Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Holiday" to Galway. I got a heart attack at hotel prices. Any good deals?

2»

Comments

21% of the prices are due to the VAT and rates so the Government can go and squander it.

Yet, somehow it's the fault of the people running businesses about high costs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

salonfire wrote: »
    21% of the prices are due to the VAT and rates so the Government can go and squander it.

Yet, somehow it's the fault of the people running businesses about high costs?

13.5%
    There is no 21% vat rate,hasn't been for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Ah lister mint you and jackiechang should invest in one of those cheap 2 man tents that aldi sell .
    Get yer selves down to a field in galway and have a great cheap weekend .
    Leave the hotels to the people that can afford it and understand that €75 per might per person isn't a rip off .
    While in aldi pick up a bottle of cheap wine .
    Sure it's a win win .

Give over.

Quoting €75 is disingenuous, Hotels are mostly priced per room and a room price of €150 for a Travelodge is ridiculous.

I stay in hotels a fair bit, UK mainly and mainland Europe, apart from central London there is no way I'd expect to pay anything close to that for something of that standard. In fact I have a strict no-Travelodge policy in the summer as they are unbearably hot without air conditioning this time of year, paying that much for a room where I can't even get a decent night's sleep, no way.

OP I'm glad you got a decent deal somewhere else, the only sane response to the homegrown rip-off merchants is not to give them any business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I paid 525 for two nights in salthill on the weekend of the galway races, i didn't know the racing was on. Also it never stopped raining. Ill never go back unless its a stag party where i can hide from the rain.

13.5%
    There is no 21% vat rate,hasn't been for years.

13% VAT + Rates. Hotels have a large footprint and rates for them are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Fdevine.... The original poster has been given information that the ardilaun hotel can be got for €199 for 2 nights for 2 people .
    Its a 4 star hotel .
    Your hardly suggesting €50 per night per person is expensive ?
    At this rate some people on here will want to be paid to stay in galways hotels .

Mod note: No need for the personal abuse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Think this thread has served its function. Locking it for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement