Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

wrangler wrote: »
    A friend specified this on his new trailer, end of borrowing

https://dromone.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Ball-Spoon-Brochure.pdf

They are meant to be a great option. Removes all slap you get with a normal puh eye setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Reggie. wrote: »
    What are ya holding up? RAM mounts are good but expensive

I mounted my monitors to the bar on the door
    Baler controls - heavy old one. Was going to mount a dock for phone etc on it too - if I could fine one. Currently using a suction cup, but they are not great.

I could use the door handle, but was wondering if they had one for it.
    Surely they give a few bolt holes too make one of your own atleast on the 2 corner posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Baler controls - heavy old one. Was going to mount a dock for phone etc on it too - if I could fine one. Currently using a suction cup, but they are not great.

I could use the door handle, but was wondering if they had one for it.

Best type phone holder out there i find. Just find which bike type ya want and connect it to the bar.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08V59SBQ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_YYNQG58Z8X4436G5CGMC

Surely they give a few bolt holes too make one of your own atleast on the 2 corner posts?

I had thought they went out from back pillar and then up into the roof frame at a right angle, but I didn't see any blanks when I looked - will take a closer look today and see what they have.

Edit - just checked there are two on rear pillar at an awkward angle. The only things I see forward of that are what looks like trim buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

They are meant to be a great option. Removes all slap you get with a normal puh eye setup.

My uncle had a ball hitch on his cattle trailer maybe fifty years ago. the ball was on a swan neck thing on the trailer and the spoon was on the tractor,
    It was bolted to the old abbey hitches that used to be on 20s and 35s and maybe 135s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭minerleague

A friend specified this on his new trailer, end of borrowing

https://dromone.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Ball-Spoon-Brochure.pdf

Until they decide to borrow tractor and trailer!

Until they decide to unsuccessfully try to borrow tractor and trailer!

Fixed that for you :D

Drums of oil going up 20%

Servicing about to get alot more expensive on lads

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭French Toast

Drums of oil going up 20%

Servicing about to get alot more expensive on lads

Grease to do the same I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭MfMan

So, the turbo nozzle on the power washer isn't working; it produces an odd spurt of power output before eventually dying altogether and only producing a trickle. When I swap in the regular nozzle, it works as expected with a good stream of power. Do turbo nozzles 'go wrong'? Could they be clogged with a bit of dirt or could it be the ceramic ball that's cracked, rendering it useless? It's the first time in 6 years' use that it's given a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jd_12345

MfMan wrote: »
    So, the turbo nozzle on the power washer isn't working; it produces an odd spurt of power output before eventually dying altogether and only producing a trickle. When I swap in the regular nozzle, it works as expected with a good stream of power. Do turbo nozzles 'go wrong'? Could they be clogged with a bit of dirt or could it be the ceramic ball that's cracked, rendering it useless? It's the first time in 6 years' use that it's given a problem.

The key there is 6 years. It’s worn out at this stage! We change every 18 months and when I was buying my last one I thought it was very soon. I asked the lads at the tool hire wherei was buying the new one was that strange and they said they last 6 months-year on hire

jd_12345 wrote: »
    The key there is 6 years. It’s worn out at this stage! We change every 18 months and when I was buying my last one I thought it was very soon. I asked the lads at the tool hire wherei was buying the new one was that strange and they said they last 6 months-year on hire

I guess, though mine wouldn't definitely be overworked, just 3/4 days work per year washing down the slatted shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

MfMan wrote: »

They do go, could do put it in a jar of diesel to see if something is siezed.

I remember replacing one before.

timple23 wrote: »
    They do go, could do put it in a jar of diesel to see if something is siezed.

I remember replacing one before.

they're not expensive ....80 yo yos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

MfMan wrote:

Got a new power washer a couple year ago and the turbo nozzle worked just once, salesman reckoned it got dropped or something because the ceramic inside is easily broken, I was absolutely sickened...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Got fittings put on the lance from the electric washer so I could share the turbo nozzle with the pto washer to do the sheds however haven't used it at all. With enough pressure I find the flat one that came with it will do the job just as quickly. Essential on less powerful washers for some jobs though.

Got a new power washer a couple year ago and the turbo nozzle worked just once, salesman reckoned it got dropped or something because the ceramic inside is easily broken, I was absolutely sickened...

Did he charge you full price for a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Gillespy wrote: »
    Got fittings put on the lance from the electric washer so I could share the turbo nozzle with the pto washer to do the sheds however haven't used it at all. With enough pressure I find the flat one that came with it will do the job just as quickly. Essential on less powerful washers for some jobs though.

I alway thought the same until i tried the turbo nozzle on the pto washer.
    In general there is nothing to beat the pto washer but found the turbo nozzle on the pto washer was even better again.
    I couldnt go back to a petrol or electric one again

enricoh wrote: »

If I want something under €100, I just buy it local, i wouldn't be bothered taking the time to price around. I wonder how many of the people buying online were up on their high horse about ICM importing lambs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭davidk1394

If I want something under €100, I just buy it local, i wouldn't be bothered taking the time to price around. I wonder how many of the people buying online were up on their high horse about ICM importing lambs

I'm the same, if I can buy it locally without feeling I'm being robbed that's what I'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Problem is when you have to return something, it's a lot hardier dropping back to the local co.op without a docket even

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

9935452 wrote: »
    I alway thought the same until i tried the turbo nozzle on the pto washer.
    In general there is nothing to beat the pto washer but found the turbo nozzle on the pto washer was even better again.
    I couldnt go back to a petrol or electric one again

I bought a diesel one with a yanmar engine and a hawk pump. Super machine, every bit as powerful as the pto and no hardship hooking to a tractor and taking it off every time you want to do something with her

Anyway, I steeped this in diesel overnight, unscrewed it apart this morning and took out its component parts, blew them out a bit (no apparent blockage), put back together again. Working again as new. Must have been a slight bit of dirt or other obstacle hindering it. (I do strain the water supply). €60 odd euro saved for now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Grueller wrote: »
    I bought a diesel one with a yanmar engine and a hawk pump. Super machine, every bit as powerful as the pto and no hardship hooking to a tractor and taking it off every time you want to do something with her

Thats the one thing i miss about the petrol one. Being able to pull it out . Hook up a water supply and off you went . The electric was a bit more annoying as you had a power cable as well.
    We have a good few vintage tractors around so a powerwasher gets left on one of them.
    Its good for them to get a hard run every so often

Did he charge you full price for a replacement?

Never bothered to change it, when I heard the price of the new nozzle I said to hell with that I'll live without it... Pity really

Can pattern parts for a john deere be obtained. Got a 1950 which has a broken gear shift console. Not a big issue but the shifter is jamming at times due to the h pattern cover not being held securely in place.
    JD are quoting £156 for the plastic console, not really wanting to pay that amount for it. I can live with it, but if the cost was lower I'd get it fixed.

Never bothered to change it, when I heard the price of the new nozzle I said to hell with that I'll live without it... Pity really

So you still have it? Poster up above fixed theirs - but be worth a try unless you've binned it.

So you still have it? Poster up above fixed theirs - but be worth a try unless you've binned it.

God only knows where it is a this stage, it's been a few years

• Advertisement

Can pattern parts for a john deere be obtained. Got a 1950 which has a broken gear shift console. Not a big issue but the shifter is jamming at times due to the h pattern cover not being held securely in place.
    JD are quoting £156 for the plastic console, not really wanting to pay that amount for it. I can live with it, but if the cost was lower I'd get it fixed.

Apart from John Conaty and Nick Young (UK) - is there anyone else who might have this part (L64299)?
    Link

Advertisement