Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Try the breakers down in Cork, Tanners and Courtmacsharry, Clifford's in Kerry, Dillons in Donegal, Trillick Tractors in Tyrone and McDonagh Engineering, also in Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Apart from John Conaty and Nick Young (UK) - is there anyone else who might have this part (L64299)?
    Link

Any photo of the broken cover, could it be repaired using fiberglass repair kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭hopeso

timple23 wrote: »
    Any photo of the broken cover, could it be repaired using fiberglass repair kit?

A plastic welder might be another option....

hopeso wrote: »
    A plastic welder might be another option....

3D printer,an option going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Gudstock wrote: »
    Anyone here have any experience of Case Maxxums with the Multicontroller spec, say from 2009 to 2012? I think the multicontroller specced maxxums have Range Command and electric spools. These seem to be priced keener than say similar NHs. Any advice?

Good tool in general. 100, 110 in 4 cylinder, 115, 125, and 140hp in 6 cylinder. Not a huge amount to go wrong. Not Range Command based, driveline based on the old Ford 40 series SLE 16x16 gearbox. (To get Range Command equivalent, you have to go up to the Puma of same era, 125, 140 and 155 Tier 3, 18/19 x 6 gearbox in those).
    40k ECO and 50k option with addition of 17th gear.
    Once maintained properly they don’t give much bother, keep brakes in mind if a potential purchase had a lot of road work in previous life. Few electrical niggles here and there but the remote valve pilot heads do fail, few hundred €€ each to repair when they do go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

timple23 wrote: »

Attached now. Repair is looking likely now, but it will be whenever we get around to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone have dealing with Goff in Wexford. Seems to be taking in Chinese stuff and rebranding it from what I can make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Attached now. Repair is looking likely now, but it will be whenever we get around to it!

If you have the broken off piece, a lad that does plastic welding of car bumpers could probably sort it.
    You don't need the plastic "gate" piece anyway, its only for looks.
    Leave it off till you get the top panel fixed/replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭divillybit

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/mf-100-200-series-rear-lifting-rams/27854954?campaign=14

Just curious, but would an assister ram like in the done deal ad link above work on a MF 165?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

divillybit wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/mf-100-200-series-rear-lifting-rams/27854954?campaign=14

Just curious, but would an assister ram like in the done deal ad link above work on a MF 165?

Probably only lift the nose then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭divillybit

There's a good front loader on it, so no problem to put extra weight out in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭emaherx

divillybit wrote: »

Yes it should, backends of MF 100,200,500,600 and 300 are all very similar, probably some newer models too.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Tractor air filter. Any odds in a genuine dealer one verus spurious,aside from the price. Need to change it.dealer is half hour up the road.local garage is a few minutes away & likely have a spurious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

Nobbies wrote: »
    Tractor air filter. Any odds in a genuine dealer one verus spurious,aside from the price. Need to change it.dealer is half hour up the road.local garage is a few minutes away & likely have a spurious one.

Spurious will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

I am going to look at a bogballe fertiliser spreader at the weekend. What are the common issues to look out for lads?
    This one is being sold following the passing of the owner. The man selling it has had it valued but can't tell me if it is 1.5 or 2 tonne nor what spread width the discs are. I have no experience of disc spinners as we always had wagtails here until now. So how do I know the spread width and how will I know the hopper capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Dozer1

I've a bogballe L1 plus needs 1 extension to hold 2 big bags. as for the obvious I'd be watching for rust as mine has a few spots and the condition of the vanes as they are pricey.

There website covers the spread width with good examples of the vanes.
    fine solid spreader I'm beef farming so probably not spreading as much as others hear who could advise better.

like all others they are hard enough to put on, but luckily I got a KRM(bogballe) lifter and its a pleasure now to attach and use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

what bale handlers are people using?..have a mchale softhands here and hate it with a passion for stacking silage,..thinking of buying a roller type or elephant trunk type...the trunk type is supposed to be a great job but the roller type with the removable sleeve would be far more practical durin the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Two variations, you have the elephant trunk and the swan neck. Its where the ram is positioned and how they open. Both are excellent. The option of using the other one for the winter is fine but it's extra wear and they get sloppy fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭roosterman71

what bale handlers are people using?..have a mchale softhands here and hate it with a passion for stacking silage,..thinking of buying a roller type or elephant trunk type...the trunk type is supposed to be a great job but the roller type with the removable sleeve would be far more practical durin the winter

Elephant trunk here. Got one built last year and sold the McHale roller one we had. Elephant trunk is much faster and doesn't tear the wrap as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

How much space does the elephant trunk leave between bales?

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »
    How much space does the elephant trunk leave between bales?

Depends on the use case. Stacking on a trailer you need to leave space for the roller to get down to pick up again. In a yard, just enough to take out the roller and you can push in the bale then. Or if you're more skilled put the bottom nearest the loader down first and release the trunk. Other end should fall in close to the bales behind. That one takes practice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Depends on the use case. Stacking on a trailer you need to leave space for the roller to get down to pick up again. In a yard, just enough to take out the roller and you can push in the bale then. Or if you're more skilled put the bottom nearest the loader down first and release the trunk. Other end should fall in close to the bales behind. That one takes practice :D

stacking on the trailer is one of the main problems with soft hands bales need to be spaced a few inches to avoid pinching the plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Gillespy wrote: »
    Two variations, you have the elephant trunk and the swan neck. Its where the ram is positioned and how they open. Both are excellent. The option of using the other one for the winter is fine but it's extra wear and they get sloppy fast.

Which one is better though? Between those two - elephant trunk or swan neck? For different circumstances/uses

Which one is better though? Between those two - elephant trunk or swan neck? For different circumstances/uses

I went with the elephant trunk. Easier turn them up on their end if you want to stack that way

I went with the elephant trunk. Easier turn them up on their end if you want to stack that way

Any difference in price?

If you don't want to put them on their ends, then how would they compare otherwise?

We got ours made by a local engineer/fabricator lad
    Michael Holohan Engineering Steel Fabricator
    The father actually had the swan one bought but I got that changed when I heard as a lot of lads we move bales for stack on the end and I felt it would be much harder to move the end out of the way when turning up the bale. We got him to make the elephant trunk one instead. It was the first one yer man built. Few pics here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114144913&postcount=1322

I know the elephant one is more expensive but I couldn't tell ya how much. The father drove a hard bargain and gave nothing extra only the promise to promote his work. So far he's got him 5/6 orders

We got ours made by a local engineer/fabricator lad
    Michael Holohan Engineering Steel Fabricator
    The father actually had the swan one bought but I got that changed when I heard as a lot of lads we move bales for stack on the end and I felt it would be much harder to move the end out of the way when turning up the bale. We got him to make the elephant trunk one instead. It was the first one yer man built. Few pics here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114144913&postcount=1322

I know the elephant one is more expensive but I couldn't tell ya how much. The father drove a hard bargain and gave nothing extra only the promise to promote his work. So far he's got him 5/6 orders

There are one on DD with a price of 1400 but don't look as heavy or well made as your one

https://www.donedeal.ie/silagegrabs-for-sale/new-elephant-trunks-squeezers/27872225?campaign=14

The JM ones look fairly well made. No idea of the price though

Edit: Your one on DD for 1250 https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarmmachinery-for-sale/elephant-trunk-c-w-euro-hitch/26016652?campaign=14

That's actually my one in the picture. It was left in that shop as a bit of advertisement for yer man making them.

Neighbour has the Shirley one. Got it last year too. Dunno what he thinks of it. He'll be over giving a hand moving bales shortly and I'll ask him. Definitely isn't as heavy as my own

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

What about the TR3 ones?

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    What about the TR3 ones?

They are supposed to be very good alright. No idea of price. Never looked into it.

Advertisement