Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruined Abbey/castle just off N51 Navan - Athboy Road.

Options
  • 29-08-2019 12:50am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, regular member of boards but new to the Meath forum.

I’m wondering if anyone could help me out.

This evening myself and my OH were out on a drive around the country and when on the N51 road between the M3 Navan West interchange and Athboy - I noticed a striking looking historic building on the Navan side of Athboy.

It looked like either a monastic abbey or a castle (or a bit of both) - it was on the left hand side of the road, about maybe 150 to 200 metres off the road - but I’ve never heard of a historic building near that location.

And know for sure it isn’t Bective Abbey - I’ve been there many years ago, and I know Meath is dotted with rich historical built heritage, but does anyone here know what this place might be and if it can be visited?:)

Comments

Advertisement