If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips TV + Soundbar

Options
  • 29-08-2019 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Returning customer here. We are treating my parents to a TV and soundbar combo. The TV I would like would be either 55PUS6554 or 55PUS6754. I presume it’s only a minor difference between the 2? I currently myself have a 6 series 50-inch Philips TV and I think for that price, gives one of the better pictures.

Now to the soundbar, which I don't have much experience of.  The parents would not be looking for the latest functionality. Just something that will be connected to the above TV.  I was thinking of either the Sony HTCT290 or the Polk SIGNA S2? Main requirement is HDMI ARC so one remote for both.
    Delivery to Rep of Ireland and a boardie price of course 😊
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

djsim101 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Returning customer here. We are treating my parents to a TV and soundbar combo. The TV I would like would be either 55PUS6554 or 55PUS6754. I presume it’s only a minor difference between the 2? I currently myself have a 6 series 50-inch Philips TV and I think for that price, gives one of the better pictures.

Now to the soundbar, which I don't have much experience of.  The parents would not be looking for the latest functionality. Just something that will be connected to the above TV.  I was thinking of either the Sony HTCT290 or the Polk SIGNA S2? Main requirement is HDMI ARC so one remote for both.
    Thanks guys.
    Hi Djsim101.

Very few differences between the two.
    The 6754 is the Ambi Light version and has slightly better motion processing which in turn would make it a little better for viewing sports.

Either of the two soundbars would do the job but the Sony in my opinion would just pip it.

The 55PUS6754 would be the web listed pricing of £549 sterling (There is a voucher code (TV30) which I can add to the sterling dropping it to £519 with £6.99 shipping.

The 55PUS6554 currently priced at £499 with £6.99 shipping. No voucher available on this one unfortunately.

Polk Signa S2 priced at £149 - I could drop it to £139 along with either TV's.

Sony HTCT290 priced at £182 - This would be the best price on this one.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys.
    Hi Djsim101.

The 6754 is the Ambi Light version and has slightly better motion processing which in turn would make it a little better for viewing sports.

Either of the two soundbars would do the job but the Sony in my opinion would just pip it.

The 55PUS6754 would be the web listed pricing of £549 sterling (There is a voucher code (TV30) which I can add to the sterling dropping it to £519 with £6.99 shipping.

The 55PUS6554 currently priced at £499 with £6.99 shipping. No voucher available on this one unfortunately.

Thanks Kenny, let me talk to other family members to get the green light. If the Sony pips it, we might go the Polk Signa. I will get back to you though :-) 

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys.
    Hi Djsim101.

Thanks Kenny, let me talk to other family members to get the green light. If the Sony pips it, we might go the Polk Signa. I will get back to you though :-) 
    No worries Djsim101.

Let me know when you have came to a decision :)

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys.
    Hi Djsim101.

No worries Djsim101.

Hi Kenny, might put an extra few ££ towards a soundbar. I bought a Denon 5.1 from you guys a few years back and like the brand. I see the Denon DHTS316. Would you recommend that one, or something else in and around that price range? Or will the other two suggestions above would do? I could see the remote with the Polk being an issue. 

Hi Folks,

Delivery to Rep of Ireland and a boardie price of course ��
    Thanks guys.
    Hi Djsim101.

No worries Djsim101.

Hi Kenny, might put an extra few ££ towards a soundbar. I bought a Denon 5.1 from you guys a few years back and like the brand. I see the Denon DHTS316. Would you recommend that one, or something else in and around that price range? Or will the other two suggestions above would do? I could see the remote with the Polk being an issue. 
    Hey Djsim101.

The DHTS316 is a decent soundbar but at the £249 price I would for the Yamaha YAS207 which is the same price of £249
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny, could you price me up so for the TV and the Yamaha YAS207 with delivery , thanks :-)

Thanks Kenny, could you price me up so for the TV and the Yamaha YAS207 with delivery , thanks :-)
    Hi Djsim101.

Price with the 55PUS6554 with the YAS207 would be £754.99 delivered.

The 55PUS6754 with the YAS207 would come in at £774.99 delivered.

Thanks Kenny for all your help. If I could ask one more favour.
    Could you also price me the 50inch version of the TV (50PUS6554)
    Just thinking the 55 inch might be a little big.
    Thanks,

Thanks Kenny for all your help. If I could ask one more favour.
    Could you also price me the 50inch version of the TV (50PUS6554)
    Just thinking the 55 inch might be a little big.
    Thanks,
    Hey DjSim101.

No problem at all.

50PUS6554 with the YAS207 would come in at £668.00 Delivered.

Hey Kenny, good evening sir. Nearly ready to pull the trigger, However you quote me for the 6754 as well (50 inch version) The 50inch would fit better in the sitting room :-)

Thanks man

• Advertisement

Hey Kenny, good evening sir. Nearly ready to pull the trigger, However you quote me for the 6754 as well (50 inch version) The 50inch would fit better in the sitting room :-)

Thanks man
    Hey DJSim101.

No problem at all.

The 50PUS6754 and the YAS207 together would come in at £703 Deliver.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.