Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

They are supposed to be very good alright. No idea of price. Never looked into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Grueller wrote: »
    I am going to look at a bogballe fertiliser spreader at the weekend. What are the common issues to look out for lads?
    This one is being sold following the passing of the owner. The man selling it has had it valued but can't tell me if it is 1.5 or 2 tonne nor what spread width the discs are. I have no experience of disc spinners as we always had wagtails here until now. So how do I know the spread width and how will I know the hopper capacity?

i can forget about it so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Reggie. wrote: »

1700 incl vat

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

timple23 wrote: »
    1700 incl vat

Holy jaysus. I thought the 1400 was inc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Reggie. wrote: »
    Holy jaysus. I thought the 1400 was inc

https://jmagridesign.com/product/tr-3-bale-handler/

Add to cart and vat will show in checkout.

There one up for auction maybe a month ago, second hand, was bid to 1600 excluding fees, new one would be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

grassroot1 wrote: »
    i can forget about it so.....

You were thinking of it too? A brand new 2 tonne with lights and cover in farm services in Coolgreaney is €7500 including VAT. This one might be too dear with that info in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭893bet

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28199218

This look ok lads? Just looking for a simple way of stacking silage bales. Will need to get brackets changed by the looks of it. Assuming 200 euro cost or there about for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭roosterman71

893bet wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28199218

This look ok lads? Just looking for a simple way of stacking silage bales. Will need to get brackets changed by the looks of it. Assuming 200 euro cost or there about for that.

I'd be hoping to get something a lot cleaner for 650

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭893bet

I'd be hoping to get something a lot cleaner for 650

There ain’t a lot out there really. Second hand machinery thin on ground. Could prob get new for 1100 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

You were thinking of it too? A brand new 2 tonne with lights and cover in farm services in Coolgreaney is €7500 including VAT. This one might be too dear with that info in mind.

Just caught my eye when I was going through the list have been thinking of changing. Plus23% vat and commission of 5 or 10% makes it scaldy if your not careful.

• Advertisement

Just caught my eye when I was going through the list have been thinking of changing. Plus23% vat and commission of 5 or 10% makes it scaldy if your not careful.

The VAT is a killer when you're not registered alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

new prodig handler with the spikes and removable rollers is €1350 inc vat

fairbrother and jm agri elephants trunk handlers are €1700 inc vat

scully handler is €1550 inc vat

looking like ill be working the softhands for another season anyway at that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Is the soft hands really that bad??or just if your bales are a touch soft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

ruwithme wrote: »
    Is the soft hands really that bad??or just if your bales are a touch soft?

i just dont get on with it,leafy grass bales are better stacked on their side which isn't really an option with the softhands and unless you leave a gap between bales on a trailer or stack you will damage the plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭hopeso

i just dont get on with it,leafy grass bales are better stacked on their side which isn't really an option with the softhands and unless you leave a gap between bales on a trailer or stack you will damage the plastic

Would you not be able to slide them gently together in the stack once you've tipped them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

Elephant trunk is something I’ve been meaning to buy the last few years but there’s just always somewhere else the money is needed.

We’ve static lifters, the roller type and soft hands and we use them all depending on where and what way we’re stacking. I’m not a fan of the soft hands at all. It’s fine to use on strong dry silage but for anyone trying to make leafy quality bales I think they do more harm than good. First of all I think squeezing the bales in to load and unload can cause air pockets to form. It’s hard to stack them tight unless you can come at the stack from a 45 degree angle. I do the same when unloading from the trailer, come at them at a 45 degree angle so you’re not trying to get the hands in between 2 bales. If it’s a short draw or no road work on the draw I leave them well spaced out on the trailer, much easier then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,597 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Last local Quinn machinery auction there I had a few pieces for sale.
    The commission was taken off me not the buyer.
    So say it made 900. 90 was taken off my 900 leaving me with 810.
    Could be the same this time.

Last local Quinn machinery auction there I had a few pieces for sale.
    The commission was taken off me not the buyer.
    So say it made 900. 90 was taken off my 900 leaving me with 810.
    Could be the same this time.

I think both sides pay SMN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,597 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I think both sides pay SMN.

They're definitely raking in then so.

Still ..might be worth a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭French Toast

Thinking about the economics of a 2000 gallon tanker and a dribble bar / trailing shoe. I'd get 60% back via TAMS.

There seems to be reasonable value in 2nd hand tanks. Would a man be better off buying one of those and drawing the grant on the shoe alone? Or going all out and buying a new tanker, shoe and all? Don't want blowing money on brand new gear if there's value 2nd hand.

Any opinions welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Thinking about the economics of a 2000 gallon tanker and a dribble bar / trailing shoe. I'd get 60% back via TAMS.

There seems to be reasonable value in 2nd hand tanks. Would a man be better off buying one of those and drawing the grant on the shoe alone? Or going all out and buying a new tanker, shoe and all? Don't want blowing money on brand new gear if there's value 2nd hand.

Any opinions welcome.

Ordered a tank 9 months ago and still no sign of it, they're after going up about 25% in the last 6 months as well, think you'd be as well off looking at second hand tanks, lots of good ones around for reasonable money, if I could go back I'd do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Whatever the difference between air brakes and hydraulic on a dump trailer lads? Which is more reliable

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Any opinions welcome.

The big hidden cost in second hand tanks is tyres,could set you back 4k to get good rating tyres in bigger ones.also the cheaper tanks tend to be the tanks with axle too far forward and not very suitable fordribble/trailing conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Could anyone tell me if I can buy spurious Malone tedder tines anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Whatever the difference between air brakes and hydraulic on a dump trailer lads? Which is more reliable

I think air brakes come on a split second faster. No real difference reliability wise, maybe the hydraulic rams would get slacker after a good few years.

Say a 20 ton dump trailer, how much stone would it fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Air brakes are safer because you’ve to build up air pressure to release them...hydraulic brakes build pressure to apply the brakes. Therefore you’ve brakes with a broken air hose, and no brakes with a broken hydraulic hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Say a 20 ton dump trailer, how much stone would it fit?

Depends on the size of the stone...!

Sounds like you’re going at ‘the buildings’?

Was thinking of trading in my 10 ton, she has no brakes and I do a nice bit of work with it! A good dump trailer lasts along time

• Advertisement

Depends on the size of the stone...!

Sounds like you’re going at ‘the buildings’?

Lol, has machinery prices risen over in France? Do you see them stabilising?

Advertisement