Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal a ban

Options
  • 29-08-2019 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned for a month on the lgbt forum.

The reason that I was being uncivil and confrontational was made which I don't accept.
    I tried contacting the mod ...twice seeking clarification and he has refused to reply....so much for being civil.

Anyway I'm now appealing the ban.

The grounds for were unfounded.
    I was in discussion with other mods of the forum with genuine questions and opinions who appeared to have no issue engaging with me.

There was also no on thread warning which would have been fair process.

Instead a month ban comes out of no where.

I'll post the PM's separately. I'm on my phone.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Search Boards.ie
    You have been banned BACK
    L.Jenkins
    Date: 26/08/2019 | 23:45
    Dear tatranska,

You have been banned from Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender for one month for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

L.Jenkins

Moderator Note

Use of such language is unacceptable in any forum here on boards.

Your post:Quote: tatranska
    Mod Note: The rules are there for a reason. Please read them next time before posting.

To: L.Jenkins
    Date: 26/08/2019 | 23:49
    Hi I'd appreciate if you could be more specific as to what language I was using that was particularly uncivil.
    Thanks.

To: L.Jenkins
    Date: 28/08/2019 | 11:28
    Is there any chance of a response or is being ignored your answer?
    Thanks

That's all contact with the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I just let the CMods know. Please give them some time to respond.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi tatranska, I’ll look into this for you. Please give me a little bit of time to get in contact with the LGBT mods. Appreciate you posting your PMs, that certainly speeds things up.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Hi tatranska, I’ll look into this for you. Please give me a little bit of time to get in contact with the LGBT mods. Appreciate you posting your PMs, that certainly speeds things up.

Thanks Faith.

Hi tatranska,

I've looked into this for you. For the record, the post that led to the ban (since edited) said:
    Where did all this "straight" nonsense come from anyway?
    I'm not straight. I'm a heterosexual man, not that I go around shouting from the rooftops I'm heterosexual.
    On the other hand we have "bent" people ( opposite of straight) telling the world they are bent and telling everyone who isn't bent that they should accept being bent as normal, otherwise they have a phobia of people.

Bent is a very offensive term and is generally considered to be homophobic. As the LGBT forum states
    8. Abusive language that is homophobic/transphobic will not be tolerated and the persons posting it will be banned from the forum.

It also states
    We do however insist that people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender or another identity have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and that the forum be treated as a safe space for LGBT+ people.

The overall ethos of this forum is one of equality and inclusiveness. There is an expectation with that of mature, civil, constructive discussion.

It looks to me that your post was a clear violation of the forum charter, and was likely designed to be inflammatory. I agree with the forum moderators that the post warranted a ban. However, given that you have not been banned from the forum before, the forum moderators have generously agreed to reduce it to a week, with the proviso that any further charter breaches will be dealt with by bans of increasing length.

If you agree with this, I will reduce your ban and mark the thread as resolved. You may also request an Admin review if you don't agree and wish to continue the dispute.

Faith wrote: »
    Hi tatranska,

I've looked into this for you. For the record, the post that led to the ban (since edited) said:

Bent is a very offensive term and is generally considered to be homophobic. As the LGBT forum states

It also states

It looks to me that your post was a clear violation of the forum charter, and was likely designed to be inflammatory. I agree with the forum moderators that the post warranted a ban. However, given that you have not been banned from the forum before, the forum moderators have generously agreed to reduce it to a week, with the proviso that any further charter breaches will be dealt with by bans of increasing length.

If you agree with this, I will reduce your ban and mark the thread as resolved. You may also request an Admin review if you don't agree and wish to continue the dispute.

Agreed as it's probably the best I'll get but it wasn't intended to be inflammatory in any way, shape or form.
    I was looking for the opposite of "straight", an equally ridiculous branding of a person.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it for me

Lovely, glad we could resolve that amicably.

As today marks one week since you were banned, your ban has been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Cheers guys. Marking this as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement