuff. Supposedly known for it .
    The manuals for it are on the johndeere dot com website with all the fault codes

Excellent summary.

What ever happened John Deere’s grass equipment?

Was a market leader at one time

Excellent summary.

What ever happened John Deere’s grass equipment?

Was a market leader at one time

Balerwise everyone seems to be buying fusions . Mowerwise a lot of people swear by the 1365 ,afaik they dont make it anymore.
    It had a kuhn bed in it. From driving both of them for years, i found the kuhn was superior

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Balerwise everyone seems to be buying fusions . Mowerwise a lot of people swear by the 1365 ,afaik they dont make it anymore.
    It had a kuhn bed in it. From driving both of them for years, i found the kuhn was superior

The Kuhn always made a nicer swarth

But from a company point of view

John Deere ruled the grass sector 20 years ago, in harvesters, mowers and balers.

That’s long gone now

I wonder what happened

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Brand nee 1365 landed near here last year.they had it on the ifj machinery list prices as well,think it was around 25 k

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭French Toast

John Deere ruled the grass sector 20 years ago, in harvesters, mowers and balers.

That’s long gone now

I wonder what happened

I was told once Claas balers and mowers were given less and less push once they started going well with tractors and the self propelleds, more money in them.

Wonder is JD the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I was told once Claas balers and mowers were given less and less push once they started going well with tractors and the self propelleds, more money in them.

Wonder is JD the same.

I had a deere F441 R out on demo. It was an animal to take in grass and quick to net. It is well built but it didn't like short grass. It sat in the gap between the pick up and chopper

Advertisement