Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast vpn

Options
  • 28-08-2019 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Possibly a ridiculous question but pardon my ignorance.
    I am trying to cast from my phone to Nvidia shield while both devices are connected to the same VPN server. I am given the option to cast and the phone screen gives option to connect to shield but nothing happening on screen.
    Does this just not work and forget about the idea or is there something else I need to do?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

It depends on the configuration of the VPN server.
    If it's a public one, all connected devices should be isolated from each other.
    Are you connecting both devices with the same account?

If it's a VPN server you've set up yourself or know the administrator you should ask them to set up options to make the devices visible to each other.
    It's not very likely though!

An alternative might be to see if you can connect your router to the VPN instead of your phone and shield.
    Then they should still be able to see each other as they're on the same LAN - the LAN just gets it's internet connection via the VPN.
    At the moment both devices are getting all their network connections via VPN so they're not really on the same LAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

Thank you. I will try to connect the router.
    The two devices are signed in on the same account alright but as you say can't see each other.
    Thanks for answering

Advertisement