Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activists plan to ground flights with drones

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cheap flights opened up the world to the working class

The left and their spinoffs are no friends of the working class today

The gap between the Working Class and the Left is one of the most significant political stories of the last 25 years and it's still growing.

nthclare wrote: »

Oops someone knocked them off their roost, fly with the crows, and you'll get shot

Sorry about this I'm new around here anyway could someone tell me what this means who fell off their perch?

Anyway back to the topic at hand and I fully support these protesters as long as they hold a peaceful protest and don't in danger any aircraft in operation they are only trying to do their best to keep the public's attention focused on the climate catastrophe that is enveloping our Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Danzy wrote: »
    The gap between the Working Class and the Left is one of the most significant political stories of the last 25 years and it's still growing.

I think you're mixing up your buzzwords there

Bums the lot of them. Get a job.

I'm sure many of them do have jobs most civilised nations (except the US) give employees mandatory amounts of annual leave. So perhaps that is what a few of them are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Sorry about this I'm new around here anyway could someone tell me what this means who fell off their perch?

Anyway back to the topic at hand and I fully support these protesters as long as they hold a peaceful protest and don't in danger any aircraft in operation they are only trying to do their best to keep the public's attention focused on the climate catastrophe that is enveloping our Earth

Inconveniencing people, costing them time, money and causing them unnecessary stress is not going to garner much sympathy or support for the issue.

They are legally going about their business, they aren’t committing any crimes and they aren’t doing anything wrong.
    They are entitled to travel without interference by any group.
    Protest and lobby outside government buildings or Airline head offices by all means, but leave the airports alone.

If my flight was cancelled because of one of these stunts I would be furious and even though I try my best to live life as eco friendly as possible, it would discourage me from supporting that organization in any way whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Imagine if someone has to wait for a delivery of a transplant organ and due to these numptys the delay was due to their obstruction.

But sure these sociopaths will over look my comment.

They're the kind of people who thinks it's ok to have their kids strung out on dubes and mushrooms.

I know some of these eco warriors and they're absolute knuckle draggers.

Always protesting against the spirit of fair play, the moral compass of a reptile at feeding time in a zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not a hypocrite. I don't go to England or the continent that often, but when I do I always take the most eco-friendly way possible. So from here. That means a train to Dublin, then catch the boat and then more trains until I get to my destination.

Since you do the maths as you find the most eco-friendly. Can you tell me what are the Carbon emissions your way versus a flight I am actually curious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

They went too far and got banned from the forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Overheal wrote: »
    ‘We are exploiting a loophole but we are going to be arrested,’ ‘nobody will be in danger but we are intent on grounding flights’

well if no one will be in danger why bother grounding flights at all

it'll be just a load of crustys in a field with a few cops and heap of cameras

when its realized that nothing was achieved thats the end of it

This sort of nonsense is gonna drive away support.

I really wish these people would actually come up with something practical and worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

This guy says the science says if we don't fundamentally change our society in the next ten years we're headed for mass starvation and total social collapse.

Is this the scientific consensus?

https://youtu.be/9HyaxctatdA

This guy says the science says if we don't fundamentally change our society in the next ten years we're headed for mass starvation and total social collapse.

Is this the scientific consensus?

As far as I am aware, no that is not the consensus just yet anyway. There's still some uncertainty about how bad the situation is and is going to get with some saying the IPCC report is too conservative and things are warming faster than expected. And I believe I read recently that the ice sheet in Greenland is warming much sooner than expected and that the before mentioned report doesn't take into account feedback loops from the likes of the melting of permafrost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

As far as I am aware, no that is not the consensus just yet anyway. There's still some uncertainty about how bad the situation is and is going to get with some saying the IPCC report is too conservative and things are warming faster than expected. And I believe I read recently that the ice sheet in Greenland is warming much sooner than expected and that the before mentioned report doesn't take into account feedback loops from the likes of the melting of permafrost.

The actual IPCC report, as opposed to the synopsis, has all of this.

Advertisement